Victoria and Albert Museum Employee Reviews

Garden in love
Barista Maestro (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  London28 August 2018
My day started at 9 in the morning organizing the bar for the service: it consisted in making the stock of all the drinks and ordering the food for lunch at the kitchen. We organize the bar for breakfast and lunch later. The hardest part was giving the roles to all the boys and control the performance of the service.
Great people and enjoyable place to work
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London, ENG27 June 2015
Although it was only a temporary work experience placement it was a great opportunity. The Sackler Center at the V&A had great working environment with friendly co-works and staff. I met a few artists and sculptors as well as the added benefits of seeing exhibitions for free. Apart from the exhibitions, the other most enjoyable experiences were helping to run workshops and getting to see some behind the scenes of how the museum was run. There was some tedious jobs but they have to be done. Most days over the two weeks were very different from the other with an exception to continuous or on going tasks i had to perform.
Pros
Free tickets to exhibitions.
Cons
As it was work experience I can't think of any.
enjoyable and friendly workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Kensington4 December 2013
A typical day at work is to clean and tidy the entire shop and replenish all stock, then throughout the day we had to work towards impeccable customer service selling such things as jewelry and museum memorabilia. Then to go over the shop once again in the evening.
I have learned how and what to say when selling products, what techniques to use and how to approach customers.
I always felt i worked well in the team and the management were very helpful in directing and pushing us to reach our targets.
The hardest part of the job was when it was quiet in the shop and trying to approach customers who may have just been browsing or not as interested.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a hardworking and friendly team and pushing myself to sell more.
fun workplace
EVENTS SIA Security Officer (Former Employee) –  LONDON, UK18 June 2017
the organization has a task culture. very good place to work at, friendly colleagues and managers. got to see many events, celebrities and entertainment functions.
Pros
can move to a different role within the organisation
The Best
Gallery Assistant (Former Employee) –  London28 March 2017
Lovely team, great to work with and got to travel to different cities and organisations to share information and knowledge. Very respectful and a joy to work with.
Artistic and Classy Workplace
PROJECT / MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  London10 May 2016
V&A is a very happening place to work. There is lots to learn and explore with each day bringing different challenges.The museum is glorious with its collections, exhibitions, tours and many ongoing construction plans
A good place to volunteer
Museum Ambassador (volunteer) (Current Employee) –  London, ENG23 October 2014
Fantastic staff, very supportive. Its nice to be able to help the public experience the museum. There is a lot to learn about the museum and its history but all in all a very rewarding experience.
Repetitive Data Entry
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 October 2015
I spent 6 months working for the membership department, entering new memberships arising out the Savage Beauty exhibition
Pros
Canteen Access
Cons
Repetitive Work