Vets4Pets

Vets4Pets Employee Reviews

United Kingdom120 reviews
Bullying behaviour
While i very much enjoy the actual job i'm sick of being bullied by certain vets. Some of them speak to us like we are dirt, i have spoken to my JVP without any success often just excuses for this behaviour. Being too scared to ask a vet to see an extra patient is disgusting. Too worried to ask something as you know you will just get a rude sarcastic mouthfull back. My mental well being is suffering terribly. But most important is the clients suffer with stressed out on edge staff.
9 April 2020
Reply from Hannah Watkins, Regional People Partner - West, Vets4Pets

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry to hear of the concerns you raise, and we would certainly like to investigate these for you. Please can I ask if you’d be willing, to call the People Advisor team on 01367 820820 so we can gain further information to aid our investigations? We take colleagues’ concerns very seriously, and we would never want a colleague’s mental health to suffer. If you do not contact the People Team, then please be assured we will ask the Area Relationship Manager to look into your concerns the best he can with the information you’ve provided so far. Thank you again.
Excellent team and management
After working for several practices before where I didn't feel valued or appreciated I can say that I have finally found a practice where I feel valued, listened too and appreciated. The job is challenging and feel well utilised and able to advance and progress in my career. Management really do care about staff and staff are very supportive and friendly. I enjoy going to work each morning and only a few months ago I thought about leaving the Veterinary profession so glad I finally found the right job for me. Salary is well above average for the area as well.
Pros
Excellent management, friendly staff, excellent salary, career progression
Cons
Sometimes clients otherwise nothing.
A vibrant environment and great place to work
A lot of effort is given to make you feel like a valued member of the group.
Communication is great.

A bonus that dogs are allowed into work with you - all companies should allow this!
Pros
Dogs allowed at work, staff discount thoughtout the group, great office. Free car parking.
Bullying environment
Awful management skills. People are treated unfairly and the managers definitely make it obvious who they're favorite employees are as these are the ones who get the shifts they want and any leave they request. Whole team are bullies. Please do not work here, they will be nice to you at first but will soon change their tune.
15 April 2020
Reply from Simon Jackson, Area Relationship Manager, Vets4Pets

I am very disappointed to hear this was your experience working for a Vets4Pets practice. If you are willing, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns and would be grateful if you could please call 01367 820820, and ask for me directly. Thank you.
A practice you can thrive in
Generally a busy practice, bar the odd day, like many practices. A lot of emergencies seen and dealt with rapidly. I have learnt a lot regarding emergencies and generalised knowledge. Nights was the hardest part of the job, as is with any emergency clinic. The people are lovely, eager to help you learn and very supportive.
12 March 2020
Reply from Danielle Sargeson, Regional People Partner - East, Vets4Pets

Although you do not say which practice you worked for in Basildon, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and got the opportunity to learn a lot with one of our lovely, knowledgeable, supportive teams.
productive and fun working
A very supportive management and a wonderful team. A great working environment with a no blame culture. The working hours were reasonable. The most enjoyable moments was seeing happy clients after a surgery . The most hardest part was when clients lost their loved pets.
27 March 2020
Reply from Hannah Watkins, Regional People Partner - West, Vets4Pets

Thank you so much for letting us know you enjoyed your time with us. That’s great! I see from your review that you’ve left the practice so I’d like to wish you all the very best in your next role. Thanks again.
Love it
I'm currently employed on a temporary contract covering mat leave I love my job all all the staff and management are great at what they do very helpful with any issues on site all willing to help one another
2 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write such positive feedback. We are delighted you are enjoying your time at Vets4Pets. Teamwork is incredibly important within practices, and it’s great to hear that everyone is working well together.

Kirsteen Atkinson, Regional People Partner - North, Vets4Pets
Not great support from vet
I was offered the job as a veterinary care assistant. I did no animal handling work whatsoever. I was mainly placed on a reception desk answering phone calls. Ok not a problem, but when it was consistently everyday it got rather draining. The vet wouldn't speak to any client directly, whichbwas frustrating as it made the process longer to answer customer queries regarding their animals. The vet was often late back from lunch and running late for her appointments so being out on reception I had to be on the receiving end of angry customers and the time they had to wait. I am at a different vets now and they do things alot differently. I have been put off working with this company again.
2 March 2020
I was sorry to read your review describing your experience of working in one of our practices. As you may be aware, all of our practices are locally run and managed, and no two are the same. Many of our colleagues relish the variety of the role, and it is a shame you did not encounter this in this particular practice for which I can only apologise.

