Vertu Motors plc Employee Reviews

Contact Centre Booking Co-Ordinator
Booking Agent (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear13 October 2019
Great place to work and I like my job. I am currently an outbound agent but i have recently been learning how to take inbound calls as well this makes the day mixed. No cold calling as are all existing customers I call and get them booked in for service, MOT even recalls and my basic wage has just gone up “winner” and your bonus is earned by just selling brake fluid changes or engine flushes good for the car and the customer. The managers are hands on and care about you.
Fast paced but fun contact centre with a real family feel about the team.
Outbound Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear11 October 2019
A typical day in the contact centre involves making calls to our existing customers to book them in for a service or Mot. All the customers have either bought the car from us or used us in the past. There is plenty of opportunity to make commission from every booking to you make. The job itself is easy after training. You are shown exactly how to use the system and given a starter script which you eventually adapt to your own.

There is no real pressure from the management above. Their aim is to help you progress and get the best out of you so you do not waste your talent. You will have plenty of opportunity to progress within the business as long as you are committed and enjoy learning. Some people have progressed in as little as 8 months

The contact centre is like one big family. Everyone knows everyone and they often have nights out, basketball nights and a massive Christmas party. Inside of work there is often incentives and games between teams with potential to win prizes.

The most enjoyable part of the role is the satisfaction of helping the customers mixed with fact you get commission for doing so.
Terrible !
Contact Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear2 October 2019
* False promises.

* Get put on one franchise i.e Vauxhall and then get put on 6-7 other franchises so dealing with more work load.

* Managers / team leaders are VERY lazy.

* Never can get a holiday.
Pros
High turn around as everybody leaves.
Cons
Doing everybody else’s job as well doing your own
Worst Company I have worked for in my last 20 years of career
Developer (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear27 September 2019
Management very poor. They do not care for their employees. I have never worked for such a ruthless employer. Very easy interviews and they take you in quickly, torture starts after that
Uncomfortable working environment
Central reception (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne25 September 2019
I worked at Vertu motors central reception, management is horrendous. Uncomfortable working environment, friendly colleagues who deserve better.
Scared to talk to your colleagues, having fun at work is forbidden. Everyday is the exact same with a new system that has slowed down the day. All calls are the same with frustrated customers not agreeing with the system. There is a waiting time between calls where you are expected to just sit in silence. Your mental health/ health is over looked and couldn’t care less about you as an individual.
STAY AWAY.
Not enough work to do
Temporary Contract Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knaresborough, North Yorkshire4 September 2019
This seems like a strange thing to write, but I was employed to cover maternity but found myself with little to do each day and spent a lot of time reviewing what I had already done to make myself busy.
Pros
Great people, very friendly anc and approachable Managers
Cons
Not sure that Managers realise how little there is to do
Over-worked, Under-paid, Over-stressed, Garbage Values!
Contact Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  VERTU House - Team Valley23 July 2019
The contracted Salary is under National Minimum Wage and boosted by a bonus paid monthly for no reason! MADNESS!
This makes it annoying to get a morguage or loan etc as they only go off your base salary.

You work 42 Hour weeks including Saturdays and Sundays - No work life balance and the management hound you for overtime on a weekly basis.

When cover could not be arranged by a manager they would, and i quote, 'draw a name out of a hat' and that person was expected to work it! Management do not lead by example and it causes constant problems and hassle.

The company lives by a set of values that I find maybe a hand full of people work to, professionalism, respect and integrity are in short supply.

