Verastar Employee Review

Full of false promises
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 April 2019
Do not work here!!!! this place caused me depression and anxiety.You are literally a number to them not a human being.
They eroded my confidence in myself so much by making me feel worthless that I almost gave up on life.
They kept using the approach of 'trying to teach grandmother to suck eggs' I was being paid barely enough to survive let alone to be able to plan for any kind of future. This job has simply eroded my spirit.
Somebody is going to have a really good time at an Employment Tribunal with these jokers. Absolutely zero man management skills shown by managers and very indicative throughout their processes and sales methods where they treat both the customer and the employee with contempt. Don't stain your cv by considering this mob.
No clear objectives, no decent management, rubbish salaries, make you exceed your normal working hours, treat their staff like slaves and not people, clear favoritism within teams, lack of structure.
Stop making your staff work like dogs: that's not how you make sales. You need to treat your staff with respect and understand we are people and not numbers. Stop hiring people on the spot because they have called in sick for one day as that is illegal practice and you need to at least provide them with an opportunity to explain. Your salaries are extremely low compared to another telecoms company which I am now happily working for with better benefits and fair treatment for staff. Your practices need to be reviewed.

They literally sell the job so well. Not worth it at all!!! THEIR PRICES CAN BE BEATEN!
Management swear at staff
  more... and don't appreciate hard work unless targets are hit. Fail to understand customers have entered new contracts which is why sales are going down.
I left the job but was put down as I have been dismissed for lack of attendance (I DID NOT MISS A DAY) I didn't bother disputing it as I would be dealing with a bunch of bullies.
I hated the experience and so did most people working there. They are so desperate for sales because the company are most likely loosing so many customers due to their lies and bad service.
Pros
Some people were nice. Nice places to eat lunch
Cons
Most months you take home nothing but your basic pay!

Other Verastar Employee Reviews

Productive Fun & Energetic Atmosphere!
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 May 2019
Only been in the company a couple of months but so far I have loved working here. My colleagues are so friendly and made me feel welcomed from the off set.
Typical day is starting at 8:30 finishing at 5:30, fruit and coffee is included which is always a great benefit, my manager has given me support throughout my journey.
My job includes calling businesses that already have our custom and offering them additional services, which can be a challenge but that's sales & part of the job which is what I enjoy.
The starting salary could be a little higher, although there is chance to progress to earn more (plus your commission)
Pros
Free Fruit and Hot beverages, Lively atmoshere
Cons
Low salary
Official response from Verastar
23 May 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!

It is great to hear you are enjoying your time here - and are making good use of the free fruit and hot drinks!

Keep up the great work :)

good job
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester20 May 2019
Everyone has a chance to grow with plenty of training and help avaliable to them .
however holidays are low therefore you run out when you have to save five days for Christmas when you cant work as they shut down
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
17.30 finish on a friday and formal wear at all times
Official response from Verastar
23 May 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it is great to hear you are enjoying your time here at Verastar, and are finding the continued training helpful!

Keep up the great work :)