Vindis Group

Vindis Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews
Death by KPI is the norm at Vindis. Box ticking is far more important than providing a personal, high standard of service.
Their ideal sales recruit would be early 20's, worked in retail, so low earnings expectation, not had the use of a vehicle as part of the job and likes the status that goes with that. Someone that can be micro-managed and follow instructions. Like a little robot that scurries between the customer and their sales manager, doing exactly as they are told. Not exercising any initiative.

There are so many other responsibilities that fall on your shoulders to make things happen and react to customers' requirements in a working day, that don't tick those boxes of your core job responsibility. So you either ignore those and let customers down, or embrace them and be punished on your KPIs. Everything is run on a shoestring. They just won't spend money on basics needed to do the job.

Management are unpleasant. You are not valued - just look at their staff turnover. They are perpetually recruiting. Pay is poor. And miss your KPIs by a small amount and take a big hit on your commission. It really is a no-win situation. Not recommended.
Pros
The brands they represent
Cons
Minimum 55 hours a week, low earnings, unpleasant managers
If your face doesn't fit here, you will not last.
Too much goes on behind closed doors between managers and if you are not wanted there you will know.

I have witnessed staff members get multiple disciplinary's for behaviour including racism and hate speech which should result in gross misconduct instead are constantly rewarded over staff that bend over backwards for the company and do NOT get any recognition.

They definitely sell you a dream to get you in here, making out they are a 'family run business' when in actual fact they have no regard for staff and have an extremely bad HR system.

From previous experience you will get better treatment working for a PLC.

Head the warning and for your own sanity DO NOT GO THERE.
I won’t go into too much detail, But your suffocated with the workload in my month of February 2020 13 people Alone have left Peterborough Audi Which speaks volumes!! Not appreciated all they care about is figures and targets and your ignored unless your face fits! They pay so poor, targets are Unachievable they are set up so you work 200% but the bonus structure is set up so your unable to earn bonus just please avoid!!
I was due to temp in reception for a six week period. When I got there it was clear they'd completely forgotten they'd booked me and had hired a permanent receptionist in the meantime. When I raised this they shrugged and told me to stay anyway despite there not even being a chair for me! The sales floor team were rude and dismissive. A toxic environment not recommended.
In spite of having you believe that they are a caring family business the opposite is true. No support just get on with it and then deal with the fall out, Investigative and disciplinary meetings appear to be a daily event, a bizarre place to work. No progression unless your face fits, not really judged on ability more if you fit into the click,
Even the employment agencies are telling you to avoid so the reputation is out there.
- Sell you the dream to get you in.
- Stay well away as they are making financial loss, they will turn their backs on you.

- Managment hard to read, nice to your face but taking notes about you behind your back.

-When they say ask questions DONT they will Judge you on it.

-Read the reviews, I made that mistake and didn’t listen.
Pros
Nice staff in lower positions
Cons
No consideration if your new to the industry
Vindis is a proud company, they really focus on customer service, which I really admire. Granted its isnt always 100%, but I found they really went above, and beyond, when it came to customers.
It is fast paced, and can be stressful, but I would recommend to anyone, looking to get into the motor trade, as they offer alot of room to move up, within the company.
I worked at Bedford Audi and lasted 5 weeks. The sales team were amazing and so welcoming! The management apart from the GSM were awful. The used car a manager made me cry on my second week and nothing happened. They talk to people like rubbish and want to micro manage the life out of you when we are grown adults! The managers have this sort of entitlement around them and very cliquey. The HOB was a joke and spoke down to staff I really wouldn’t recommend. After I left about 3 more did within a month. Horrendous place.
My experience was very unpleasant. I had an interview here some time back. The way I was left in a room for what seemed like ages was poor. The guy that interviewed me seemed hurried and totally lack professional standards. He was out of his depth. I nearly walked out. Obviously he talked his way into a job. I knew instantly I could never work with him. Proper little kid mentality. Was left unimpressed by the general vibe despite a trendy showroom with support staff on site. It is their loss i dont work there as knowledge of cars is v high + are ind experienced. I took a look around got the impression it was very clicky/boys club type place. My attempt to talk a staff member there on my way out was met with a smirk. Immature stupid behaviour. Glad I dont work there. I hear staff come and go. Much like car dealership places anyway.
Rewarding and good company to work for. Quite pressured but that’s sales for you.. not much work/ life balance but is what it is. Sales exec pay uncapped and fair earnings, decent basic. Been with them almost 5 years. Opportunity for progression. Relaxed and fun place to work!
Wish there was better support for parents and improvements in maternity benefits
By far the worst place I've worked, from the pay plan to the management!

If your face don't fit and your not in the Vindis click you wont go anywhere within any of there businesses.
Thrown in at the deep end with no proper training. Ask for help and your met with a disgusted look and answer. Turn over of staff is incredibly high and I'm not surprised. Wages too are pathetically low for what is expected of you so would never recommend you work for this company.
The salary is the lowest I've found in the motor trade for most roles. When you have to deal with to many customers you'll get blamed for not giving them all the same amount of time and care.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Get blamed for alot of issues
I was new to the industry and At first you’re given a nice warm welcome and then you’re left to fend for yourself with no guidance, no help. Any ask of help is met with annoyance. Management was skeptical of any criticism of this. Both staff and management very clicky...
Pros
Don’t do it
Cons
Literally just don’t do it
Working within the motor industry you have to do long hours and unless in sales, you don't get much reward. Very tough for a work/life balance.

Progression is good but hours are extremely long.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Worked as a temporary employee as and when cover required. Good work/life balance for temporary/part time. Cannot comment on full time. Clear guidelines given.
Great company to work for! The Salary's arent the best for the pressure of the job sometimes but for a happy work environment I would recommend. I had the best manager ever
Pros
great christmas parties, down to earth managers
Long hours and 6 days a week with a poor minimum wage as a salesman, the more you sell the more you earn. Good salary potential in the summer selling motorcycles but not so good in the winter.
Expected to do everything including cleaning the showroom, do the invoicing, parts, workshop management so a lot to do in the day.
Pros
Working with Ducati
Cons
Long hours poor basic salary