Staff and Management have notably been under the influence or alcohol or drugs whilst I have been employed and a blind eye was turned to this problem choosing to let people get on with it.
Pros
dress drown on a friday, some good workers
Cons
long hours, under paid across the board, bad managers, full weekends and bank holidays whilst working Mon-Fri, poor leadership
Poorly run and uninviting culture
Inbound Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne17 July 2019
Taking calls from customers to book for service, mot's, repairs.
Pros
opportunties for overtime
Cons
long hours, high scrutiny, poor people management, favourtism
Bad Management
Smart Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire12 July 2019
Avoid. Management do not care and are only interested in looking after themselves. By far the worse place I have ever worked. Was promised everything at the interview and once I started I knew I had made the wrong decision.
Pros
Cons
Hours, no training. Could go on
Decent place to work.
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear20 June 2019
Great company, great business mind as the CEO. The call centre was hit and miss with its managers and supervisors. Some were genuinely nice people who I would consider 'good' people that I would be prepared to work hard for, others were terrible, and I would go as far as saying one was a psychopath.
Pros
Plenty of benefits, schemes, ride to work, shares and investments schemes, easy to achieve financial bonuses.
Cons
Bad environment for mental health and wellbeing.
Very poor company to work for
Prep technician (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham11 June 2019
Bullied by manager contacted hr multiple complaints other managers complaining but because hitting target they looked the other way constructive dismissal work colleagues said stand by u and stab u in back when complaints are made stay clear got good wage they gave me at beginning manager wanted not to pay so high and told me to keep quiet but told all staff anyhow but they wanted more than anyone should have to do stay clear
Pros
Money bonus changed didn’t understand how or why make bonus but you do
Cons
Overtime in ten minutes or else and bad manager above poor hr responses
Not actually paid minimum wage
Business Development Staff (Current Employee) –  Gateshead9 June 2019
Currently our basic wage is £7.80 so we’re actually paid less than minimum wage but they try to get round it by saying we get a bonus which ups our total pay. A bonus is not a bonus if you need to rely on that to earn a wage you can live from. For a company as big to not even pay their staff minimum wage is a disgrace. Constantly expecting the world but no motivation or insentive. Frequently told by management about how much money the company is making, yet staff have recently had their bonus halfed. Avoid.
Cons
Pay, staff under appreciated by management, no incentives
Company hall of shame
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire13 February 2019
I was employed to assist with getting the ratings up
I was promised the earth and got nothing
I saw off a service manager and 2 service advisors. One of which never even got to sit behind the desk.
The head of business was clueless to our plight just more interested in shouting at our failures to the broken system or what a mess the car park was in.
We worked long hours with no lunch break usually, never away on time , little training or support
Avoid avoid avoid its not worth the stress I’d rather have pick up dog doo doo in the park than work for this company again
Pros
Cons
Lots
Very poor
Vehicle Technician/MOT Tester (Former Employee) –  West bromwich12 February 2019
If you want to work for low pay have no family time this is the place for you , their training is non existent they have 10 techs only 2 ford trained ,you have to upsell £200 on every car to hit targets ,you are on bonas but have to do health check and cit now video for free comes out of tech's time .if you make a mistake you have to pay for repair out of your wages monthly till you clear the cost, you are forced to report work what is not needed to hit targets. No sick pay low wages no prospects mangers haven't got a clue
Pros
Cons
Work all day Saturday for no pay day of in week
Official response from Vertu Motors plc
20 February 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We take all feedback seriously here at Vertu and I have raised your concerns with the appropriate management. If you would like to discuss this further please contact a member of our HR Support team based at head office.

Don’t do it
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Landrover Bradford12 February 2019
I’ve worked in the motortrade for over 15 years. I recently moved back to my home town and took the job offered working for the company as a service advisor.

During my first week a service advisor quit, manager got sacked. Employed a new service advisor with no experience. He lasted a few weeks then also quite. We also had a new head of business whose unapproachable. I was doing a 12 hour day sometimes becusse I was having to deliver cars back on a evening.

Worst place I have ever worked!!!! I had to leave in the end only did 3 months!!! Stay away!!
Work horse
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon23 January 2019
It was the best paid job I ever had, but the most demanding. You had to do A LOT, more than expected every single day.

Typical day as a Service Advisor would be-

Greet and check in the customers waiting at the desk (usually queueing before you get in).

Go through everything with the customer on each job, do a lot of paper work and attach all to each job. Sort them out with a loan car if needed (customers were extremely demanding with loan cars and kicked off if there wasn't one even though they booked.)

Write up their job on the board.

Sort out relative parts, take to parts to sign off etc...

Keep an eye on each job throughout the day and call the customer to let them know what's happening (bearing in mind you have about 30 or more customers each). - this used to be really hard to keep up with as so many had very different problems.

Sort through the next day's jobs, adding parts needed etc...

Meanwhile, customers come to the desk throughout the day and incoming calls which take up valuable time.

You always have to check the cars are cleaned because the cleaners never clean them properly EVER! so not only do I have to do my job I have to make sure they're doing their job properly too. Half the time they were never clean so that took up MORE of my time.

About 4/5pm it gets absolutely hectic as it's the end of the day and EVERY customer comes back about this time for their car.

Queueing customers again. They are either fine or annoyed that the problem hasn't been resolved while it's been in, as the parts aren't available. Which was understandable
  more... at times but you were unable to change anything.

You are expected to take every customer to their car afterwards while more customers queue and they're getting angrier by the minute.

There is so much to this job and not a lot of recognition for it. May be down to the dealership for that but personally, as much as I loved the money... It wasn't worth it to me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Over worked
Avoid!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East21 January 2019
Worst place I have ever been employed. Management a complete and utter joke. Terrible atmosphere and no motivation from Management. No achievable bonus system.
Purely money driven
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham28 October 2018
Anyone who is experienced in the trade locally will avoid this company. Total commitment expect but with little support. The younger ones bullied.
Management from the top lacks direction. Employees are no more than a payroll number.
There is expectations from this company like respect, praise, recognition, etc but none are practiced.
Pros
Very little
Cons
Very poor management.
Hard Working environment, Approachable and humerous Technicians.
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  Hereford16 October 2018
The Workshop was full of brilliant personalities, all of whom were very friendly but professional. The amount of knowledge most had was astounding. The whole business generally worked well, with all departments getting along to some extent.
Pros
Vertu Benefits (discounts)
Cons
Terrible Bonus Scheme
Great place not good hours and pay
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire12 October 2018
Great team off salesmen awesome management just wish your contract was honored. Says u work 5days a week don’t believe it always there little pay.....
Pros
Cons
Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertu Motors plc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8