Vertu Motors plc Employee Reviews

Very poor company to work for
Prep technician (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham11 June 2019
Bullied by manager contacted hr multiple complaints other managers complaining but because hitting target they looked the other way constructive dismissal work colleagues said stand by u and stab u in back when complaints are made stay clear got good wage they gave me at beginning manager wanted not to pay so high and told me to keep quiet but told all staff anyhow but they wanted more than anyone should have to do stay clear
Pros
Money bonus changed didn’t understand how or why make bonus but you do
Cons
Overtime in ten minutes or else and bad manager above poor hr responses
Should be a good place but....
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire10 June 2019
Worked for them for years,was on a 5 day week then put on 6 day week with some silly half days and 830 till 7 pm!
CEO has a good plan just let down by the people they put in charge.
Petty rules,example you have to ask for a toilet role!what!
Told to hand a car over that had paint scuffs then got told off when customer left bad feedback.
Very racist place,blow up Jesus in showroom ..what!!
Pros
Free pen
Cons
No work life balance
Not actually paid minimum wage
Business Development Staff (Current Employee) –  Gateshead9 June 2019
Currently our basic wage is £7.80 so we’re actually paid less than minimum wage but they try to get round it by saying we get a bonus which ups our total pay. A bonus is not a bonus if you need to rely on that to earn a wage you can live from. For a company as big to not even pay their staff minimum wage is a disgrace. Constantly expecting the world but no motivation or insentive. Frequently told by management about how much money the company is making, yet staff have recently had their bonus halfed. Avoid.
Cons
Pay, staff under appreciated by management, no incentives
good pace to work but fixable issues
Service Driver (Current Employee) –  Scotland8 June 2019
Most staff are great to work with and are the dealership is busy which I like , too many unnecessary/preventable late nights due to poor time management by others
Pros
Nice people
Cons
poor time management by others
good place to work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Sheffield5 June 2019
Typical day at work involved prospecting and persuing buseiness as much as possible.
I learnt many things from Business management to Admin, paperwork, dealing with customers and mostly Selling cars!
Loyalty counts for nothing
New Car Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  110–112 Bristol Street4 May 2019
Avoid working here if you want to be valued having been loyal to them for 11 years. One mistake and they sack you unfairly. No consistency in their approach.
Constructive dismissal case continues
Pros
Cons
Horrid place to worn
Poor management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh29 April 2019
Service managers and above have no man management skills and all they care about is making money as they are paid on bonus. Have no respect or care for customer satisfaction and only care about making money and hitting unrealistic targets. Put pressure on technicians to "find" a set amount of work on every car that comes through the workshop, was around £180 of sell ups per vehicle on almost brand new cars and when not met would get told we are not looking hard enough or are poor technicians. Worst place I've ever worked would not recommend to anyone. Also do not pay overtime due when promised.
Pros
Training
Cons
Too many
Management very poor quality
Mechanic/MOT tester (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh29 April 2019
Service managers and above have no man management skills and all they care about is making money as are paid on bonuses. Have no respect or care for customer satisfaction and only care about making money and hitting unrealistic targets. Put pressure on technicians to "find" a set amount of work on every car that comes through the workshop, was around £180 of sell ups per vehicle on almost brand new cars and when not met would get told we are not looking hard enough or are poor technicians. Worst place I've ever worked would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Training
Cons
Too many
Micro management
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire28 April 2019
The morning meeting nowadays has turned into the morning telling off sessions on a daily basis. The bosses seems to have pleasure in constantly telling all of us how useless we are and encourage you to look for alternate employment.
Company has made losses and has blamed employees where the only real changes over the years is senior management.
The bullying regime in the work place goes totally against it's company's core values AND staff have been told they cannot use the groups whistleblowing facility.
Threats on your job security is somewhat banal within this business.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Bullying mentality from management
No Team Players
Used Vehicles Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire21 March 2019
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the Salesmen.
There was no team support from the other office staff. Team moral low, due to changes in management
Pros
Great Sales Team. Close to home
Cons
Poor support from other office staff
Great place
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gloucester20 March 2019
I was there for a good 6 months and enjoyed loads. Great people and a really great place to work. I learnt a lot here with the 6 months I was there. The modest enjoyable part about work was getting to see my other colleagues. Hardest part was dealing with annoyed customers or unhappy customers. Management was great. Only a little bit of areas of improvement.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
Stroppy people ordering parts
Good Place to work
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Durham12 March 2019
friendly warm atmosphere, great work family, just a shame higher management brought in redundancy as I saw myself being there til retirement age.
management were understanding and approachable
Don't bother
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon12 March 2019
I wouldn't ever work there again. Charge arm and a leg for repairs and get treated like dirt by the new service manager.
Under paid for want they expert from you and always pulling off the second service advice to do his work as he can't do it himself. If you want a job where you slagged off and treated like dirt this place is perfect. If you want support and job satisfaction wrong place to work
Pros
Cons
Everything plus 2 in for Saturdays in your salary
Great Place to work for
Parts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Banbury27 February 2019
I have been with brisrol street motor for 13 years and i can say within these 13 years has been a great place to work for. The company helped me progress with my career to which i am very grateful for.
Sales Executive
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Widnes25 February 2019
Loved my job here...if i didnt have a little boy, i would still be there. Work-life balance doesnt exist. Training is great and consistent. Work life is fun and upbeat. Helping others or as part of a team more would benefit everyone.
Pros
People
Shocking Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire13 February 2019
They talk a good fight, however after a few weeks the honeymoon period has gone.Look out !
The upper head office management team do not give you much of a chance they can be very good at bullying dealership staff ( please that went out in the 80s )
The culture is you will do it this way, every sales event is the same old and when you call the customers they know the offers and the sales pitch better than the sales staff. ( its like being in a religious cult ) with there views forced onto the head of business who has to force downwards there brain washing. When I was told to get rid of someone the only thing HR could do was sit in my office giggling like it was a game.I have been in this business along time I thought really unprofessional and childish.
STAY AWAY you can do so much better.
They have a very nasty habit of telling you to make people redundant just after September and then have a knee jerk reaction to employ again in February. Complete crackers
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Silly company tie ( you must all look the same )
Company hall of shame
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire13 February 2019
I was employed to assist with getting the ratings up
I was promised the earth and got nothing
I saw off a service manager and 2 service advisors. One of which never even got to sit behind the desk.
The head of business was clueless to our plight just more interested in shouting at our failures to the broken system or what a mess the car park was in.
We worked long hours with no lunch break usually, never away on time , little training or support
Avoid avoid avoid its not worth the stress I’d rather have pick up dog doo doo in the park than work for this company again
Pros
Cons
Lots
Official response from Vertu Motors plc
22 October 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We take all feedback seriously here at Vertu and I have raised your concerns with the appropriate management. If you would like to discuss this further please contact a member of our HR Support team based at head office.

