Vertu Motors plc Employee Reviews

good place to work
sales executive (Current Employee) –  newcastle vauxhall5 November 2017
long hours but good people to work with, far to much prospecting in this place of work. always on your back and so quick to put you down, but as quick to praise anything good.
Un proffession and racist
Service (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex22 September 2017
Poor management. Rude and totally un professional staff. Mood swings from management, job descriptions not what you actually do. Bitchyness behaviour and back stabbing. Racist comments from staff. No team work and no support from senior staff
Pros
Cheap cars
Cons
One of the best in the motor trade
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire28 August 2017
It's a very good company to work, flexible and provides a high level of training for newcomers.

Potential to progress in management is there as well.
Pros
Good training
Horrendous Place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  JLR Leeds7 May 2017
Made to work well past closing time, horrific management style, use a stick... no carrotts. Treat you like idiots..... Enforced to hand over defective cars below manufacturer standards. Please don't even consider working here.
Pros
None.
Good company
IT Helpdesk apprentice (Former Employee) –  Birmingham26 April 2017
I worked in the IT helpdesk, there's far too many things to list but a typical day would be dealing with tickets and troubleshooting issues, I learned a huge amount while I worked there to do with computer systems and problem solving while being supported by great managers and a friendly team, the workplace culture was great, it was relaxed enough to not stress you out but not so much that you're inclined to idle, the hardest part was figuring out how to use new systems and the most enjoyable part was how much I learned while I was there.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, variety of work
Over worked, micro chipped zombies
Service Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Northwest23 March 2017
The workplace is cosmetically a nice environment with decen t facilities, however the workload due to understaffing and the extreme expectations for employees to take up the slack of the lack of staff, means very long working hours. No time to take holidays, resulting in you loosing them at the end of the year.
You are required to do everything perfectly, no exceptions even though you are doing 2 or 3 roles. No praise, just criticism.
No career progression for women, 99% of management are men
Who make impractical decisions without thinking them through, then when they don't work out the staff are left to unravel the mess.
Basically it is a plc who are only interested increasing profit year on year, whilst reducing costs, at the expense of the employees.
Shareholders are the only thought in their heads.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Very long hours, no recognition.
Great to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear20 March 2017
Friendly place to work, busy at times but all people pull together to help.lots of company benefits.A great company to develop your skills and gain support for this.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Overtime
Best place I've worked for a long time
Other Experience (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear9 March 2017
I've only been here a few months but thoroughly enjoy working for Vertu Motors Plc. Having worked in different environments over recent years, this is definitely the best.

The management team are friendly and approachable (as they should be).

The team I work with are really friendly yet professional and provide support and guidance where needed. The hours can be long but the days go quickly as you are always busy.

Staff are encouraged to develop and progress within the business and this is also noted even at CEO level.The company recognise and reward staff for going the extra mile and for living the company values on a regular basis.

Communication is really good but sometimes it can be over-bearing and you're given too much information which doesn't relate to your department.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Uniform when not customer facing & salary/benefits
Ran well
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire7 March 2017
Really enjoyed my time at vertu motors, was worked hard but that's how I like my working day to go. Pay really well, good work life balance. Also good progression in the company
Good Place for Development
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Head Office7 March 2017
The company believes in training and development. If you want a career and not just a job - this is the perfect company.

Head Office is a great environment - with dress down days on fridays and frequent activites for charities etc. You do get asked to work hard but why wouldn't you.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Uniform
Horrendous
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire30 January 2017
Bullied beyond belief by manager of Leeds branch. Spent millions on a refurb and nothing on decency.sacked because the manager doesn't like people with a mind of their own.glad to be out of that place as I have never seen behaviour like it in all my life!
Pros
Got sacked quickly
Cons
Staying to long
Worst place I've ever worked!!!
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex11 January 2017
Worked for Vertu for 5 years, worst 5 years of my working life!!! Awful management, unsupportive bosses and nasty and b!*<%y working environment. I had a boss with a vile temper and acted totally unprofessionally!!! If you think it's just odd sites which are poorly managed it's not. I've worked for 3 all awful and the same dreadful attitude from managers. Salesman are no where to be seen and are constantly on their mobiles!!! Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!!! Didn't make any attempt to keep me when I left. Rubbish payers no such thing as a pay rise despite massive profits and no real incentives either!!
Pros
Some nice staff who they have totally abused for years
Cons
Far too many to list
Fun enviroment
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire4 January 2017
Vertu is a great company to work for, the people are great and the opportunities you get are really good as well. there is plenty of help and support available within group and different sites.
Horrendous place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Scotland20 December 2016
I worked in an admin role here for under a year and it was the worst time of my life!
Huge work loads and not enough staff! I was bullied by management and made to feel incompetent. The manager I had had little to no understanding of family life outside work and would remind you that work was more important (after being told not to talk about family at work)management had unrealistic expectations of what was physically possible for one person to do and called me a liar on more than one occasion. I was constantly denied holidays and was eventually told when was suitable for me to take holidays.

