Vertu Motors plc Employee Reviews in Newcastle upon Tyne

Productive workplace.
Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear14 October 2019
I went here for one weeks work experience with my school, this is where i done basic office duties like spreadsheets and helping the other workers around me with what ever they needed.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
I was uneducated in most of the areas.
Dead end job
Service delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne11 October 2019
Boring job with no chance of advancement, little chance of time off from Oct to March as 'it's the busy time'!! Plain to see management come from the shop floor, may know the shop floor work but lacking in management skills. Wont pay overtime, expected to work late and you'll get away early some other time. If you want to get on in life dont bother, deadend job.
Fast paced but fun contact centre with a real family feel about the team.
Outbound Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear11 October 2019
A typical day in the contact centre involves making calls to our existing customers to book them in for a service or Mot. All the customers have either bought the car from us or used us in the past. There is plenty of opportunity to make commission from every booking to you make. The job itself is easy after training. You are shown exactly how to use the system and given a starter script which you eventually adapt to your own.

There is no real pressure from the management above. Their aim is to help you progress and get the best out of you so you do not waste your talent. You will have plenty of opportunity to progress within the business as long as you are committed and enjoy learning. Some people have progressed in as little as 8 months

The contact centre is like one big family. Everyone knows everyone and they often have nights out, basketball nights and a massive Christmas party. Inside of work there is often incentives and games between teams with potential to win prizes.

The most enjoyable part of the role is the satisfaction of helping the customers mixed with fact you get commission for doing so.
Uncomfortable working environment
Central reception (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne25 September 2019
I worked at Vertu motors central reception, management is horrendous. Uncomfortable working environment, friendly colleagues who deserve better.
Scared to talk to your colleagues, having fun at work is forbidden. Everyday is the exact same with a new system that has slowed down the day. All calls are the same with frustrated customers not agreeing with the system. There is a waiting time between calls where you are expected to just sit in silence. Your mental health/ health is over looked and couldn’t care less about you as an individual.
STAY AWAY.
Cons
Poorly run and uninviting culture
Inbound Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne17 July 2019
Taking calls from customers to book for service, mot's, repairs.
Pros
opportunties for overtime
Cons
long hours, high scrutiny, poor people management, favourtism
long hours and great expectation/demand
Service advisor/health and safety coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne30 November 2016
Opening hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 8am until 1pm on a saturday for the service department. Anormal day however will see you there at least 15 minutes before the opening time which is to just try and finish the day before due to the high demand and heavy work load you take on from day to day. Also a Saturday is very hectic and sometime see you there after the official closing time of 1pm to try and finish off the working day due to the volume of work booked in. I have learned quite a lot on how the business works and is structured and also gained experience in man management of fellow work colleagues. The management are support in some ways and so can your colleagues be supportive from time to time. The hardest part of the job is having to try and manage the daily work load on top of carried over jobs of cars/vans still on site due to parts availability or further diagnostic work. Also having to deal with constant update requests off lease companies and he manufacturer make you working day more difficult by hindering you when trying to focus your attention on your daily and carried our retail/lease customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is delivering the customers the service they expect and receiving the thanks off the customers for your help and advice.
Pros
cheap car servicing for friends and family
Cons
long hours, no guaranteed lunch break, low basic wage compared to other local dealers where same job is done
Sales Executive
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG12 July 2015
My Working day includes making sure I have my day to day tasks sorted and in what order I am going o do them, make sure my cars/appointments are organised and I am ready for the day ahead.
Pros
Very good Earnings
Cons
distance i have to travel every day
Busy Workplace
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Newcastle7 May 2014
It's usually busy and productive work. I have learned to prioritise and manage my time better working in such a varied role. I get along with most of the co-workers. The hardest part of the job is knowing when you can't be more help and making sure you leave on time. There's always something to do.
Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newcastle17 December 2013
My work day started from 8.30 till 17.00. I have learned how to communicate efficiently with the customers. I was solving problems that customers had. Management team was helping me all the time a had difficulties with my job. Any question that i had was provided with essential answer that gives me the right direction to do my job well.
My colleges was always available for help as well. We build very strong relationship between us which allowed us to have perfect team work.
I got pretty fast into the job process and my hard moments was in the beginning of my job. One of my best moments was when i was doing my job well to have my good feedback from my colleges and from my managers.