Danielle Sargeson, Regional People Partner - East, Vets4Pets
Disorganised
Not very nice all things promised at interview never happened felt very duped, management do not work together and commutation very poor, no work life balance
10 February 2020
Reply from Hannah Watkins, Regional People Partner - West, Vets4Pets

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The issues you highlight raise concerns for us, and we would like to look into this further. Therefore, please can I ask that you ring the People Advisor team on 01367 820820 for us to gain specific information in order to make improvements within the practice. Thanks again.
Not bad - Management team treat people horribly
Absolutely loved the job but unfortunately the management team don’t know how to treat staff fairly when it comes to “certain people”. I think the management team need training themselves on how to manage people properly as every manager in there are not on the same page, means you as a employee just don’t know what is right and what is wrong!
The main manager shouts at staff and has even shouted at an employee in front of another employee.. Degrading much! Just Disgusting. Management is also very unorganised - what kind of manager asks their employees to remind them of 121 meetings?! Staff turn over is appalling, they employed 3 people and fired 3 people and then had 1 other employee leave all in the space of 3 months! On the other hand all the colleagues are lovely & the job it’s self isn’t too hard, it’s nice to see all the pets coming in if your an animal lover! But if you have sense and know how you do not want to be treated I would apply for a different vets4pets.
Pros
Seeing pets and staff discounts
Vets4pets lincoln
I have worked here for 3 years now and enjoyed every moment of it. The bosses are extremely approachable and very down to earth, a pleasure to work for. The work life balance is fantastic and we rarely have to do overtime. It is like a family environment with everyone getting along and helping each other out.
10 February 2020
Reply from Danielle Sargeson, Regional People Partner - East, Vets4Pets.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I’m pleased to hear you are enjoying working at Lincoln with your colleagues, clients and patients. Thank you for all that you do.
Really nice
Everyone there is very welcoming and feel like you know them for ever. The are times when it’s is stressful as you have to rush around with loads of patience and other times it’s calm as there’s no one to see
Reply from Hannah Watkins, Regional People Partner - West, Vets4Pets

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. It is really great to hear you have felt so welcome during your time with us. In terms of the peak times we experience followed by quieter times, that is the nature of how the practices operate as we are reactive to client demand. We will always look to support colleagues during busy times and also set additional tasks during quieter times. If this has not happened in the practice you worked in, we can feedback this back to the practice for the future and the benefit of existing colleagues.
Supportive, friendly, excellent standards
This is a fantastic company with excellent bosses. They treat you with respect, are supportive but are also able to have a laugh with their team. There have been some staff members that have ruined the environment but the rest of us get on like a family. A happy, great working environment. I have worked in several veterinary practices and these are the best bosses I have had.
29 January 2020
Reply from Danielle Sargeson, Regional People Partner - East, Vets4Pets

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. A RVN has a varied, busy and extremely important role in practice, and I am so pleased to hear that you and your colleagues have created, and work in, such a great working environment delivering fantastic pet care. Thank you for all that you do.
Avoid like the plague
I have worked in the veterinary industry for almost 5 years for various practices and not a lot phases me, I had an excellent team here, and worked with some lovely and hardworking people however the management are horrendous and do not value the excellent team or staff they have. I can honestly say that working for Vets4Pets has made me detest a job and an industry I have loved working in for many years, I did not think this was possible. I just wish that I would have listened to the countless people in the industry who told me to avoid any branch of Vets4Pets. The constant naggings, lectures, and general belittling from management will have you doubting yourself and your abilities within no time. No matter what you know, how well you do, it will not be good enough. Training is non-existent, so expect to be expected to guess your job and be made to feel like an awful person when you haven't been taught what has expected of! I frightened management here with my knowledge of the industry, the people I knew and the fact I saw a lot of flaws within the practice (99% of it down to their management) and this intimidated them therefore the dodgy dealings to back me into a corner begun (this included trying to turn other staff members who I had become friendly with against me!) before I had enough, and I have now reached that point. I am number 6 receptionist to walk out of this job within the last 2 years, but they cannot see an issue with this???? There are some seriously dodgy dealings which I cannot go into on a review, but when the JVP and Practice Manager are a married couple, - more...
Pros
Amazing team
Cons
management
Reply from Jackie Osborn, Area Relationship Manager, Vets4Pets

