Vertu Motors plc

Vertu Motors plc Employee Reviews

United Kingdom257 reviews
Featured review
Vertu Motors plc selected this as a representative review
I can honestly say that you are well looked after and also that you are paid well for all your hard work.A very supportive company that follows through on it,s promises.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
I love working here, I like my colleagues, I like the management HOWEVER! During the pandemic a large number of staff have been forced to work on other departments, no ifs no buts making it very uncomfortable doing something you aren’t actually paid for! Expected to meet targets, upsell in a call centre environment when this is not your normal job role. I understand everyone has to do their bit to help out but now I feel like they are taking liberties on staff and certainly getting the moneys worth!
Pros
Great life long friend colleagues, good pay, usually a good work life balance
Cons
Long hours, only bothered about targets and breaking a “booking record”
This would be an ideal place to start your apprenticeship If you already experienced back ground it may be harder to climb the ladder, this place reply on bonus pay which I think is not very good, people higher up can alter your hours or jobs which affect it that my personal experienced and also you can cheat the system by clocking on one job and then doing another job seen it for 1st hand.
Pros
You get an app with discount
Cons
Pay is poor
horrible place to work. They take on way to much work for each day and expect the staff to come in early, work through lunch breaks or stay after hours to get the work done without extra pay such as time and a half etc. You only get your normal hourly rate no matter how many hours you work.
Management off site is a complete joke and very greedy. I would recommend staying well away from this place.
Pros
people on site all seem friendly.
Cons
management very bad, Forced to work extra hours on top of contracted hours, Most of the equipment is broken or in need of maintenance, They wont invest in these repairs or buy any new equipment.
During my years of service I have witnessed a steady decline of the companies values, culture and regard for staff.

Communication is very poor to no existent and as a result you are constantly on the back foot being reactive rather than proactive. Wages are stagnated, no pay increase for the years I served and no option to make any bonus.

The nepotism within the company is gross and the highest earners reap all the financial benefits, whilst the bottom end of the pay scale mop up behind them.

Its a shame the company had potential when I joined but as been consumed at the cost of the staff for profit in recent years.
Pros
Finishing time.
Cons
Poor pay and gross inequity.
They came in like the geordie gestapo and within week started depleting a loyal workforce.
Basically destroyed a family business that had great customer loyalty

All the good staff left and left the useless ones behind who,had to basically follow the new rules like lemmings into the night .

Dreadful senior management that just walked over the staff from day one

Beware these are ruthless And don’t care about staff or customers so don’t believe the rhetoric

Senior management need to take courses in staff and customer care as the goals are profit at any cost.
Pros
Cons
Short notice period
Used to be a nice place to work until it changed. A bad manager can spoil a place instantly! Huge turn over of staff. Problems/bullying not dealt with leading to suffering. No duty of care for your welfare. Dial out every 2mins its not acceptable to be sitting for more than 2 mins. If your face fits you might be ok here... If you value your mental health stay away and be happy.
Pros
wage isnt too bad
Cons
uncaring managers
I find Vertu Motors to be very unusual in the way they operate, they invest in the best technology so that everything can be digital, but then want everything that’s in the online system wrote by hand onto paper.

They use a lot of great systems but unfortunately they are all separate and don’t interact that well, it’s makes the job overly complicated.

Finally, the takeover process was slack and unorganised with various conflicting information, the people sent in to do this spent most their time on phones asking people in Newcastle how to resolve issues.
Fun but stressful great directors and a great place to work I really enjoy working for this company and especially the Nissan division headed by a good director Steve Gould
Pros
Good wage
Cons
If you look at the sales staff, many look totally beaten. There is very much a bullying type atmosphere within the business along with a business which appears to embrace racism.
No to little support from management.

GDPR appears not to be taken seriously where PIP’s are sent out to private email addresses and when informed, they do nothing about it.

It’s very
Pros
Can’t think of anything.
Cons
Too much to list
Nice atmosphere and nice people around the company enjoyed my time at the company would recommend to others that are interested in a very similar role
Having worked for several dealer groups - vertu are by far the best, yes the hours are long, but that’s the car trade for you. If you work hard you are rewarded with a competitive salary and commission structure. Plenty of opportunity for progression, along with industry leading training. Highly recommend as an employer and a place to work.
Pros
Core values, pay package, opportunity, training, company structure
Cons
Hours
I was released recent during the recent pandemic however prior to this I feel that the senior management and I did not click and as a result I feel that I was destined not to conti with this role. I did not agree with some of the methods that were forced on my department and because I didn't agree I was undermined as senior went direct to my staff
Pros
Training
Cons
Senior management
Like the company not the men in charge our way or no way philoposy needs to be addressed as it drives away staf on the sales floor not a nice culture to be working in
Pros
Job
Cons
Be quick to learn , partipate ,involve and be honest and positive , show your strengths and work on your weakness
Management encourges and listens to staff
Pros
Teamwork, Training and development
Cons
Hours
Vertu dont really care about staff hours are very long and breaks are terrible canteen food is poor hygiene of building toilets kitchen are appuling they smell so bad managers dont really card if staff are ill its taken as early terrmanation of contract
Cons
Every part of vertu is a con just a number
All they want from you is results without providing the necessary tools and a work environment. You slowly start getting shocks on Day 1 of your joining itself and gradually it increases.
Pros
Nice and Short Interviews. They will not even ask you for your P45 or any references
Cons
They will fire you at the click of a button. This is a way of life for them
I absolutely loved working here but due to family life I had to leave, colleagues were outstanding and ready to help at a moments notice, I would definitely consider working for them again.
Great company to work for with plenty of opportunities to develop your career further. The company structure is very good and you always know your part you play in the success of the business.
Pros
Good salary, company car & opportunities to progress.
Cons
Long hours and travel are sometimes require.
This is the 4th dealership I’ve worked at and by fair the best. There’s a lot of support from management when needed and there’s a good amount of work which keeps you busy but not stressed. Really lovely environment to work in and I can’t fault the people who I work with.
I worked at Bristol street motors with a form of cancer I struggled with the full time hours and I asked for a reduced contract which they said no and made me leave.
Pros
Good training