Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Found 144 reviews matching the search See all 7,647 reviews
Positiva
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bond Street, London16 October 2018
Fue una experiencia muy positiva, aprendí mucho sobre el trato con el cliente, mejoré mis idiomas, había un buen ambiente de trabajo en equipo.
Nightmare company!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton9 October 2018
work was always stressful, with orders being barked down the end of the radios and long shifts causing great tiredness without any praise or congratulations, not a company i would recommend.

Rude management who do not care for the welfare of their staff, only that they're making as much money as they possibly can. No gratitude or thanks when you have to sacrifice something for work and no care if perhaps you've been put in on the rota by accident, you have to go regardless.

the only pro was the occasional free pair of pants but even then you'd have to fill out pages of training to even earn it.
Pros
free pants
Cons
exhaustion
Run Work Place
University Campus Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 September 2018
I was able to work with the brand to plan exciting events and activities around my university campus to promote the brand while learning more about the brand itself.
Fun place to work with other associates
Selling Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bond Street28 August 2018
Victoria secret is a fast pace and intense place to work in,you do not any support from SLT and you hardly get support from your line manager unless you have been there for a long time. Working for Victoria secret is emotionally draining you have rota that might make you work 6 days straight,they have black out period which you cannot take holiday from October,Nov,Dec so you cant spend Christmas with your family.

Every company is money hungry but Victoria secret is the worst every hour they are pushing you to harass customers, and making sure every customer spends money.
everyone is out for themselves especially managers,they will lie if it makes them look good.
racial remarks and complaints are also swept under the rug and will not be handled.
My advice if you work for this company do not trust management.
mangers look at you as number so if you make money or do not that is how they will look at you. You are not valued your opinion dose not matter is all all about all in we win attitude which is BS.
Pros
salary, commission, free items
Cons
Management from the top to bottom
Extremely demanding
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 August 2018
Extremely demanding, biased to who they praise.
Jobs complete which were not in my job role but pay and benefits are great.

