Victoria Community Care Employee Reviews

Great culture and very caring staff
Carer (Current Employee) –  Prescot30 March 2019
Work here as a carer and really love my job. The staff, including managers, are all lovely and always happy to help and support you. I enjoy making a difference to people’s lives, have worked for other agencies but not as good as this one. I’m here to stay, love it.
Brilliant company
Carer (Former Employee) –  Prescot, Merseyside30 March 2019
Worked here as a care worker and also in the office, managers were very supportive and caring, service users were not just numbers and neither were the staff.
Would highly recommend working here.
Pros
Good team work
work place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool24 May 2018
Duties included looking after the elderly in their own homes as well as care homes. I helped with personal care, cooking and cleaning as needed.working on my own
a very good company to work for, but they are not guareented hours
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Liverpool5 February 2018
Variable care from basic needs to complex needs.
How important it is to help the elderly stay in their own homes if possible.
Good managers but progression is very slow have been waiting to do my NVQ level 3 for about 3-4 years.
Seeing someone die or deteriorate after getting to know them very well.
The company and the laughs you can have when you have formed the trust between you and the service/client user.
Pros
doing a job that i really love
Cons
not enough hours, and when someone passes away you then have lost those hours sometimes 20 hours a month
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Knowsley2 January 2018
I love workinh here great people to work with great skills to learn great chance to further your career and to add new qualifications and skills a good way to build confidence and learn different ways of communication.
Not very supportive
Community carer (Former Employee) –  Prescot, Merseyside21 September 2017
I loved my job and my clients. Office staff are bullies. Forever bullying you into their area. You refuse a job they won't answer the phone to you simple.
After working for them for 2 years I applied for new job role elsewhere. But the only problem is they will not give you a reference. I was out of work for 6 weeks!!!!
Waiting for a reference. Not good at all.
I won't be working for them again. They have lost a really good carer.
Rewarding Job
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huyton, Merseyside21 March 2017
I loved my time at Victoria Care. I had no previous experience, but was provided with all training i needed to do my job well. I was able to do my NVQ, which helped me apply for my nursing course. Victoria were very supportive when i decided to move into nursing from home care. Overall, i felt very supported by everyone at Victoria Care and would recommend them as an employer.
Pros
Funded / paid for Training
fast paced work environment
Internal Recruitment Officer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside20 February 2017
I manage the day to day procedures of the company's recruitment team covering all aspects of recruitment from CV searching, advertising, conducting interviews, group recruitment days and inductions.
Awful
Placement Officer (Former Employee) –  Knowsley8 February 2017
No contract so they do want they want. Your just a number,staff turnover very high as no respect. Expect to call cram even though they have a tracker system. You may have hours one week but if they get a compliant your hour will drop so you leave. Office staff need to have customer service training. Very rude.
Workplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cornwall24 November 2016
I have enjoyed working for Victoria community care. They have provided me with enough hours and as I have no family down here they have been there for me.
Ok Company
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Prescot31 October 2016
The company is ok to work for but you get no support from the office staff and are constantly bullied into doing more work. They expect you to be in more than one place at the same time and they treat the clients as numbers rather than people
Pros
Good training
Cons
Long Hours
Great to work here
Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  liverpool15 May 2014
Nice friendly environment and caring staff and managers. A large amount of team work was involved here and the company is very well organised.
A very rewarding job.
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Prescot, ENG3 March 2014
Day to day duties, seeing people grateful for what you do is amazing, knowing you can walk out of there homes and know you helped someone,
Workplacement
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG1 October 2013
The typical day at work was doing the same activities the things that I learned was the way that offices work and all the different activities that they have, the management where really helpful, the co-workers where very supportive, the hardest part of the job was making sure that i got everything correct and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning new things.
Pros
Supportive work collegues
Cons
Attitude off people