Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Worst company I have worked for
Stock Processor ( Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Daventry12 June 2018
It was a really nice place to work at the start everyone was really friendly but management won’t come and help if they think your not doing so great, not enough training is given but soon moan if your doing it wrong. If there is an issue with someone instead of trying to resolve it the person who didn’t raise the issue gets the boot they will make up excuses to why they are getting rid of you. They favour people over others.
Pros
Freebies, good pay
Cons
Rubbish management team, not appreciate
good
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 May 2018
very proffessional environment and work well together and serve their clients well and achieve their aim and methods.they are super kind and acceptive.
Driven and fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester3 May 2018
Never bored and you will always find something to do, either to help the customers or the general running of the store. I learned new ways of organisation and new skills to help gain the customers interest in the stock such as introducing them to the new offers and making a personal relationship with each customer.
Pros
Staff always willing to help.
Cons
Overtime was expected - rarely finished on time.
Fun Workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester3 May 2018
I worked a seasonal contract so there were a lot of girls that I got to meet and work with who was in the same boat as me. I learned colour organising which I still stick to at home in my wardrobe. The management team were so lovely and helped so much and overall the workplace was such a fun place to be in especially the other staff who had already previously worked there. The hardest part of the job was the long and high demanding shifts, though it's Victoria's Secret working there is not as glamorous as it seems. It is definitely a high-demanding job and you must be good at selling products in order to be noticed by managers. The most enjoyable part was the people I got to work with, it made shifts easier.
Pros
discounts and free gifts
Cons
long, long hours
Great if you're looking to progress in Retail.
Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenhithe24 April 2018
I started in 2016 as a part time generalist knowing that I wanted to progress on the Merchandising side of retail. Within the year I received a temporary promoted role and after the 3 months that it lasted I then got permanently promoted to Visual Merchandising supervisor.
You have to be passionate about the brand and able to cope with a lot of stress and balancing tasks.
Understand that even if you are on the Visual/Merch side of things you will be expected to sell and be 100% customer focused. Retail is about making money not just making the store look pretty.
I have no cons for the actual company but if you are just there to earn a wage and expect a good work/life balance you will not be happy.
In any retail job it has to be your life, you will be there day and night, week-days and week-ends and limited to when you can take holiday.
Pros
Gratis, progression.
Cons
No work/life balance.
productive
Seasonal Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bond Street21 March 2018
A very kind and friendly work place. Was taken care of and shown around when I first started working there. If I was unsure about things I was shown again or assisted.
productive and professional
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Brighton and Hove12 March 2018
victoria secret have really good employee and customer values, we are trained very well and are always looked after. We are treated with respect and it makes it a fun environment to work at.
Pros
skills and professionalism
Enjoyable role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool12 March 2018
I enjoyed working at Victorias secret and seeing how working in a retail environment. as I worked in a temporary role I didn't settle in with the team,
nice wrking place
SALES AND SUPPORT GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 March 2018
i really enjoyed my time there but it really depandns on your role if you are going to have an easy going time or not.
can be very stressful when busy
only BIG problem in that company is that if your manager doesn't like you...be patient and you find a chance change departments, coz you can't do anything or take anything, like annual or unpaid leave when you need.

also every month you have 'gratis' some free or buy-ins items.
Pros
amazing enviroment
Cons
bad managing stracture - immature managers in some departments
energetic
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London3 March 2018
A typical day at work is okay. Some days are slow but most are fast paced and busy. I learnt that you have to constantly be on your toes and never miss interacting with a customer when they walk through the door. The management was alright but the other employees were very kind and friendly during and after work hours. The hardest part of the job was getting customers to remember your name when you get to the till and being stuck on panty bar all day, but the most enjoyable part was pay day.
Pros
Good pay
Fun envionrment
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire13 February 2018
A fun environment to work in because at the time I was in university and therefore a lot of students were working alongside me. There's a lot that has to be done eg visual display, manning the till, tidying etc especially at busy periods ie Christmas and valentines day. However, this could also get boring if the store was quiet.

Hours would vary as it was a shift pattern, so at times I could have a 9hr shift but other times I could have 4hr shift.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Potential long hours
Good
Goods In Operative (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 February 2018
Working here was good, very busy so always something to do. Many hours were offered to me. pay was good and paid every two weeks which was even better.
fun work environment
Generalist Adviser (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire28 January 2018
lovely staff and great place to work lots of hours to pick up and a good work life balance. free/discounted monthly items and just a proffessional work place
Pros
extra hours
Nice Staff
Seasonal Retail Staff (Former Employee) –  Liverpool23 January 2018
Just using seasonal staff to get the job done over christmas, had no intention of keeping anyone on. Didnt really care about seasonal staff, very unorganised and 30 seasonal staff hired just for christmas! made us believe that we would be taken on, hired anyone that got through to interviews even unexperienced people. However staff was nice, apart from a few managerial staff.
Pros
40% off Discount.
Cons
Long hours worked christmas eve, boxing day, new year day and new year eve.
fast paced
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Manchester22 January 2018
VS was amazing to work for, mostly. you get 30% discount on everything, and monthly perk of a gratis. it is very fast paced though and managers expected an increasingly unrealistic expectations from everybody
Pros
good pay and perks to job
Cons
managers expected too much sometimes
An amazing experience
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge9 January 2018
Working at Victoria's Secret PINK was probably the best experience for me. I learnt so much on the journey and felt so motiviated as I was constantly surrounded by people with a passion for the company which I loved. The pay was very good, however the work/live balance wasn't great as I found myself working all weekend every weekend which I didn't like and that was the reason I left.
Challenging but enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reading4 January 2018
A typical shift at Victoria's Secret involved setting and checking daily and weekly targets, then connecting with customers on the shop floor in order to make sales. I learned about different techniques for selling, responding to different customers, and making them feel at ease. working at VS also required an extensive knowledge of the product. I struggled with the store management as there was a lot of pressure over reaching high targets, especially when the shop was very quiet. Even when the store was empty of customers, talking to other members of staff was discouraged, which prevented the feeling of being settled as part of a team and caused tension among the staff, especially when members of the management were around. Lots of the staff felt as though certain members of the management actively disliked them and that they were always doing something wrong, until they had a day where they did particularly well with sales, and the pressure eased a little. Lots of members of the team left in the time that I was there. The workplace would have had a lovely atmosphere to work in, but pressure from the management made it unpleasant. the hardest part of the job was meeting targets on quiet days. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and helping to build their self confidence by taking them through the process of bra fittings and choosing different styles and designs
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
High Pressure
fast moving
Generalist Adviser (Former Employee) –  London/Sheffield4 January 2018
you were truly valued , one needed good all round skills , as it was fast paced the time you were there flew by , learned to be flexible and their product range was vast . Management were accommodating , always time to listen , culture happy , going home at the end of ones shift knowing you had been a good team player
Pros
good discount
Cons
fast moving
Horrible, shallow and draining
Sales & Support Generalist - Novem (Former Employee) –  White City, Greater London11 December 2017
the management were very stressed it wasn't a very easy place to work as the stress levels of the management reflected on the staff members it wasn't positive
Pros
free stuff sometimes
Cons
everything
A great company and fun & friendly place to work a
Sales & Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Southampton30 November 2017
Such a great place to work looked forward to go there everyday great management and staff learned so much working there great experience in life would love to work for the company one day in the future
Pros
Great discount
Cons
No cons everything was great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K