Vertu Motors plc Employee Reviews

Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire10 September 2019
Bristol Street Motors is a productive place to work. I have a passion for the motor trade to which I am a very hard worker. Bristol street motors has gave me opportunities to progress my career.
Not enough work to do
Temporary Contract Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knaresborough, North Yorkshire4 September 2019
This seems like a strange thing to write, but I was employed to cover maternity but found myself with little to do each day and spent a lot of time reviewing what I had already done to make myself busy.
Pros
Great people, very friendly anc and approachable Managers
Cons
Not sure that Managers realise how little there is to do
The worst company I have ever worked for!!!!!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh31 August 2019
The management are bullies and have no regard for employees what so ever. They are liar's and believe they walk on water. Unfortunately Vertu motors have yet to employ competent managers to run this particular dealership.stay clear!!!!
Pros
Cons
Gangsters
Outstanding place of work
Apprentice Lv3 Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester29 August 2019
Working here is a great experience with a good line of staff.
The work areas are all supplied with top equipment so the job can be done well, from the showroom to the workshop.
Productive and fun place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter28 August 2019
Productive and fun place to work, would highly recommend. Great team spirit and leadership from directors. Overall a nice place to work and develop careers.
Awful place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh22 August 2019
Management were awful to staff and customers. Didn't care about the overall experience - all that mattered was that you ripped off customers to make a profit.

It was clear that the GM spent his entire time in the toilet gambling on this phone - his mood afterwords would tell you how it went for him.
Ok
Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire7 August 2019
On a typical day you could be under pressure with work, with no help from other people, i am the only Parts Advisor here, and with 30 jobs if not more in on a good day it get hectic
Awful dishonest place to work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire2 August 2019
Where do I start?
If you don’t mind working in a place which allegedly allows racism, discrimination, dishonesty and bullying, this is the place to work. It reminds me of the Catholic Church scandal when a senior member of staff clearly gets caught doing something wrong, management gather round and protect the manager who is in the wrong. Staff are leaving in droves and many who are still there are seeking alternative employment. Turnover of staff is huge. Good luck to new applicants.
Very functional
Delivery Driver and collection (Former Employee) –  Nicolson way Burton on Trent30 July 2019
Very much run of the mill type of company no frills paid the bills unpaid overtime paid in lieu no pension scheme basic level of pay paid holidays lost ìf not taken promotions were never considered at shop floor level all in all Avery functional company to work for
Pros
None worth mentioning
Cons
Unpaid long hours
Absolutely awful
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire29 July 2019
When you do overtime you won’t get payed it. In fact when you do your normal hours you won’t get payed that properly either. Management is pretty much none existent as is the training. The lads are up against it all the time and defo deserve better. £200 for 20 years service or £2000 for a new starter? Says it all really is rather go on the doll at least I’d know what I’d be getting paid each month rather than these absolute clowns!
Pros
Leaving is the best thing about this place
Cons
Haven’t got enough time in the year to write about it all
Over-worked, Under-paid, Over-stressed, Garbage Values!
Contact Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  VERTU House - Team Valley23 July 2019
The contracted Salary is under National Minimum Wage and boosted by a bonus paid monthly for no reason! MADNESS!
This makes it annoying to get a morguage or loan etc as they only go off your base salary.

You work 42 Hour weeks including Saturdays and Sundays - No work life balance and the management hound you for overtime on a weekly basis.

When cover could not be arranged by a manager they would, and i quote, 'draw a name out of a hat' and that person was expected to work it! Management do not lead by example and it causes constant problems and hassle.

The company lives by a set of values that I find maybe a hand full of people work to, professionalism, respect and integrity are in short supply.

Staff and Management have notably been under the influence or alcohol or drugs whilst I have been employed and a blind eye was turned to this problem choosing to let people get on with it.
Pros
dress drown on a friday, some good workers
Cons
long hours, under paid across the board, bad managers, full weekends and bank holidays whilst working Mon-Fri, poor leadership
Poorly run and uninviting culture
Inbound Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne17 July 2019
Taking calls from customers to book for service, mot's, repairs.
Pros
opportunties for overtime
Cons
long hours, high scrutiny, poor people management, favourtism
Good place to work with advancement
Strip and fitter mechanic (Former Employee) –  Banbury13 July 2019
Good place to work in various departments reasonable wages but lots of opportunities to move up and advance your level of skill they covered body shop and sales servicing they also made sure you were up to date on any new course that you needed to know about
Bad Management
Smart Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire12 July 2019
Avoid. Management do not care and are only interested in looking after themselves. By far the worse place I have ever worked. Was promised everything at the interview and once I started I knew I had made the wrong decision.
Pros
Cons
Hours, no training. Could go on
Fantastic facilities
Panel beater (Former Employee) –  Newburn10 July 2019
Great company to work for excellent facilities and an excellent manager. Good team spirit .that good I my son a job there and he loves it
Pros
Holidays, sick pay and facilities
Cons
Non
OK to work for
Technician (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire30 June 2019
it is a normal day at work and can have a laugh
learned a lot
management hard work
some good people to work with
the hardest part of the job is meeting targets
Decent place to work.
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear20 June 2019
Great company, great business mind as the CEO. The call centre was hit and miss with its managers and supervisors. Some were genuinely nice people who I would consider 'good' people that I would be prepared to work hard for, others were terrible, and I would go as far as saying one was a psychopath.
Pros
Plenty of benefits, schemes, ride to work, shares and investments schemes, easy to achieve financial bonuses.
Cons
Bad environment for mental health and wellbeing.
Good work, good technicians but awful management
I now work as an apprentice technician (Current Employee) –  Stroud17 June 2019
Good work, good technicians but awful management. Poor working conditions and poor management of the garage. I have learnt a lot working with a master tech (diagnoses, engine swaps, clutches etc...)
Senior Management don't follow their own values....
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnell14 June 2019
A great company with a great vision, you're expected to follow the values of the company, which is great. But once you're management you're not treated with the same ethos. A very different side comes out.
Very different once you start!!!!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham12 June 2019
Recently joined the company and was told it was something it blatantly is not.
Hours are long, money is rubbish, feels like a day at school not a day at work.
Everyone seems to be leaving and they are the ones on good money, alarm bells ringing for me, looking already.
Definitely been sold a dream that looks more a nightmare.
Management are sarcastic and power crazy.
They do give you a car though which I can see as the only plus at the moment.
Pros
Car, friendly non management staff
Cons
Hours, pay, atmosphere, morning meeting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertu Motors plc. Our community is ready to answer.