Verastar
Verastar Employee Review

Customer service advisor

11 May 2018
Long hours 9-6 for such little pay. From the moment you sit down at your desk at 9 o clock the phone starts ringing and doesn’t stop until 6, literally ending a call with a customer and the phone starts ringing again straight away. You’re allowed one 40 min lunch and 2 10 min breaks, however you have to clock in and out of your phone and get told off for taking even a minute extra, very strict and school like. A lot of the managers talk down to you. A lot of what you do is just passing the problem on elsewhere which makes customers very frustrated and means you will deal with a lot of unhappy customers. The training they do is good, however it’s not really transferable to what you will actually do in the job so isn’t very useful. The large majority of the staff (including the managers) have been there less than a year, shows a high staff turnover. The progression you’re told about is a lie, there were people who were promoted and had been there a year who were on the same salary as me. If you want to be treated like a child and don’t mind talking on the phone for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, then this may be the job for you, unfortunately not for me.

Respect your staff and they may stick around, the company needs a lot more employees to deal with the amount of calls they receive and to take the work load off the ones that manage to stick around. Pay isn’t enough.
Pros
No weekends or bank holidays, water machines and free tea and coffee, location out of city centre, the training staff are good and head of customer service is lovely.
Cons
Everything else
Official response from Verastar
5 June 2018
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's lovely to hear your positive feedback on our training staff and customer service manager.

Although we are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience at Verastar as we strive to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. We do understand the role can demanding at times and counter balance this with our fun weekly incentives, Pizza Fridays, Star bonus scheme, alongside ongoing coaching and support.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
6 July 2020
Same roleSame location
Sales advisor (Former Employee) - Manchester
I worked there for a while, it was overall a good experience and did help me grow and met some nice people. But some newcomers start at a higher wage then others when all of you have similar or more experience and some of the employees make you feel uncomfortable and pressure you to do really well when the training they give is lacking strength. They give a one pitch works for everyone approach but that is not the case and people have individual differences which they don't take account for.
Pros
People
Cons
Management and System
7 November 2019
Same role
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) - Northenden
Get along with everyone in the place of work. I would recommend anyone to work here that has a great environment. Management is alright but to be honest I don’t think everyone would get along
Comment – 29 November 2019
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It is great to hear you are enjoying the fun working environment we pride ourselves on and have such a positive working relationship with your team.

Keep up the great work
20 July 2020
Same location
Lead Generator (Former Employee) - Manchester
During my time at verastar I had amazing support and help towards all lifetime achievements I would recommend working at verastar for anyone amazing staff