Verisure

Verisure Employee Reviews

Featured review
Verisure selected this as a representative review
amazing job to be in with a lovely group, will be applying to go back in the future 10/10 for management and staff, employers care about your mental health and wellbeing!
Pros
lovely colleagues
Cons
I would advise anyone looking to work here to ready to be treated like a child management have no people skills and the hours are ridiculous for the wages. I would not advise anyone to work in this dept they do not care about there staff only in policies of the company. Not enough training given re company procedures.
Pros
The staff you work with excuding team leaders etc
Cons
Long hours targets to high favouritism etc
extremly professional and hard working people around you always help you exceed and the training youre given is second to none. the earning potential is exceptional. if youre hard working and sales driven this is a great place to work. it didnt work for me as i had different plans for my future, the only thing i would change is the shadowing at the start to be more varied.
Pros
Earning potential
Cons
Long hours compared to 9-5 jobs
I really enjoyed my time with Verisure, Great bunch of guys to work with. The training was fantastic, The team leader was very informative and the information given was useful on the field.
Pros
Earning potential
Cons
Worked at the pudsey branch for my sins, was promised a company car, phone and good pay, all lies and false hope, Sales tactics are to mislead vulnerable customers, manager had no managerial skills and is indirectly racist, will make you work from 9am till 9pm but your only paid for 8 hours.Not a bad product in theory but does not meet the criteria you will sell it on.Would be a good company to work for if they sorted out management and service quality
Pros
Work out in the field
Cons
You will be selling a lie and be fed a load too
A typical day is giving £100% of our time and effort to promote products and give quotes to make sales2ndly going on pre booked appointments and installations.Good hard work pays off with great attitude.
Pros
Profitable job if one is careful enough with their earnies after working hard.
Cons
Watch out for pit falls and loop holes not to loose your commi9sions and bonuses.
working at verisure had its fun moments I learned a lot from every who worked there, as it is a sales company, sale target demands are quite high and numerous of times you'll experience making your sales and loses customers due to the bad customer service from head office. The other workers in the branch are great, very friendly and always there to help you, the management is unorganised even though I really like the branch manager there.Overall it is a fast paced job which will good moments and lots of bad.
Pros
the verisure and non-verisure customers I met whilst I worked there.
Cons
very long hours, the company lacks patience, customers service towards existing customer is slightly appalling.
Offered a job get a week's training where they think you should know it all. Get a test pass mark 90% but told don't worry about it. Everything is a lie management not english and treat everyone like dirt.
Cons
Good company to work for depending on the department you are in, the department I worked in was lovely, brilliant manager, team leader/team mates and loved all the colleagues I worked with.If you work hard they do reward well, only fault is they changed the pay dates which caused problems for quite a few staff.Also in process of relocating to Newcastle which lead to a lot of negative changes in the office and also caused concern for job security and job losses for many staff after being told everyone’s jobs would be safe.There have been various issues with payroll making mistakes with payslips which can be stressful and frustrating.Staff are lovely, management too depending on which department you are in.
Pros
Co workers, progression
Cons
Pay dates, payroll, job security
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Verisure?
If you want to around the clock under constant stress and pressure to make and install sales then this is the job for you! Have to sell and install your own sales, if you have a bad month and perform less than 5 sales your sacked on the spot! No work life balance they only care about sales not there staff your just a number! It’s a job for a single man, they don’t really take on many woman as they feel woman will not want to knock doors 6 days a week!
Pros
Out in the field
Cons
No support and crazy hours!
I worked in the ARC in London. The managers were deeply unprofessional. They were a pair of narcissists who spent the working days praising themselves. Yet they were utterly incompetent. Rotas were constantly changed with hardly any notice. Holidays were extremely difficult to schedule and the manager played favourites. Questioning decisions or making suggestions were taken as personal attacks and dealt with in an entirely unprofessional and aggressive manner, involving the manager shouting at you as though you were his child. The managers were completely ignorant of UK employment law relating to sickness, disciplinary procedures or dismissal. They lied through their teeth about numerous matters and treated employees like children and slaves. Consistently understaffed, employees could be waiting nearly their entire shift before being able to have lunch I the last hour of their shift or sometimes not at all. Due to the constant rota changes it was impossible to make plans with families and friends. Managers and team leaders would send round ultra positive messages to arc ambassadors (an example the ridiculous hyperbole describing an alarm receiver) and then fire people with no warning or due process. The HR department actively conspire with the management to ignore and conceal employee rights and to protect the management.The pay was higher than the average call centre job but the lack of life/ work balance and the unprofessional and incompetent behaviour of management offset this entirely. Whilst I was there working hours were extended without any form of additional compensation - more...
