VF Corporation Employee Reviews

horrible place to work
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Calverton, Nottinghamshire26 August 2018
There is no typical day the managment and team leader carry on change procedure and policy every week. Managment do not have any knowledge just blame employee without give any support or information. 90% of employees look for other jobs and hate go to work. The turn over is the highest I have ever seen.
Pros
Salary and private health care
Cons
Managment unusefull
Worst job and worst team leader I have ever had
Wholesale Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 August 2018
- If you don't click with the right people you are just a number

- Training, shadowing and team building were a waste of time and
resources

- Most arrogant and conceited team leader I have worked for. Lacked
empathy and people skills. Was not supportive at all.

- Favoritism within the team

- Deliberate unbalanced workload

- Unconstructive criticism

- Rude and demanding sales representatives

- Unclear brand policy

- Inexistant guidelines

- Only ambitious and scruplesless people advance in the company
Pros
Nice offices, Competitive salary, Good benefits, Subsidized canteen, Free bus to and from work, 50% discount in VF owned stores (none of them in Nottingham though), Diverse work environment
Stay away, you have been warned...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire10 July 2018
On the surface VF Corporation is an ethical employer, promoting equal opportunities and boasting an environmentally friendly site and policies. Benefits on offer are in line with other employers of this scale, and workers can generally be proud to work there...

But:

Training during first month was a joke and did not help in any real day to day jobs and tasks later on...

Workload is ridiculous – deliberately unbalanced distribution of workloads and customer accounts – especially if you’re new...

Threats of dismissal and management action after only a few weeks of starting...

Unnecessary pressure in chasing meaningless targets...

And much more... Avoid like the pest!
Pros
Not sure...
Cons
Everything...
Excellent place to work with a challenge every day
Concession Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom11 June 2018
Excellent role to work in with each day being different
Exciting product and creative support across the role
Personal development within the role and developing others to become an integral part of the team
Workplace
Master Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nottingham9 June 2018
Awesome Organisation having Awesome people. Most ethical company as recognised by fortune.This is the most inspiring aspect of VF for me which I have truly experienced during the job role.
Amazing work place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire7 June 2018
VF was amazing. I loved the company culture and the staff were great. The job was challenging which can be expected for Customer service roles. However the company did care for my personal development which I'm truly grateful for.
Worst Team Leader I have ever had the displeasure of knowing, worst working environment ever been in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham24 February 2018
- ‘Training’ during first month was just a farce and did not help in any real day to day jobs and tasks later on

- Constant letdowns and criticisms on a daily basis – no positive reinforcement or acknowledgement of tasks successfully completed

- No Team ethics or spirit

- Team Leader is the worst I have had to deal with – deliberate targeting / intimidation of newer staff

- Workload is ridiculous – deliberately unbalanced distribution / allocation of workloads and customer accounts – especially if you’re new

- Salary is above average, but not worth the time, effort or headaches having to deal with the workload / structure / people

- Threats of dismissal and management action after only a few months / weeks of starting

- Unnecessary pressure in chasing meaningless targets / KPIs / forecasts to hit and end up receiving customer complaints because of it

- Sales Reps are aggressive and far too demanding

- No Pros. Only Cons. Stay away – you have been warned.
Worst manager ever
Assistant Manager-The North Face (Former Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol23 January 2018
Great company but I was unlucky.I had a frustrated manager who treats the staff as slaves changing their schedule every day without announcing,because he couldn’t manage to do it properly.In times of high trade it was shaky and was not a support for the team. Never assume mistakes , blaming others,and he was not open to new opinions believing that he was doing everything perfectly.I didn’t had support from manager and supervisor, both was really fake people .Really a bad experience
Pros
Great staff discount
Enjoyable to work with VF
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uk16 January 2018
Customer facing role gives the satisfaction of quality customer service. Constantly expanding, VF has opportunities as long as your willing to relocate.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Lack of communication from higher management.
Could not fault my time here
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Calverton, Nottinghamshire14 November 2017
I worked in credit control for 2 years. I made many new friends quickly and still keep in touch with most of the old colleagues. Working as a credit controller will be great experience for graduates or starting professionals wanting multinational/cultural experience.

