Verastar Employee Review

Customer service advisor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 May 2018
Long hours 9-6 for such little pay. From the moment you sit down at your desk at 9 o clock the phone starts ringing and doesn’t stop until 6, literally ending a call with a customer and the phone starts ringing again straight away. You’re allowed one 40 min lunch and 2 10 min breaks, however you have to clock in and out of your phone and get told off for taking even a minute extra, very strict and school like. A lot of the managers talk down to you. A lot of what you do is just passing the problem on elsewhere which makes customers very frustrated and means you will deal with a lot of unhappy customers. The training they do is good, however it’s not really transferable to what you will actually do in the job so isn’t very useful. The large majority of the staff (including the managers) have been there less than a year, shows a high staff turnover. The progression you’re told about is a lie, there were people who were promoted and had been there a year who were on the same salary as me. If you want to be treated like a child and don’t mind talking on the phone for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, then this may be the job for you, unfortunately not for me.

Respect your staff and they may stick around, the company needs a lot more employees to deal with the amount of calls they receive and to take the work load off the ones that manage to stick around. Pay isn’t enough.
Pros
No weekends or bank holidays, water machines and free tea and coffee, location out of city centre, the training staff are good and head of customer service is lovely.
Cons
Everything else
5 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's lovely to hear your positive feedback on our training staff and customer service manager.

Although we are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience at Verastar as we strive to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. We do understand the role can demanding at times and counter balance this with our fun weekly incentives, Pizza Fridays, Star bonus scheme, alongside ongoing coaching and support.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Other Verastar Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 October 2018
Training was true bliss, trainers were great, everything was A OK. But as soon as we got onto the phones, you would feel as if your soul is being drained with each passing day. We worked like machines, from 9-6, and the system made it worse. Everyone had to sell 1 item a day to customers who were unwilling to buy (many called to complain + report faults, they didn't want to buy a new mobile), short breaks, minimum wage pay. The supervisors and the head of customer service are great people, regardless if you value your health avoid the place like plague.
Pros
You were getting paid
Cons
Nearly everything
24 October 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are happy that you enjoyed the training for the role - we pride ourselves on the support and training we provide to new and existing employees.

However, we are sorry to hear of your negative experience as a Customer Service Advisor, as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar.

We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

Not ideal
Retentions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sharston2 October 2018
management were very laid back and took a while to get anything that had been promised. once notice had been handed in, their behaviours and attitude towards employees completely changed and turned rather hostile.
24 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time working for Verastar.

We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we kindly ask that you email our HR team .(HR@verastar.co.uk)
with further information on the issues raised so we can look to address them.

We thank you for your hard work whilst working with us, and wish you all the best for the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verastar. Our community is ready to answer.

Verastar Reviews by Location