Verastar Employee Review

Customer service advisor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 May 2018
Long hours 9-6 for such little pay. From the moment you sit down at your desk at 9 o clock the phone starts ringing and doesn’t stop until 6, literally ending a call with a customer and the phone starts ringing again straight away. You’re allowed one 40 min lunch and 2 10 min breaks, however you have to clock in and out of your phone and get told off for taking even a minute extra, very strict and school like. A lot of the managers talk down to you. A lot of what you do is just passing the problem on elsewhere which makes customers very frustrated and means you will deal with a lot of unhappy customers. The training they do is good, however it’s not really transferable to what you will actually do in the job so isn’t very useful. The large majority of the staff (including the managers) have been there less than a year, shows a high staff turnover. The progression you’re told about is a lie, there were people who were promoted and had been there a year who were on the same salary as me. If you want to be treated like a child and don’t mind talking on the phone for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, then this may be the job for you, unfortunately not for me.

Respect your staff and they may stick around, the company needs a lot more employees to deal with the amount of calls they receive and to take the work load off the ones that manage to stick around. Pay isn’t enough.
Pros
No weekends or bank holidays, water machines and free tea and coffee, location out of city centre, the training staff are good and head of customer service is lovely.
Cons
Everything else
Official response from Verastar
5 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's lovely to hear your positive feedback on our training staff and customer service manager.

Although we are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience at Verastar as we strive to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. We do understand the role can demanding at times and counter balance this with our fun weekly incentives, Pizza Fridays, Star bonus scheme, alongside ongoing coaching and support.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Other Verastar Employee Reviews

Great Development Opportunities
Prefer not say (Current Employee) –  Manchester13 January 2019
Very poor work/life balance, and with a lot of senior staff not having worked elsewhere there is some complacency around this which doesn't make for great working environment.
As a fast paced company largely motivated by sales, it's pro's are that there is plenty of variety, and opportunity to develop if you are willing to put in the effort, and smaller teams can be very supportive.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 January 2019
A great place to work , great earnings and loads of incentives!
great position in central Manchester so travelling to work is easy, Summer barbecue and Christmas party as well as loads of other fun times ( work hard play hard)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verastar. Our community is ready to answer.

Verastar Reviews by Location