Vets4Pets Employee Reviews

friendly & happy
Veterinary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough17 April 2018
there is no such thing as a typical day as everyday brings new challenges.
amazing team helping each other out.
good team management
hardest part of the job is the death of an animal
most enjoyable part is helping animals to get better
Pros
help when needed
Cons
Vets4pets in Bristol - Brislington, Imperial Park, + branches. Very bad management and work ethic!
Ex veterinary surgeon (Former Employee) –  Bristol. Brislington and imperial park6 April 2018
Am a retired veterinary worker. Had been in the profession all my life. The management at both of these vets4pets were awful. They were definitely in it for the money and treated all staff really badly. I would say to all veterinary professionals to never work in either of these places. Lots of bully and blame culture. I wish there was a zero star option! Keep well away!
Pros
Cons
Loads. The list is endlesd
valuable work experience
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Redditch6 April 2018
A typical day as a volunteer included cleaning the practice, viewing operations and consultations and helping sell products. I learned what it was like to work in a veterinary practice. The management was very kind yet effective. It was a very friendly environment, I felt very relaxed and safe when working there. The hardest part of the job was sterilising the whole entire practice and all the equipment within an hour and a half whilst only having a small number of staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that a client had walked out of the practice reassured that there pet was in safe hands when leaving their animal for surgery, but what was even better was knowing that we were capable of improving an animals life.
Pros
helping improve animals lives.
Cons
short time to clean.
Great company with room for growth
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Uk18 February 2018
I started with my local branch nearly 6 years ago, in that time I have seen the business grow from 2 vet surgery to a 7 vet surgery.
We now have a full team of 22 from vets,practice manager, nurses and receptionists.
The job is demanding and fast paced if you do your job correctly, and don't mess about you will have a super future and grow. It is not an easy job you have to think quickly, give support, counciler,comforter, cleaner, assistant to nurses, call handler, complaint handler, accountant, we all switch it up to help anyone when needed! always be a team.
We have a strong team and all get on amazing its not just a job its a family.

My advice do your job don't let drama unfold yes you will snap and bicker but its a stressful environment you got to be thick skinned to work in any veterinary job doesn't mean they are bullies just means people are under pressure always give 100% head office are supportive and offer advice in many aspects of work and home life!
Pros
Team work, animals and clients !
Cons
Long hours yes but it is what it is!
brilliant
animal care assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtownards, County Down10 January 2018
brilliant and supportive staff, any task they are set is never too big and they always wild do what is the right thing to do for the animal and the owner. overall brilliant practice no faults at all.
Not good
Veterinary nurse (Current Employee) –  Midlands7 January 2018
Head office are useless, JVP’s only interested in money.
Not a good company to progress your career as a veterinary nurse.
No work life balance at all.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Long hours, low pay, bad management.
Year 10 work experience
Veterinary Work experience (Former Employee) –  Peterborough7 January 2018
When i was in year 10, i did a 2 week placement here. In that time i discovered that it was friendly and the people who worked there were encouraging when it came to gaining experience in certain areas.
Awful management
Registered Veterinary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scotland15 December 2017
They either open a new branch with no permanent veterinary surgeon (and inexperienced locums) making nursing very stressful, or they sell the branch to someone with enough money to buy, regardless of their work ethic.
Pros
Up to date equipment!
Cons
Literally everything else
long day
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  South Shields, Tyne and Wear10 October 2017
during my work experience at vets4pets i had to watch a few operations and dental jobs being done. i was in one consultation. the rest of the time i had nothing to do.
Pros
nothing
Cons
having nothing to do for hours.
Vets4pets is not a good company to work for!
Veterinary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scotland4 October 2017
After working in great practice for several years I went to work for this company after moving to a new area. More interested in profits and targets. Not a good environment.
Delightful work experience
Veterinary Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochford1 October 2017
I did my work experience here for 2 weeks which was amazing. I observed operations. Worked on reception. Obse bed consultations and generally helped care for sick animals
Pros
I learned so much from the staff and it’s definately a career I want to further when I leave college
Cons
I couldn’t continue after work experience as no vacancies
Awful place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vets4pets South Wales5 August 2017
Awful place to work. The company seeks Vets with no common sense or HR skills to go into business with. Very fake and only interested in money.