Management are not understanding of any personal issues
Cons
LONG hours, petty management
Nightmare
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester30 July 2018
Store Manager is a bullie nothing but negativity always someone getting bullied on a daily staff members always quiting worst job ever the only thing that was great was the pay!!!
Pros
Pay
Fun, friendly but unreliable
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Bristol29 July 2018
A typical day could consist of manning the tills, processing delivery, selling to customers or working in the fitting rooms giving bra fittings. At times a very fast-paced fun environment, however the working hours are often unreliable, and can be incredibly varied in working times. Management can often be contradictory of one another and selling is very competitive meaning that the working environment can sometimes get a bit catty. The best part of the job is the free, and greatly discounted products that colleagues are entitled to each month.
Pros
Free products and high rate of pay
Cons
Unreliable hours, changeable shifts and confusing management
busy fast paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Bond Street Station19 July 2018
The stores and the product are beautiful. get to work with a diverse set of people. meet new types of customers every day. the hardest part of the job is the long hours. the most enjoyable part of work is the new launch products. workplace culture is fast paced and busy.
Pros
discount
Not ideal for first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2018
Although management are generally understanding of circumstances, some members of SLT are involved in continuous gossiping with other team members which causes group division and conflicts, however the company overall is amazing! it has been a great experience. I would not recommend it as a first job for anyone, i started when i was young and it was my first job and it has affected my work/life balance and my social life.
Pros
Good opportunities
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bond Street Station17 July 2018
They're strict
Manipulating
Discriminating
They tend to blame you no matter what the situation is
They don't care about your health or well being
Very much 2 face and there's a lot of pressure
Pros
discount
Cons
long hours, half an hour lunch on sundays
Sales associate
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 July 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at VS - perks were good and so was pay (for a student at least) however management were difficult at times and not always accommodating to my needs (however they tried to be as much as possible)
Pros
Breaks and Pay
Cons
Long hours (sometimes) and managers weren't always nice
Productive and fun workplace, best to work when you have finished studying for progression
Christmas Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London20 June 2018
Could not believe the amazing opportunities given at Victoria's Secret, I wish I had started there after I finished university for an opportunity to put all of myself into the role and progress fully.
Pros
Many opportunities to move on in the company, trips away to help other teams, goals and prizes, christmas presents etc
Cons
Inflexible hours
Worst company I have worked for
Stock Processor ( Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Daventry12 June 2018
It was a really nice place to work at the start everyone was really friendly but management won’t come and help if they think your not doing so great, not enough training is given but soon moan if your doing it wrong. If there is an issue with someone instead of trying to resolve it the person who didn’t raise the issue gets the boot they will make up excuses to why they are getting rid of you. They favour people over others.
Pros
Freebies, good pay
Cons
Rubbish management team, not appreciate
Nice place to work at first
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 June 2018
VS is both a very rewarding job as well as demanding, each day you have targets to reach which is expected of everyone even if the store is quiet, if you are a very shy person this job is not for you, you are expected to approach customers and sell sell sell anything from bras to perfume. The store expects a very high standard which you have to constantly tidy as well as serving customers. You also have to stay behind 1 hour each day if you are on the late shift to ensure the store is tidy and clean for the next day. Expect long hours, night shifts, 6am starts. VS does provide staff with discounts and something called gratis which you can get items for even cheaper and even free which is always a bonus. I loved working here for the staff and the pros to the long but you have to expect no social life as you are expected to work weekends and late. The most enjoyable part of the job is 'most' customers you actually connect with them especially in the fitting rooms and it is very rewarding to see that you have made someone comfortable and happy. The hardest part of the job is any time around Christmas, the targets are higher the shop is busier, you have to be on top of everything as the store can get really messy (boxing day) Sale takes a lot of upkeep and you can find yourself just going round in circles which can be very frustrating.
VS also only offer 4 hour contracts so one week you could be working 40 and the next 4, i was always awkward hours such as 6-10pm which meant you are waiting around all day.
Pros
Gratis, Discount.
Cons
Long hours, expect too much.
good
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 May 2018
very proffessional environment and work well together and serve their clients well and achieve their aim and methods.they are super kind and acceptive.
Driven and fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester3 May 2018
Never bored and you will always find something to do, either to help the customers or the general running of the store. I learned new ways of organisation and new skills to help gain the customers interest in the stock such as introducing them to the new offers and making a personal relationship with each customer.
Pros
Staff always willing to help.
Cons
Overtime was expected - rarely finished on time.
Fun Workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester3 May 2018
I worked a seasonal contract so there were a lot of girls that I got to meet and work with who was in the same boat as me. I learned colour organising which I still stick to at home in my wardrobe. The management team were so lovely and helped so much and overall the workplace was such a fun place to be in especially the other staff who had already previously worked there. The hardest part of the job was the long and high demanding shifts, though it's Victoria's Secret working there is not as glamorous as it seems. It is definitely a high-demanding job and you must be good at selling products in order to be noticed by managers. The most enjoyable part was the people I got to work with, it made shifts easier.
Pros
discounts and free gifts
Cons
long, long hours
Great if you're looking to progress in Retail.
Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenhithe24 April 2018
I started in 2016 as a part time generalist knowing that I wanted to progress on the Merchandising side of retail. Within the year I received a temporary promoted role and after the 3 months that it lasted I then got permanently promoted to Visual Merchandising supervisor.
You have to be passionate about the brand and able to cope with a lot of stress and balancing tasks.
Understand that even if you are on the Visual/Merch side of things you will be expected to sell and be 100% customer focused. Retail is about making money not just making the store look pretty.
I have no cons for the actual company but if you are just there to earn a wage and expect a good work/life balance you will not be happy.
In any retail job it has to be your life, you will be there day and night, week-days and week-ends and limited to when you can take holiday.
Pros
Gratis, progression.
Cons
No work/life balance.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dartford15 April 2018
Team are very helpful and managers are approachable and easy to talk to, flexible hours very supportive and helpful when learning new things on the job
productive
Seasonal Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bond Street21 March 2018
A very kind and friendly work place. Was taken care of and shown around when I first started working there. If I was unsure about things I was shown again or assisted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K