Play YouTube video button
Virgin Active

Virgin Active Employee Reviews

United Kingdom453 reviews
This job was a fast-paced job which kept you nicely busy. Gained Costa qualification and learnt the importance of inventory counts. It's a fun place to work at within own and other departments.
Very diverse work in a great location with great benefits. Steady workload. Plenty of support. Very fair management. Able to carve your career and reviews are taken seriously.
Pros
People and Teams A working family.
Cons
No cons
Good place to work. High culture of work. Nice people, relaxing atmosphere.
Clear information about my work duties. In this difficult time I am well informed about the situation
Pros
Free gym pass
Cons
16 hours contract
working here was okay but not very enjoyable or stimulating - I would not recommend this job to anyone who is not comfortable with doing mainly nothing for hours on end
They do not protect or care about their staff and it is impossible to be a happy. Management get no support and burn out quickly they can work 60+ hours a week with no training. Staff who aren't in a managment role are dismissed easily and take the brunt of under trained and under appricated managers. After 10 years of working for VA i would not recommend this company if you want to be happy in your workplace.
Be prepared to be over worked and underpiad.
Pros
free buddy membership
Cons
everything else
My overall experience was great, I really enjoyed working there. I disliked the lack of opportunity I was given to change my job position within the company for exactly what I preferred to be occupied in.
Pros
Free Membership, Opportunity to meet people
Cons
the hypocrisy of my line manager, he did not want to recommend me for being promoted for another job position, after I have had a successful full year of experience as a FMC.
Ok place to with , management changed a lot during my time here , staff are pretty good people , needs money spent on the place generally. Wages were always an Issue as had us on a tire system which means when you start it's low pay.
I worked here for 20 years and gained tons of knowledge as a manager and the people are fun to work with. Expectations are high, but it’s a challenge which I like.
Working at Virgin active had a fun, bubbly environment and the team really made our time their worth while as every one got along so well and we worked together as a team. It is a fast paced environment and every day was sure a new day at Walbrooks Virgin active.
All of the staff are fantastic & work well together. It can be challenging during busy times, however everyone pulls together well.

The best part of the job is working with great colleagues & the opportunity to build a rapport with the customers (who are also great).

The staff at Virgin Active's central office are also very supportive & there are a lot of training opportunities within the company.

Overall I highly recommend Virgin Active as an employer!
no support from managers and hard to gain clients. It's very easy for them to put you under investigation even though yoy have done nothing wrong.
The wages are not good unless you have loads of clients which is hard to get
I didn't actually work for them but had about 7 different companies that had the contract. But virgin staff and managers were always brilliant with us
great company to work for

regional managers need to do more for there sales managers

they need to set and keep commissions at the right level

job security is a must
first job, flexible working hours and good pay. working cleaning poolside, gyms floor and watching poolside. good place to make friends and off good free facilities to staff
Money motivated company who put profits above customer satisfaction, I did learn a lot about running a business but feel to put the profits above customer satisfaction not suitable for me
i enjoyed my time at virgin active the team is very welcoming i gained a lot of experience in the sports field. also enjoyed interacting with customers as the working environment is very pleasant.
• Regular pool supervisor, who also focused on customer satisfaction
• Built customer relations improving repeat purchases within the company

• Sales team assistant aiding new customers to subscribe to the services

• Providing one on one tours to potential new members

• Putting forward new ideas on ways to improve signup rates
Azienda per la quale chiunque vorrebbe lavorare. Azienda che si occupa e cura dei dipendenti. Ambiente collaborativo e stimolante con possibilità di carriera
Management can't understand how a 0 hour contract and cutting hours from 40 to 7 in a week and earning a quarter of what I was needing a month. They didn't treat staff fairly on poolside
I do not think it is right forcing people to write a review to proceed with their applications on this website. I am only writing until i have reached
Had a good time my collegue, managenet was,nt so kind. left the job due to hour of work and low pay. time spent at the job was was good . i had a good experince and it thought me alot .
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Active. Our community is ready to answer.