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management, lack of life/work balance, no concern for employee rights
Learnt a lot of new skills but didn’t get payed for my sales which sucked as it was my only source of income and I really struggled to pay my bills because of it
Pros
Always something new to learn
Cons
Sneaky people that take your sales
I worked in the Edinburgh branch, management was a shambles ,no structure and constantly changing targets and politics of the job. All the company care about it money and sales ,not the quality of the product or the customer service, the way they treat staff is appalling! Expected to work work work and be very pushy and bully customers into buying the alarm, stay well clear !!
Pros
Cons
Pushy, unorganised, no job security
Main problem with the company is the lack of training. Most of the training apart from induction was to be seated next to mentor was was actually trying to train. Biggest problem is that there was not enough time given over for this as the person was still on the phones and actually trying to hit their targets. So struggled to to get grips on the system. Targets are mad and set too high the expect you to do at least 25 bookings per day Rest 9fvthe dept have good training classroom based this doesn't. You automatically put on late shifts. If you experience of sales then this is for you otherwise you have to sell to make a booking. Crazy. targeys
Pros
New offices, canteen, parking, good colleagues
Cons
Pay, target driven, management and training poor.
At the start management was fairly okay, but the change in management has caused the work Morale to change, less motivated to work, and they are easy to give HR warnings, and possibly fire you. Highly do not recommend working here, it isnot worth the stress.
Pros
nice colleauges
Cons
Managment
Work hard and you will be rewarded. time management is key and knowing you product is essential. Create a system like a work schedule and stick to it.
I had a terrible experience with the manager from Bristol office. He never respected or treated fairly any his employees. He tries to brainwash them to compete between each other and generate hate at the office. He also uses fear at the office to scare the employees with example If you don't do this you will ended up loosing your job etc ... He used to shut at me all the time. I am not saying all the managers are the same. I am just explaining my own experience with this manager that his name starts by "I". I will recommend HR to look into this abusive behaviour because this is only a 5% explanation.
Pros
One free lunch a month sometimes
Cons
Long hours, bad management ...
I worked at verisure for 1 year. Great stepping stone if you want to get into field sales. Great team and amazing people to work with, and you get to travel to some lovely areas. Plus you meet some lovely customers too. You get to do team building activities which was fun. Only down side is office politics and too much favouritism. Management need to be a bit neutral when dealing with matters. But overall great place.
Pros
Amazing people, great product
Cons
Office politics
Great work-life balance, a lot of travelling, cool people. Good experience for a transition job. For starters, or young people looking for their first job, it couldn't get better. Gather experience in sales for 6 months to a year and aim higher, move to a well-paid job.
Pros
Work-life balance, travel, meeting all kinds of new people, fun gatherings, on point trainings
Cons
If you want to earn the minimum wage, go for it. If you're aiming higher, don't.
Very horrible company to work for a nightmare no support from management and the work private life balance is seriously uncompromising Management did not care about products they only cared about make money at other people’s expense
There is a lack of management support to the Security Consultants. It is more of a pressured field sales role which includes technical installations of the product. Targets have to be met on a monthly or you receive a performance related dressing down. You start in the morning focussing on business field sales and generating leads, at the same time you can receive warm leads from HQ to follow up and there is a disregard to your location and the leads location. A demonstration and a walk through of the security system can take up to 2-3 hours if installation is required can take up a min 3 hours. You are then required to generate at least 2 cold leads and follow them up. Overall a minimum day can be 13 hours and more. All consultants are incentivised with targets for the month and are expected to close 6 sales in the month as a veteran.
  1. Employee reviews