Verizon Employee Reviews

Great Platform and Smart people to work with
Project Manager Lead (Lifecycle) (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire25 June 2018
Verizon is a great place to work for. I have been working with Verizon for the 12 years and since the first day have met so many Smart people who is keen to make the change.

The mentorship and experience avaialable is second to none.
A great place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 June 2018
Enjoyed my 18 month spell as a Contractor with Verizon. Interesting projects with a challenging customer that really made me be on my toes for all major decisions and final outcomes to satisfy and delight the client.
Would definitely like to return for a fresh challenge in the future.
Pros
Culture and ways of working created a positive environment of trust.
Cons
Some dogmatic long serving personal.
It is a great company to work for
Commercial Cloud Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2018
I did love working for Verizon over the 4 years I was there, They where able to take technology and implement it on a global scale. I was involved in some really exciting roles.
Hard work
International Employment Counsel (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire5 January 2018
Long hours, minimal management, good culture, reasonably good salary, chance to move around. Top heavy with management. Good canteen. Big company. Entities globally.
Pros
Free fruit once a month
awesome place to work
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire3 November 2017
Verizon is a great place to work. There is reasonable representation of all the countries in the world and the working culture is simply fantastic.
There is adequate life work balance and consideration is given to family matters
Pros
gym and great food
Cons
bureaucracy can be a problem
Varied and challenging work environment
Global Equipment Implementation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire17 October 2017
Being part of a global organisation can be very challenging, having to take into account the different cultures we have to work with within the same team.

The workplace is very fast paced, I have learned to be very detail focussed and to bring in the most complex projects on time and to budget
Pros
Great atmosphere, healthcare and benefits
Cons
Sometimes very short deadlines require working long hours into the night
awesome place to work
Principle Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire2 October 2017
happily worked in voice network engineering for Vz for 17 years.
many achievement that I've very proud of.
great company, great people
the only downside is the regularity of re-orgs that result in lay offs [which got me in the end]
I would happily go work for Vz again
Verizon is a great place to work
SIEM Senior Cyber Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reading30 August 2017
I have been lucky to work with a great team of very skilled people.
Divers project are available and the company culture is very great too.
Flexibility is available and micro management is non existent.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
project time management
Not an A-Typical NOC
Lead Network Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire20 June 2017
• Part of shift team to provide high quality technical support to Verizon Business’ customer base by performing fault identification, diagnosis and correction on customer reported faults and technical requests.
• Also performs escalations as and when required.
• Provide mentoring to engineers and act as an escalation point.
• Partake in value added functionality.

Technical ability: Learned.
Demonstrates a good knowledge in major platforms IP, Data, Transmission and is able to act as an SME on that subject. Includes, technically adept in all of the following, Daccs 1/0 4/3/1, Frame, ATM, TCPIP networks, DNS, DMS/AXE, PDH/SDH transmission, Ciena DWDM, Nortel OME6500, Alcatel, DNX88 Ethernet over PDH and Marconi. 1630 DACS. Dealer board. Faults and Managed Ethernet.

Verizon network has many systems, transmission and MPLS/IP network devices that you had to learn in a very short space of time the devices were used for troubleshooting faults, this is good for learning a broad range of vendors however you could not specialise on any vendor/device.

Work Place Culture> Very Demanding!
Pros
Hours
Cons
Shift Pattern too long AND ALWAYS CHANGING
wasnt very fun to work at
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  all over23 April 2017
job advancement was bad. turn over rate is horrible. many unattainable job requirements in sales in the very slow stores that should have been closed..
average
Senior Call Centre Management Team (Former Employee) –  Field Based3 April 2017
very ambitious company with brand reputation. Strong leadership at every level and lots of support on offer. Many chances to progress within the business.
Very good middle/senior management culture
Lead Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London15 March 2017
Excellent supportive management when dealing with challenging customer. Good communications hierachy between project delivery, sales, technical design & service management domains.
Pros
Flexibility on work location
Cons
productive and fun work place
Sales/Renewals Specialist / ITS Cloud / Security (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire20 February 2017
Great place to work and undertook course challenging role great team.
would recommend working here as working from home entitlement
Excelente pago
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Reino Unido13 February 2017
Excelente pago, muchas oportunidades de crecimiento dentro de la compañía
Pros
Seguro medico privado
Cons
Distancia
Great company
SOLUTION SALES (Current Employee) –  south east area9 February 2017
Great company. Hours are not good. Benefits are amazing. If you like people asking you all day how to reset their facebook password. This is the job for you.
This was only a work shadowing course
Work Shadowing (Former Employee) –  London30 December 2016
A typical day would be visiting sites in and around London and observing the engineering that was taking place. I would then sometimes return to the office and would generally help with errands and office work.
extremely stressful
Customer Pro (Former Employee) –  all over8 December 2016
used to be a great company to work for.

But being strong armed into harassing older people to keep their lines of service made me lose sleep at night.

Being harassed by direct supervisor in front of other supervisors who did not do anything about it made me leave.
Pros
pay
Cons
Retention calls
One of the best places I have worked over the last few years.
Global Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading7 November 2016
I work in the professional services team which provides transformation support to Verizon's global customer base. It has been a very positive experience, with interesting work, good team spirit between the technical teams and project delivery teams and very good communication from the management team.
Pros
Flexible home working
Cons
At times you will be required to work long hours
Excellent
Partner Solutions (Current Employee) –  Reading14 September 2016
Excellent company and role, flexibility and management easy to approach, people from all round the world working alongside together, great pay, no overtime or weekend work available, friendly service, customer focussed,
Pros
ability to work from home
Cons
communication with over seas collegues
Solutions Specialist
Customer Service, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UT 8412813 September 2016
My job was to pull people out of the que and help them with whatever they came in for and try to find opportunities for growth. I tried to sell products and services to guests. Management was very focused on helping everyone improve their skills and move up in the company. The hardest part of the job was the sales aspect. The most enjoyable part was interacting with different people and the energy that my team had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

57K