Viking Cruises Employee Reviews

Great work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Europe30 November 2019

Greate job to work on viking greate experience and i lear to work profesional and you can travel and you see the world for free with a nice team
Productive Workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Danube river5 November 2019
Every day is the same ,good experience on the ships , long working hours, productive workplace, good tips, fast paese, friendly guest, helpful staff.
5 star company struggling with expansion
Guest Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London22 January 2019
Great people, great company, great product, but due to expansion of the company a lot of my work was fire fighting system errors, deviations, marketing mistakes etc
Swiss pension and paid vacation
Guest Service Agent & Concierge (Former Employee) –  Europe13 February 2018
Overall nice to work for Viking. You work every day but you have break during the day and easy to get in town as everything is nearby, Contract include a certain amount of paid vacation and also Swiss pension, for EU citizens only!
The only negative thing I can mention is that they removed the Concierge position what meant salary cut down to 50% or so. So the former Concierges are pretty much all gone.
Pros
paid vacation and swiss pension
Cons
No salary increase year after year. No more Concierge.
Professional enviornment
Shadowing (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, ENG23 January 2016
As i only shadowed people here, I was only able to do hands on work such as admin and i only listened and watched as staff made bookings and answered the customer complains or compliments phones.

I learned second hand here how staff would calm an outraged customer on the phone and would apologise and do their best to solve the problem.

The co-workers I met there were all very supportive and wanted to help in any way they could, it was a loving and warm environment as well as professional.

The admin was very repetitive so as soon as i got the hang of it it was very easy to do.
Pros
I got some good experience here
Cons
a long day, leaving early and coming home late due to travelling on trains