Working with vets that turn a blind eye to over breeding is a disgrace.
Pros
Cuddles with animals
Cons
Over breeding. Lack of HR support
Work Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Walsall15 July 2017
Excellent place to learn whether veterinary is the job for me. Friendly staff, great experiences and lovely to get hands on in surgery and in the practice
Pros
Working day
Cons
Great! Vets4pets is a caring company.
Receptionist (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, Suffolk12 July 2017
I work for Vets4Pets and I have an awesome team along with a lovely jvp!!! We have fun, the vets and nurses are fab and we are getting busier and busier. I especially like that you can progress within this company, lots of opportunities and good benefits such as discount. Everyone is helpful at my practice and works as a team. Work and social life balance is good and I like the fact the company supports your progression and encourages it. We truly do care for pets. Sometimes it can be stressful but it is rewarding and worth it. 🖒
Pros
Career progression, benefits
Cons
Occasionally very busy so can be stressful at times
Caring and fun place to work.
veterinary care assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex9 July 2017
Very good company to work for. Kind and considerate management who assist to the highest standard. Exceptionally good work/home life balance and very supportive.
Awful
Veterinary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Harrogate12 June 2017
Run by bullies. Poor pay. Bad management. Blame culture. Just a truly awful place to work. Staff are scared to say anything and are under appreciated and under paid. They only care about the money. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
The animals
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, unsociable hours
Needs improvement
Client care co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Merseyside30 May 2017
If I could give zero stars I would.
Really enjoyed my job at first but it just went downhill after a while. Felt bullied and like things that went wrong were my fault. Never any of the other staff. It was always the receptionists in the wrong.
The shifts are 10 hours long with a half an hour break even if you work over your allocated hours. Felt penilised when ringing in sick. Guilt tripped when couldn't cover other receptionists shifts.
The pay was not good enough for the things we have to deal with.
Management needs improving.
The only thing I miss is the clients and the patients and the odd other staff member
Pros
Amazing clients and patients
Cons
Long hours, no overtime pay, short lunches (if any), poor management
Terrible.
Veterinary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scotland18 May 2017
Run by 'head office' who have never tried to work in a busy vet practice in there life. Very money orientated.
Felt more like a sales person than a veterinary nurse at times with targets to be met each month! Not for me at all.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention.
Bad management, no appreciation of support staff.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk14 May 2017
I was a receptionist here. Was required to work a 10-hour shift with only 30 minute break. No room to sit in and eat my lunch so would have to sit in my car or go elsewhere (meaning driving or walking somewhere and taking up most of my lunch break)

The pay was awful and I was promised that after 3 months, the salary would be reviewed but this did not happen.

I was also promised that I could train to be a veterinary nurse, as apparently they took on a trainee nurse every September. This is the reason I took on the receptionist job so I could gain experience. They knew this, but they ended up lying to me as they did not take on a new nurse that year.

It took me around 6 months to actually get my work uniform, so I had to spend money to get work attire which is something I wasn't expecting to have to do.

The management was awful and I got told I let the team down when I turned down working overtime shifts. My reason for choosing not to work overtime was because the last time I did work overtime, I didn't get paid and it took ages to get that money.

I remember spending a lot of my shift talking to the other receptionist about the other jobs we were currently applying for - not a good sign.

It was such a shame, because I really wanted to gain work experience and work with animals, but this company really put me off. Would never recommend working here as a receptionist.
Pros
Other receptionists very supportive
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, no appreciation for the work you do, poor management
Fun place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex11 April 2017
Very enjoyable place to work very friendly staff and clients.
Hardest part of the job is putting animals to sleep
Best part of the job is seeing all the animals.