Very poor
Vehicle Technician/MOT Tester (Former Employee) –  West bromwich12 February 2019
If you want to work for low pay have no family time this is the place for you , their training is non existent they have 10 techs only 2 ford trained ,you have to upsell £200 on every car to hit targets ,you are on bonas but have to do health check and cit now video for free comes out of tech's time .if you make a mistake you have to pay for repair out of your wages monthly till you clear the cost, you are forced to report work what is not needed to hit targets. No sick pay low wages no prospects mangers haven't got a clue
Pros
Cons
Work all day Saturday for no pay day of in week
Official response from Vertu Motors plc
20 February 2019

Don’t do it
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Landrover Bradford12 February 2019
I’ve worked in the motortrade for over 15 years. I recently moved back to my home town and took the job offered working for the company as a service advisor.

During my first week a service advisor quit, manager got sacked. Employed a new service advisor with no experience. He lasted a few weeks then also quite. We also had a new head of business whose unapproachable. I was doing a 12 hour day sometimes becusse I was having to deliver cars back on a evening.

Worst place I have ever worked!!!! I had to leave in the end only did 3 months!!! Stay away!!
Fun and friendly place
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire26 January 2019
Temporary position but enjoyed working for the company and staff nice hours and colleague was easy to get along with was made to feel welcome by everyone
Pros
Varied worked friendly staff regular hours
Cons
Fact that was only temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertu Motors plc. Our community is ready to answer.