Verastar Employee Review

Low or no income as Field Sales Exec.
Field Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Midlands26 March 2019
I enjoy being out in the field and selling, but only if a product is worth selling. There were friendly characters in office but the poor leads and at the time, no basic pay, commission only, started to take its toll after the second month. (* the calls are recorded but are they checked I wondered??)
I was promised between £1000 and £1500 per week depending on sales and upsales. Some weeks I earned nothing.

I'm not a liar, however, some false information was given as I checked with two BT Engineers on separate occasions. The info that the Wi-Fi connections are double connectors is untrue. I was given that information to assist the sale. Also the connection wasn't as strong as the office stated, having signed up someone I knew. They had issues with cancelling, so I found out more about the customers full experience this way.

When I had an unexpected injury, the Manager said I could come into the office instead. I wasn't insured to drive without the use of a leg! Overall if the infrastructure was more beneficial to staff and the product worked more efficiently, it could work much better for everyone. It's all a learning curve, so I know that I wouldn't work in telecoms again and wouldn't recommend working for Veristar or Kinex.
Pros
Cons
False info. Use own car & clock up miles. Promises of high salary - dont fall into the trap!!
Official response from Verastar
9 April 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience whilst working for us here at Verastar.

We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

Other Verastar Employee Reviews

Full of false promises
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 April 2019
Do not work here!!!! this place caused me depression and anxiety.You are literally a number to them not a human being.
They eroded my confidence in myself so much by making me feel worthless that I almost gave up on life.
They kept using the approach of 'trying to teach grandmother to suck eggs' I was being paid barely enough to survive let alone to be able to plan for any kind of future. This job has simply eroded my spirit.
Somebody is going to have a really good time at an Employment Tribunal with these jokers. Absolutely zero man management skills shown by managers and very indicative throughout their processes and sales methods where they treat both the customer and the employee with contempt. Don't stain your cv by considering this mob.
No clear objectives, no decent management, rubbish salaries, make you exceed your normal working hours, treat their staff like slaves and not people, clear favoritism within teams, lack of structure.
Stop making your staff work like dogs: that's not how you make sales. You need to treat your staff with respect and understand we are people and not numbers. Stop hiring people on the spot because they have called in sick for one day as that is illegal practice and you need to at least provide them with an opportunity to explain. Your salaries are extremely low compared to another telecoms company which I am now happily working for with better benefits and fair treatment for staff. Your practices need to be reviewed.

They literally sell the job so well. Not worth it at all!!! THEIR PRICES CAN BE BEATEN!
Management swear at staff
  more... and don't appreciate hard work unless targets are hit. Fail to understand customers have entered new contracts which is why sales are going down.
I left the job but was put down as I have been dismissed for lack of attendance (I DID NOT MISS A DAY) I didn't bother disputing it as I would be dealing with a bunch of bullies.
I hated the experience and so did most people working there. They are so desperate for sales because the company are most likely loosing so many customers due to their lies and bad service.
Pros
Some people were nice. Nice places to eat lunch
Cons
Most months you take home nothing but your basic pay!
Highly recommended.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Northenden16 April 2019
I have recently joined this company at the South Manchester branch and so far it seems a great company to work for. They have been very welcoming. The training was brilliant and a good introduction to the business as a whole!
Management is relaxed and praise is given when its due!
Pros
Praise
Cons
Parking
Official response from Verastar
18 April 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It's great to hear that the in-depth training we provide is being recognised and received so positively!

Thank you again for your feedback - Keep up the great work :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verastar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9