Verastar
Verastar Employee Review

Just a terrible place to work.

24 September 2019
One redeeming feature: the people. A lot of good people get stuck at Verastar because they make it so difficult to leave. Some of the managers are great. Some of them, though, are not.

The rest of the job is terrible. You're treated as a number rather than a person. Even if you've got a doctor's note or a genuine emergency, they will tell you to be in work or they'll give you a disciplinary. If you try to appeal it, they'll then use your appeal to punish you further.

If you're looking for somewhere that can offer you reasonable pay for reasonable hours and reasonable holidays and sick days, do not work here.
Official response from Verastar
15 October 2019
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience whilst working with Verastar as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working with us.

We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

20 July 2020
Lead Generator (Former Employee) - Manchester
During my time at verastar I had amazing support and help towards all lifetime achievements I would recommend working at verastar for anyone amazing staff
6 July 2020
Sales advisor (Former Employee) - Manchester
I worked there for a while, it was overall a good experience and did help me grow and met some nice people. But some newcomers start at a higher wage then others when all of you have similar or more experience and some of the employees make you feel uncomfortable and pressure you to do really well when the training they give is lacking strength. They give a one pitch works for everyone approach but that is not the case and people have individual differences which they don't take account for.
Pros
People
Cons
Management and System
13 May 2020
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) - Sale, Greater Manchester
Was a great place to work on a daily basis, flexible work hours which was very suitable for my daily routine, on site gym and canteen. Professional workplace but also had a relaxed atmosphere as the office was opened planned and everyone mingled and spoke nicely to each other.