You work with many famous brands and deal with employees from all over Europe. The department is very busy but everyone is friendly and my team leader was always available for me. Great company.
Pros
Benefits, management, friendly environment
Cons
Workload can be unmanageable at times
short staffed and overworked
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Nottingham5 October 2017
no support which was promised at interview

had to do 2 peoples works as a new starter because company was short on staff

work was not appreciated
Good company to work for
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Calverton, Nottinghamshire16 May 2017
Pros
-Good work environment
-Nice people and work life balance
-Caring and constructive managers in general
-Good salary for the area
-Very good company benefits

Cons
-Out of city centre (30 minutes)
-Sometimes process is slow in the department
Great job if you don't stand out from the crowd
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire3 May 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed the first couple of months working for VF Northern Europe. As the time went on however it was obvious there was a bias within management and team leaders were free to make credit controllers' lives nightmarish if they so pleased. Petty arguments, fruitless phone calls and constant reminders of actions that could be taken if progress did not improve (regardless of being proven that progress was made numerous times) by management resulted in a very unenjoyable experience. In the end dismissal came out of nowhere with multiple colleagues disappointed in the decision made by the team leader but too apprehensive to voice their opinion in case they were the next to stand out from the crowd. Overall, it was s great experience until the last month where it was obvious dismissal was eminent based on managements bias towards bland employees.
Pros
Good salary, good work life balance and flexible approach to work
Cons
Extremely petty management, strategical decisions made to facilitate dismissal of unwanted employees
Great experience
Credit Control (Former Employee) –  Calverton, Nottinghamshire23 February 2017
I worked as a credit controller for 3 years and moved away, hence leaving Nottingham and VF. The role was good, and the people very friendly.
The managers give you freedom to get the job done, and will only be there to step in if there is a problem. I miss the culture, because my company now is very strict in comparison but VF is all about lifestyle brands and being comfortable so that is why the culture is relaxed.
I found senior management to be very knowledgable about commercial issues and there was always an open door rule.
Pros
Friendly staff, training team, great brands and global company
Cons
long hours during busy season
Great experience
Credit Control (Former Employee) –  Calverton, Nottinghamshire15 February 2017
Pros
Friendly staff, training team, great brands and global company
Cons
long hours during busy season
Healthy and dynamic workplace
Bilingual customer representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire13 February 2017
For such a big company, focused on capital and expansion, I really enjoyed working there. To me I was quite lucky thanks to the fact I had a great team, good team leader. As customer service representative they give you the freedom to be proactive and play around procedure to accommodate the customer (to a certain extent). The workplace was great, very clean, recent building nothing to moan about except the canteen, which to be fair was not that bad when you think about their budget and the price they make us pay to get a decent meal.

The only cons is the career path, not much to do in there. It seems quite hard to move from a department to another especially when the team leader count on you. I don't even mention the number of permanent contract which are almost non-existent for the new-comers. I guess it is how the job market is nowadays.

In terms of benefit not much to say neither. Half price on all the VF products, bus pass, restaurant discount, pension scheme an the salary as customer representative is quite decent.

I hope my review will help.

Best of luck in your future endeavour.
Love it here!
Credit Controller, Dutch Market (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire10 February 2017
I was offered the job back in June 2016 as a Credit Controller and I have found the job to be challenging at first, but slowly I'm learning the process and policies. My colleagues are friendly and they made me feel welcome when I first arrived. I like how the environment is casual but everyone works hard.
Pros
50% off brands, onsite canteen and sample sales!
Cons
The office is 35 minutes from town, but at least the transport is reliable and regular
ottima esperienza
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham19 November 2016
ottimo ambiente lavorativo, buoni rapporti con colleghi ambiente di lavoro internazionale
Assistant Garment Technologist (Current Employee) –  London22 October 2016
Overall atmosphere isn't pleasant, there is an undercurrent of toxicity and poor management. Senior members of management have shown distasteful displays of leadership and judgement.
Environnement de travail agreable
Gestionnaire crédits clients (Former Employee) –  Nottingham8 October 2016
VF Corporation offre un environnement interantional ou est trés agreable travailler.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VF Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

VF Corporation Reviews by Location