Vertu Motors plc Employee Reviews in Gateshead

Not Great
Booking Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear10 November 2019
Worked as a Booking Coordinator. The Job is very repetitive but easy to learn and do. Work to life balance is way off, every other week you work a Saturday without a day off in the week. Mon and Tues you work till 7pm, Wed and Thurs work till 6pm, Friday finish at 4pm. In the morning you only get a 5 minute break, lunch is the standard 30 minutes and just a 10 minutes in the afternoon this is to squeeze every little drop out of staff. Legally speaking the wage is above minimum wage on the assumption you make a bonus otherwise it would be below. The CEO loves whistleblowers so there is never a shortage of managers waiting to pounce on a mistake to make an example of. If you desperately need a job to keep the wolf from the door then do it but other wise stay where you are, better the devil you know
Great supportive environment
Booking Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear21 October 2019
Great place to work always something new to learn training is brilliant and hands on, outbound manager is brilliant always there to support teach and isnt afraid to help out on phones, good incentives and regular prizes to be won !!
Everything you need to do your job and always someone to help.
Contact Centre Booking Co-Ordinator
Booking Agent (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear13 October 2019
Great place to work and I like my job. I am currently an outbound agent but i have recently been learning how to take inbound calls as well this makes the day mixed. No cold calling as are all existing customers I call and get them booked in for service, MOT even recalls and my basic wage has just gone up “winner” and your bonus is earned by just selling brake fluid changes or engine flushes good for the car and the customer. The managers are hands on and care about you.
Official response from Vertu Motors plc
22 October 2019

Thank you for leaving a review of our business. We love the fact that our contact centre is held in such high esteem by our manufacturers and continues to lead the way for our business to deliver 'FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE' to our customers.

Terrible !
Contact Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear2 October 2019
* False promises.

* Get put on one franchise i.e Vauxhall and then get put on 6-7 other franchises so dealing with more work load.

* Managers / team leaders are VERY lazy.

* Never can get a holiday.
Pros
High turn around as everybody leaves.
Cons
Doing everybody else’s job as well doing your own
Official response from Vertu Motors plc
22 October 2019

I am sorry you feel that you didn't enjoy your time with the business. As a contact centre in the north east we pride ourselves on having low turnover and the opportunity for our colleagues to transfer from our contact centre to our dealership network.

Vertu Motors prides itself on being 'A Great Place to Work' and we continue to see this with each colleague satisfaction survey.

Worst Company I have worked for in my last 20 years of career
Developer (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear27 September 2019
Management very poor. They do not care for their employees. I have never worked for such a ruthless employer. Very easy interviews and they take you in quickly, torture starts after that
Decent place to work.
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear20 June 2019
Great company, great business mind as the CEO. The call centre was hit and miss with its managers and supervisors. Some were genuinely nice people who I would consider 'good' people that I would be prepared to work hard for, others were terrible, and I would go as far as saying one was a psychopath.
Pros
Plenty of benefits, schemes, ride to work, shares and investments schemes, easy to achieve financial bonuses.
Cons
Bad environment for mental health and wellbeing.
Not actually paid minimum wage
Business Development Staff (Current Employee) –  Gateshead9 June 2019
Currently our basic wage is £7.80 so we’re actually paid less than minimum wage but they try to get round it by saying we get a bonus which ups our total pay. A bonus is not a bonus if you need to rely on that to earn a wage you can live from. For a company as big to not even pay their staff minimum wage is a disgrace. Constantly expecting the world but no motivation or insentive. Frequently told by management about how much money the company is making, yet staff have recently had their bonus halfed. Avoid.
Cons
Pay, staff under appreciated by management, no incentives
Has its ups and downs
Marketing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear22 June 2018
a typical day at work revolves around sitting in silence on a computer wondering if your work file will be ready to start or not. Sometimes (fairly often) your new files haven't even been uploaded for you to start on. The management is terrible, on days when they're not in, they don't take kindly to you ringing them requesting help for internal problems that you have no power over and have no idea how to solve it. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with supervisors that think they're the only thing in the world that matters.
Cons
training was terrible, hired for one job and now been through 3 different ones that with little to no training
Fast paced fun work environment
2nd Line Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, United Kingdom13 January 2018
It was a fun environment but also very busy. We had Service Desk requests that came in constantly and we had to react and resolve issues in an efficient, timely and professional manner.
Working day
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear30 May 2017
Typical day within the company requires dealing with incoming or outgoing calls customers to arrange servicing, mots or repairs for their vehicle.

While working for the company i have learned how to deal with difficult customers,about the management structure within the organisation.

The most enjoyable part of the job role has to be the constant change of customer requirements on each call.
Pros
Working Hours and Salary
Cons
Repetative
Booking Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear24 April 2017
Busy role, positive upbeat atmosphere in a friendly buzzing office. Good onsite facilities and free parking are a bonus. Great team, great benefits and overall a great place to work!
Pros
really good benefits
Cons
Can be busy at times
Great to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear20 March 2017
Friendly place to work, busy at times but all people pull together to help.lots of company benefits.A great company to develop your skills and gain support for this.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Overtime
Best place I've worked for a long time
Other Experience (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear9 March 2017
I've only been here a few months but thoroughly enjoy working for Vertu Motors Plc. Having worked in different environments over recent years, this is definitely the best.

The management team are friendly and approachable (as they should be).

The team I work with are really friendly yet professional and provide support and guidance where needed. The hours can be long but the days go quickly as you are always busy.

Staff are encouraged to develop and progress within the business and this is also noted even at CEO level.The company recognise and reward staff for going the extra mile and for living the company values on a regular basis.

Communication is really good but sometimes it can be over-bearing and you're given too much information which doesn't relate to your department.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Uniform when not customer facing & salary/benefits
Office environment with computer based tasks
Data input & Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gateshead17 June 2016
Company was organised well but work days could often be repetitive and long. Eye strain could be a problem. Co-workers were friendly though.
absolutely love working here. Best job ever, & I have had many. Hours great, bonus great, great team & manager.
Prospector (Current Employee) –  Vertu house Gateshead7 May 2016
Great company to work for, management is the bast, their working culture is spot on, loads of recognition for a good job & meeting your targets, hours brill, in fact I cannot say a bad word about my job. From day 1 I felt like I was part of the Veryu family. Love it!
Pros
So many avenues/roles to regress into
Cons
Trying to book hols, low basic
Busy Central Virtual Recptionist
Central Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Team Valley, Gateshead17 February 2016
Very busy central receptionist, being first point of contact for customers at Vertu motors, a typical day consist of taking over 350 - 400 calls a day and transferring clients to the correct department. the hardest part of the job is staying motivated and focused, the most enjoyable part of the role is the interaction with the customers.
Productive, challenging and fun place to work
Internet Sales Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gateshead23 January 2014
Working for Vertu Motors PLC has been excellent and I have learned a lot during my time there.
Pros
Flexible - working from home at weekends
Cons
Long periods of work before days off