Verastar Employee Review

In-depth Review - Do Not Work Here
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 March 2019
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) – Manchester – 11 May 2018

Couldn't agree with the above comment more, unless you are going to be evicted from your property do not work here.

I was employed by the Internal Recruitment Manager as a Credit Controller - after 6 weeks i had to get out of there.

Although I was recruited as a Credit Controller, I quite clearly found myself being a Complaints Logger, a well-known compliant was the broadband, the worst thing was trying to log the fault on the same slow Broadband.

The training you receive for 4 weeks inst transferable to your job role you do when you get onto the floor? - I was sat in the back of the training room one session and the department head and another ops manager were sat next to me writing up how they could make the sessions better - they kept calling out the trainer on what was in the training, speaking to him like rubbish in front of the new staff and making him feel uncomfortable (expressed my feelings to him and to the other trainers - I was here 2 weeks at this point) - One day on my way to work there was a car crash at princess parkway, i called into the office so they could pass on my message - as i got into the office i was asked why i was late i explained again. At 3PM i was pulled into the office by the Head of the Department - Who explained to me that because i was like i had to fill out a form and signed it.... As i got in at 9:01 (Serious) - I told her I thought it was abit strict - i was advised by her that "HR would deal with it if I had a problem with the process"

Another incident was when
  more... I went to the toilet...

When ever you leave your desk you must press your break button...

Morning, After Lunch, dinner and toilet breaks

I went to the toilet and I was gone for 7 minutes (you get used to checking the time when you leave your desk so you make sure your back on the minute as if your not you'll know about it)

When i retuned back to the desk i took my phone off break and was about to sit down, my supervisor asked me where i had been, as she looked at me when i walked away from my desk and the toilet door was around the corner from my desk, she knew where i had been.. so i laughed and said "to the toilet?" (everyone was looking) "she then said "just to let you know if you keep pressing your break button HR will see it and they will ask you where your going" I then replied with "so do HR want me to email them when i go to the toilet?" she looked away and continued working.

It didn't help speaking to customers who were suicidal either, I once had a disabled customer who called after his business fell into liquidation and he couldn't afford administrators never mind Verastar's bills. The customer advised me that he must get about 3 calls a day from the Credit Control department, which is about right as that how the in-house system is wrote. he then advised that it was getting to much and was arguing with someone in the background. He then said he just wants to kill himself. as i was concerned for his welfare I gave my supervisor the account number and his name. 1 week later the account came up in my cards with no new actions on it. which was a couple of days before i left.

if I could leave my contact number in this review i would quite happily do so to prevent other talented people from entering this company and wanting to end there life.
Pros
Getting Paid
Cons
Head of the Credit Control Department.
Official response from Verastar
9 April 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Credit Controller, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar.

We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

Other Verastar Employee Reviews

Full of false promises
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 April 2019
Do not work here!!!! this place caused me depression and anxiety.You are literally a number to them not a human being.
They eroded my confidence in myself so much by making me feel worthless that I almost gave up on life.
They kept using the approach of 'trying to teach grandmother to suck eggs' I was being paid barely enough to survive let alone to be able to plan for any kind of future. This job has simply eroded my spirit.
Somebody is going to have a really good time at an Employment Tribunal with these jokers. Absolutely zero man management skills shown by managers and very indicative throughout their processes and sales methods where they treat both the customer and the employee with contempt. Don't stain your cv by considering this mob.
No clear objectives, no decent management, rubbish salaries, make you exceed your normal working hours, treat their staff like slaves and not people, clear favoritism within teams, lack of structure.
Stop making your staff work like dogs: that's not how you make sales. You need to treat your staff with respect and understand we are people and not numbers. Stop hiring people on the spot because they have called in sick for one day as that is illegal practice and you need to at least provide them with an opportunity to explain. Your salaries are extremely low compared to another telecoms company which I am now happily working for with better benefits and fair treatment for staff. Your practices need to be reviewed.

They literally sell the job so well. Not worth it at all!!! THEIR PRICES CAN BE BEATEN!
Management swear at staff
  more... and don't appreciate hard work unless targets are hit. Fail to understand customers have entered new contracts which is why sales are going down.
I left the job but was put down as I have been dismissed for lack of attendance (I DID NOT MISS A DAY) I didn't bother disputing it as I would be dealing with a bunch of bullies.
I hated the experience and so did most people working there. They are so desperate for sales because the company are most likely loosing so many customers due to their lies and bad service.
Pros
Some people were nice. Nice places to eat lunch
Cons
Most months you take home nothing but your basic pay!
Highly recommended.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Northenden16 April 2019
I have recently joined this company at the South Manchester branch and so far it seems a great company to work for. They have been very welcoming. The training was brilliant and a good introduction to the business as a whole!
Management is relaxed and praise is given when its due!
Pros
Praise
Cons
Parking
Official response from Verastar
18 April 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It's great to hear that the in-depth training we provide is being recognised and received so positively!

Thank you again for your feedback - Keep up the great work :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verastar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9