Victoria's Secret
Updates from Victoria's Secret:

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

United Kingdom210 reviews
Fun but b*tchy
Can be a great place to work but as a seller you will have your sales targets barked down your ear every half hour which creates competition which can get b*tchy. If you're BOH you do regular night shifts which are exhausting. You will also still be expected to hit sales targets even if you're in stockroom all day. Good benefits but work/life balance is hard due to very stressful days.
Like marmite... love it or hate it
This was a very high intense environment very fast paced being pulled from every angle with little to no support. My role was pretty much self taught with no one able to support or teach me the role
Horrible people/management
I worked as a summer temp (the heat was unbearable at times) and I have to say that the managers ( and staff who have been here longer) were so rude and terrible. They didn’t even teach us or train us properly and got really angry when we “asked too many questions” and because of this, if any of the new people made mistakes, they would yell at us and talk about us behind our backs to other older staff members. I tried to convince myself that I enjoyed this job and that this is a great job, but really it was terrible. I reached the stage where my mood would drop the day before I started any shift here because I felt so uneasy and uncomfortable when stepping into the staff room, let alone the shop floor.
It is very catty here and the environment is very toxic. Everyone talks about each other behind their backs, but act very sweet to each other’s faces. The hideous Language use and swearing os also unbearable here. One staff made a nasty comment about a new staff and ridiculed , yet the manager replied “nice one” instead of telling her off
Cons
Catty environment, Swearing behind others back, Clothes were a mess, Stockroom were a mess & lots of risks and hazards
Work Place
Nice place to work but some on the work employees are rude and think there are better than everyone else.
The training was poor which was needed due to it being Christmas season did not have enough time get use to serving a customer at the tills or on the shop floor.
Pros
Discount within the store
Cons
Training
it was ok
the job was very fast paced and busy however the pay was good. staff was easy to get along with. long hours and long periods of time standing on your feet and 1 hour lunch breaks.
Horrid
Don’t even think about working for this company. Way too much stress and pressure for what the job is. Management is poor and have clear favourites. Training is inadequate and you are expected to know everything straight away. Wouldn’t wish this job on my worst enemy
Perfect experience if first customer service role, very fun but demanding.
Perfect store to work for if your first job as you get first hand faced-paced, demanding and enjoyable customer service experience! However - can be extremely competitive with sales and also a bit clique. But would definitely recommend for a first time job.
Pros
Great for retail experience, gain a lot of essential product knowledge and benefits around seasonal times (also great pay)
Cons
Very long hours, can be competitive and sometimes very clique with colleagues.
Rubbish
They don’t pay you your full pay
They log in the wrong hours

Only 4 hours of works per week available sometimes

Wouldn’t recommend anyone working here

Unsociable colleagues
Awful
Horrible managers, racist, don’t care about the staff. They believe that you have to be a size 2 to worm for them. Especially Bond street, they have no empathy and a very high turn over on recruitment
Staff were patronising and condescending bullies
I worked here as a sales assistant over the festive season and had the absolute worst time. It started off well, some staff introduced themselves but as the weeks went on, i was made to feel insecure and useless. Mangers would waste time standing about the shop floor gossiping about the other girls to other sales assistants and managers. The way they treated each other not to mention the way some of them talked about customers in fitting rooms is not what victoria’s secret should be about. I overheard staff talking about me and would see girls rolling their eyes at me without any real reason. Out of however many staff there is working there, 3 of them were actually nice and respectful towards me. Completely ruined my confidence and made me feel completely empty. Hope this issue is resolved.
Pros
Good pay, Really good benefits
Cons
Unprofessional, Bullying
What I gained from VS
I enjoyed working at Victoria secrets it was probably the best job I had ever received. The staff is amazing and so welcoming I felt a part of the company within the first shift. The hours were appropriate especially for my busy university schedule.
fun place to work
very fun lace to work. a lot of work perks such as free underwear and body sprays. very very completive witin sales though. sales are tracked hourly if the customer forgets you name, you miss out on the sale to your name
Horrible people/management
Cons
Good pay and 30/40% discount, however hours were extremely long, I was on a 4 hour contract but would work between 24-40 hours each week, and managers were not supportive to most staff- had clear favourites
Pros
Good discount and pay
Cons
Long hours, management
Not a great company to work for
Personally i dont know how i managed to stay in this company as long as i did. It wasnt a fun time, very stressful and unfair workplace which is agreed by alot of people there. Rotas not given far in advance, Holidays not accepted, promotions not given internally, split up from working with friends, Lunch breaks monitored down to the minute.
Pros
met some good friends
Cons
unfair rotas
Good company to work for
Always had tasks to get done so constantly busy throughout the job. Lovely place to work for, with an amazing group of people.
Also, included gratis and great discounts which were fab
productive and fun
It was a good experience, however it is stressful, meaning that you are always on your feet. You must always be hard working and ready to conversate with customers.
Horrific work place
I began to work for VS when they opened their Manchester Arndale Stores 2 years ago. Instantly interview was a nasty cliquey vibe. Managers preferred glam girls other than girls knowing answers. I got the job, wish I did not! Ridiculous tarets...to sell underwear! Stupid goals such as CONSTANTLY tidying knicker drawers and never was good enough. Mangers and supervisors were horrible! Had a few faves that were confident girls, any one that wasn't was given back room jobs and treated awful. Stockroom is a joke & health & safety awful. NO ROOM FOR STOCK OR DELIVERY BOES and if a fire EVEY EXIST IS BLOCKED. DISGUSTING A GLOBAL BRAND HAS SUCH DISGUSTING STOCKROOM STANDARSDS.

OVERALL NASTY, BULLYING PLACE TO WORK. MOST GIRLS ARE NOT NICE AND MANAGERS ARE WORSE AND THEY ARE ALMOST 30/40. DO NOT BOTHER, THE ONE FREE ITEM IS NOT WORHT IT AND FOR MINIMUM WAGE. AVOID
It's alright.
As you'd probably expect, it can get a little catty working in a store with all women. If you keep your head down and just do your job, then you'll be alright. Also watch out for management.
Cool as a temporary job but poor other wise
Some of the managers are nice but if you slip up once or twice you’ll get fired, they’re too sales focused and don’t care about your well being or mental health. They make you nag customers and blame associates when sales are down when realistically it’s because the company is failing.
Pros
Free stuff every month and 30% discount
Cons
The managers in new Bond Street store on first & second floor dont know what they’re doing
Such a lovely company to work for
The management team were amazing and very kind and supportive. The use of radios on the shop floor was super helpful as it meant you could communicate with the other members of staff easily, which was great when you were with a customer and wanted an answer for them quickly. I did 25 hours a week over the Christmas period and I found it really manageable to fit around other things.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.
3.2K