I’m so sorry to hear of your experience, and your feedback is important to us. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you and would be grateful if you could contact me on 01367 820820. Thank you.
Senior Receptionist
good place to work, very fast paced, not a lot of room for growth/progression, very good people to work with. Very poor management at times if no practice manager employed
Supportive and forward thinking team
I've worked for V4P for nearly 6 years. I have many years of experience in Veterinary Nursing and this practice is far more personable and friendly than others I have worked for. Barring the odd toxic team member, which is unfortunate but certainly not the fault of the company, the team as a whole is friendly, fun and supportive. Hard work is required in any Veterinary environment, stressful situations occur frequently, and emergencies will happen which result in overtime and missed breaks. This is the nature of the occupation and anyone who would rather have a set lunch break and leave on time every shift, rather than assist where and when it is needed, is in the wrong profession. Any overtime worked is paid. Employers have been amazing with various medical appointments and time off when needed. Emphasis is on high standards of patient care, never about the finances. This is the first veterinary role where I'm not harassed by KPI's or 'encouraged' to upsell.
Pros
Supportive, friendly, team orientated, great CPD budget, overtime paid.
Reply from Danielle Sargeson, Regional People Partner - East, Vets4Pets

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working at the Vets4Pets Lincoln Practice. It’s great to hear you are enjoying your work with such a supportive team. Thank you for all your hard work.
Please Avoid
Working here will make you never want to work in the vet industry, they don’t care about the animals and only about the money. A bullying culture throughout all branches, working in the Lincoln branch was the worst mistake I’ve made, it made me doubt myself on so many occasion when the management are just poor and don’t have their heads on, the practice staff bully and make you feel inadequate. The oh does not add up to the amount of time you spend away from home or any extra hours that you will definitely have to do. Just avoid
27 January 2020
Reply from Danielle Sargeson, Regional People Partner - East, Vets4Pets

I am very disappointed to hear that this was your experience working for a Vets4Pets practice. If you are willing, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns and would be grateful if you could call me on 01367 820820.
Hastings Vets4Pets is AWFUL
Run by a husband and wife (who are also head vet-husband and manager-wife).

The manager bullied myself and other members of staff for years. She managed to drive out so many people with her nasty ways.

She would tell you that not knowing something was not good enough, if you couldn’t remember something in a conversation from 6 months ago, it’s not good enough. She constantly told people they were liars. I was called rude with a bad attitude because I said I didn’t know something.

I always felt on edge and used to cry before I went in for my shift. There are countless ex member of staff who completely agree with how terrible these people are and have their own stories of bullying and abuse.

Do not work here under any circumstances. They only care about money. Customer service is all false by the manager.

I never want to see them again
Awful stay away from this place
Awful JVP bullying is a culture Vtes4pets seems to tolerate as a whole and brush under the carpet. Anyone can have a franchise with vets4pets so no experience of management HR or basic people skills, high staff turn over, there is a reason why the obs are always advertised, no one stays.
Wouldn't recommend
JVP is a bully and has about as much management experience as a damp sponge. Practice manager is an overzealous bully who would stab you in the back to watch you bleed whilst asking if you're ok. Neither have the experience nor skill to manage or guide a team. The phrase one rule for one one for another has never been so accurate. The practice is doing well because of those who earn the least and are trodden on for their efforts. A work life balance is a none existent thing 40hr week which often goes over, 30 minute unpaid lunch which you have to work through/during more often than not . No other breaks in a 9/10 hour shift.
No leniency or compassion for personal matters. You work for the business it does not work for you. God forbid you have a child or need surgery, no help for you there either. Just, when can you come back full strength or not at all.

A bunch of children with too much power.

Save yourself, stick your head in an oven... it's more painless
7 January 2020
Reply from Kirsteen Atkinson, Regional People Partner – North, Vets4Pets

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on what clearly has not been a positive experience with Vets4Pets. We are taking your comments seriously and would like to gather more specific information from you so that we can ensure we are providing training and support to managers who may require it. If you feel you want to discuss this further, please contact me on 01367 820 820.
Avoid
The worst company to work for! My JVP was an absolute peice of work - greedy, money-orientated vile excuse of a human based in South Wales. As the JVP has invested into the practice all they care about is money unfortunately. I witnessed staff bullying, serious lack of patient care and ignorance towards clients on a daily basis. Best thing I ever did was leave that company. My biggest regret is staying there too long and suffering mentally!
16 December 2019
Reply from Hannah Watkins, Regional People Partner – West, Vets4Pets

Thank you for sending your review. I am sorry to hear of your concerns, and I would like to express that colleague concerns are taken very seriously. Please could I ask that you contact the People Partner team on 01367 820820 as soon as possible to discuss your concerns in more detail so that we can investigate accordingly. Thank you.