If you sign a contract to work for vertu motors you are practically signing your life away!! You will be over worked and underpaid.
Pros
Cons
Not allowed to talk, negative managers, constant procedural changes, every department for themselves
Stay away
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester9 December 2016
Most unprofessional managers who are only out for what they can get out of both staff and customers. Will cut jobs by making dual roles and making people go head to head knowing one will be made redundant. This applys to long term members of staff as well as new. Very underhand in everything they do in the Farnell Dealerships.
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Smoke and mirrors
Poor management, a few good pointa
IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hereford21 November 2016
Overall poor and bullying management style, constant changing role with extensive unpaid overtime and no reginition of work done.

Only pros were decent pay and company car
Pros
Company car
Cons
Everything else
Avoid
Aftersales (Former Employee) –  Scotland14 November 2016
Worked for this mob in one of their first Scottish dealerships. Promised the earth and delivered nothing but redundancies and grief. Tore the heart out of a great team and a great place to work. No management direction . It was jobs for the mates. Truely terrible company
Pros
Redundancy notice
Cons
Not getting it
Joke of a company with joke employees
My business (Current Employee) –  Unfortunate8 October 2016
I have nothing but the choiciest of swear words to describe the management and employees of Vertu, the negative bullying culture that exists within this shocking organisation and their method of working. A one star rating is one star too high for this company - if you are looking to apply here I would seriously reconsider!

The structure is very management heavy meaning lots of pointless senior management positions - GM's, Business Managers, all types of Sales managers you name it. They're quick to remind you that you are below them also and are constantly on your back about petty things from coming in 3 minutes late to work to how something is set up on an Excel sheet. Management will also lie directly to you while even having the audacity to keep a straight face.

What you may also find is company spending money on pointless things in order to portray itself as a wonderful environment and place to work but any sort of pay rise for employees is laughed off. They have a method of quick expansion via investment by buying dealerships round the country but they fail to take into account every brand is different with a different culture. Trying to standardise working practices throughout these brands is ridiculous and has led to many difficulties in operating the business which hopefully they soon fall upon. Employees are similar to chicken in a battery farm to management at the company - simply there for results so that they can look good for the board of directors, CEO and auditors.

Expect a culture shock if you like to get on with your work as you will be constantly harrased
  more... and harrangued as to how far you've gotten and the method by which you are working. Also expect a very rude, loud, brash and aggressive management style and this is consistent throughout all departments be it Sales, Aftersales, Parts, Admin or even Accounts.

Cannot stress how strongly I feel anger about this company who did all they could to try and ruin a normal employees life and basically turned it upside down after they took over our dealership. Avoid at all costs!!
Pros
Zilch. Zero. Nothing. Need more synonyms for these words.
Cons
Long hours, rude management
Not the place to work at all!!!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 July 2016
Hours worked are out of contract and because everyone else does them complaining gets you nowhere and every department hates each other. Consistent conflict. Constant battle.
If you want a really stressful job where you work loads of hours and want to be reminded your always working underneath someone...daily, look no further. And if you are good at sales you will never progress unless the face fits.
Pros
A car
Cons
Everything else.
Horrendous workplace
Customer facing (Former Employee) –  Bolton lancs26 June 2016
I worked for this company for approx 17 month they are the worse company I have ever worked for. The general manager didn't even no my name. They are only interested in ripping people off not customer satisfaction. Avoid working here !!!!!!!
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertu Motors plc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6