Vertu Motors plc Employee Reviews

good company
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham26 January 2018
one of the best companies within the motor trade to work for.
Great staff. management always willing to help. vertu have a good training ground to help you improve your skill's
Pros
Nice staff good training enjoyable day
Cons
very long hours in aftersales
Fast paced fun work environment
2nd Line Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, United Kingdom13 January 2018
It was a fun environment but also very busy. We had Service Desk requests that came in constantly and we had to react and resolve issues in an efficient, timely and professional manner.
Aspirational place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chingford, Greater London7 December 2017
Bristol Street Motors is a brilliant company to work for. You get out what you put in here and there is superb management in place to support you along your motor trade journey. You do have to work 6 day weeks every other week which includes every single Saturday, however you are told this in the beginning and the pro's far outweigh the cons.
Pros
Company car, great salary, fun environment, progression opportunities.
Cons
Working on Saturdays and some Sundays.
good place to work
sales executive (Current Employee) –  newcastle vauxhall5 November 2017
long hours but good people to work with, far to much prospecting in this place of work. always on your back and so quick to put you down, but as quick to praise anything good.
Nightmare
Technician Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire10 October 2017
Service manager mary.g does not have a clue very sexist no job security never work with Bristol street motors again absolute car crash jobs just handed out randomly expecting to do a 3 hour job in 1hour
Pros
Never
Cons
Overtime never paid correctly
Good Place to Work
New & Used Car Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire26 September 2017
Good place to work, company cares about you. good basic salary and good worklife balance.
Beware of big fish who do nothing and get away with everything.
Un proffession and racist
Service (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex22 September 2017
Poor management. Rude and totally un professional staff. Mood swings from management, job descriptions not what you actually do. Bitchyness behaviour and back stabbing. Racist comments from staff. No team work and no support from senior staff
Pros
Cheap cars
Cons
One of the best in the motor trade
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire28 August 2017
It's a very good company to work, flexible and provides a high level of training for newcomers.

Potential to progress in management is there as well.
Pros
Good training
Not good
Sales (Former Employee) –  UK24 August 2017
Bristol street motors along with ford motor company are an absolute nightmare they have no understanding of peoples wants and the after market is abbismal.
The company moto means nothing when it comes to honesty and trust.
They leave customers with vehicles off the road for months waiting for parts.
The company needs a bloody good shake up and a clean out of the managers who just tell the ceo what he wants to hear and not the reality.
It's a shame for the hard working employees who give it there all and do not get any praise.
I worked there for a long time and saw it slowly going down and ripping off customers with add ons at a ridiculous cost.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire5 August 2017
I currently work here. Looking to progress within my career to management and feel as if I have to change companies to do so. It is a good place to work with good people
alright
bristol street motors (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire10 July 2017
it was a alright place to work but I felt like it wasn't for me there like I didn't enjoy what they was training me and I also didn't like the pay for the hours I was there.
Busy and productive workplace
General Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ilkeston, Derbyshire4 July 2017
Very busy working environment, every day a different challenge, targets and KPI's to achieve, I am second in command to the General Manager and cover in his absence, sales team require a lot of management input, coaching and rewards.
The role requires me to be able to make instant decisions, work on my own initiative and as part of a team.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Long Hours
worked with Great People
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 July 2017
A great team and that's what has kept here so long, being a service advisor is a challenging role however I love it in my years here I have developed a good product knowledge and been on various training courses both with Renault and Bristol Street. I love dealing with people and building rapport with customers. A typical day at work involves seeing customers in and the managing their vehicle throughout the day as it goes through workshop,wash bay and then confirming when done .data entry, invoicing and telephone duties also included.
car sales
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  North Yorkshire28 June 2017
management meeting first this with daily and monthly target review,
happy environment,
long hours,
hardest part of job is prospecting,
enjoyable part of job is provide quality service .
Pros
work with public and good team
Cons
long hours and work 6 days a week
Bullied by service manger
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire18 June 2017
I worked for the company as a service advisor I enjoyed the role however the service manager was nothing but a bully!
The manager was very friendly with the other advisor and I got them.blame for everything
Avoid
Cons
Long hours.
bad company
dirver/ valeter (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester12 June 2017
don't like it if you are off because of a sickness or if you have children and they are sick with nobody else to look after them. You are always on the edge of loosing your job if you have time off
Dreadful
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire8 June 2017
Do NOT work here. They edit your contract, 6 day week, you work 8.30 till 7. Unless you're a top sales person you're doomed and HR issues are ignored and not dealt with.
Na
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire8 June 2017
good company to work for in my opinion. Lack of progress opportunity witin the same branch also insure job in the end as it got taken over by stratstone
Working day
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear30 May 2017
Typical day within the company requires dealing with incoming or outgoing calls customers to arrange servicing, mots or repairs for their vehicle.

While working for the company i have learned how to deal with difficult customers,about the management structure within the organisation.

The most enjoyable part of the job role has to be the constant change of customer requirements on each call.
Pros
Working Hours and Salary
Cons
Repetative
Enjoyable and fun
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire15 May 2017
I am able to have fun in the workplace whist also having a productive and good day.
I get the help and great guidance as an apprentice which is great because I always feel like there is someone who I can ask for help and to always learn new things from as and when needed.
The people who I work with are great as everyone has a caring personality so you never feel out of place or embarrassed to ask for help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertu Motors plc. Our community is ready to answer.