Version 1 Employee Reviews

You dont have a life
Consultant Analyst (Former Employee) –  UK6 December 2018
No depth to the company. People are just to busy to even provide the smallest bit of advice.

No one has time to make any meaningful change to the process or procedures and things just stay the same, the normal is headless chicken time, therefor nothing meaningful ever changes.

Don't expect to do things that make you progress if you aren't in Dublin and never expect your views to mean anything as the long termers don't want to listen as they have been there longer than you.

Normal day is NOT 9 to 5 more like 4am to 12:00 midnight and weekends.

Dedicated people but they are too busy to notice they are getting taken advantage off
Pros
Decidated people
Cons
EXPECTED hours you have to work. Travel ALL THE TIME.
Excellent working environment
UK Marketing Lead (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh23 December 2015
Version 1 is a thoroughly enjoyable place to work with lots of opportunities to learn new things on a daily basis due to the wealth of knowledge and expertise across the group.
The staff are all very helpful and approachable and share a real passion to make Version 1 a market leader within the IT industry. People are always willing to listen to your ideas/suggestions and encourage an environment where new thoughts are brought to the table.
Personally, the most enjoyable aspect is being part of such a fast paced and forward thinking organisations where hard work, innovativeness and creativity is rewarded and strongly encouraged.
Pros
Career Progression Opportunities
Fast Growing Values Based IT Services Firm
Graduate (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh27 November 2015
I've been in Version 1 a little over a year and really enjoying it. The people are fantastic and very helpful. There is a big emphasis on career development and you are actively encouraged to have a career plan in place with your manager.

The core values are very important in Version 1 and you will hear about them all the time from graduates all the way up to senior management.

Version 1 is ambitious and makes no apology for it. There is a huge amount of potential for growth in the UK market. I've found the time has simply flown by, there's a great energy in the place and things move extremely fast in this company. I find myself facing new and exciting challenges every quarter.

Highly recommend Version 1 in the UK and Ireland.
Fast growing and impressive company to work for
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh24 November 2015
Version 1's success story as outlined on most of their job descriptions, is an impressive one which doesn't show any sign of waning. Whilst I've worked here I've heard plenty about our next acquisition, which will mean we grow even larger in the UK market. Although we are still quite a young company in the UK market vs the Irish market, we are here to stay and mean business.
My role has given me a great overview of the growth plans for the company over the next few years and some of the areas we are moving into and expanding further in to are extremely exciting.
The office culture is quite relaxed and means that the dress code isn't too strict nor are the hours, people have good flexibility to come and go and leave early if they need to, there is trust placed in you as an employee to get your work done.
The quarterly rhythm we enjoy here is quite nice as you aren't working towards lofty, unrealistic objectives all year but set realistic, definitive goals for the quarter in question and if you perform well, enjoy a quarterly bonus as a result of your hard work.
It's outlined quite clearly how you progress from level to level and in the UK especially there is huge scope to take on more responsibility and grow if that's what you are looking for, as we are still in a growth phase.
Pros
Quarterly profit share, relaxed culture
Cons
Still working on defining a UK culture