Verastar Employee Review

Could be so much better
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Wythenshawe, Cheshire30 March 2019
This business is still growing and learning, but it really needs to focus on its staff more . Not many people are happy. The hours are good Monday to Friday no bank holidays. But the pay is shocking. I've worked here well over a year and hardly advanced, but even if I get to the top pay tier at an advisor level, I'm getting way below what I can get somewhere else. And for that reason unfortunately I having to look for another job. I'll be sad to go, but I can't survive on just above national minimum wage, especially for all the hard work I do.
Working hours are 8 hours working plus an hour total unpaid breaks, unlike most call centres I've worked in where you get an hour unpaid lunch and two 10 or 15 min paid breaks.
Pros
Set hours, free tea and coffee, pizza friday, nice people
Cons
Just above national minimum wage. No progression. Feel very under appreciated. Short umpaid breaks.
Official response from Verastar
9 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, although we are disappointed to hear that you feel the need to look for a new position.

We are always looking at ways to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work.

Other Verastar Employee Reviews

Full of false promises
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 April 2019
Do not work here!!!! this place caused me depression and anxiety.You are literally a number to them not a human being.
They eroded my confidence in myself so much by making me feel worthless that I almost gave up on life.
They kept using the approach of 'trying to teach grandmother to suck eggs' I was being paid barely enough to survive let alone to be able to plan for any kind of future. This job has simply eroded my spirit.
Somebody is going to have a really good time at an Employment Tribunal with these jokers. Absolutely zero man management skills shown by managers and very indicative throughout their processes and sales methods where they treat both the customer and the employee with contempt. Don't stain your cv by considering this mob.
No clear objectives, no decent management, rubbish salaries, make you exceed your normal working hours, treat their staff like slaves and not people, clear favoritism within teams, lack of structure.
Stop making your staff work like dogs: that's not how you make sales. You need to treat your staff with respect and understand we are people and not numbers. Stop hiring people on the spot because they have called in sick for one day as that is illegal practice and you need to at least provide them with an opportunity to explain. Your salaries are extremely low compared to another telecoms company which I am now happily working for with better benefits and fair treatment for staff. Your practices need to be reviewed.

They literally sell the job so well. Not worth it at all!!! THEIR PRICES CAN BE BEATEN!
Management swear at staff
  more... and don't appreciate hard work unless targets are hit. Fail to understand customers have entered new contracts which is why sales are going down.
I left the job but was put down as I have been dismissed for lack of attendance (I DID NOT MISS A DAY) I didn't bother disputing it as I would be dealing with a bunch of bullies.
I hated the experience and so did most people working there. They are so desperate for sales because the company are most likely loosing so many customers due to their lies and bad service.
Pros
Some people were nice. Nice places to eat lunch
Cons
Most months you take home nothing but your basic pay!
Highly recommended.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Northenden16 April 2019
I have recently joined this company at the South Manchester branch and so far it seems a great company to work for. They have been very welcoming. The training was brilliant and a good introduction to the business as a whole!
Management is relaxed and praise is given when its due!
Pros
Praise
Cons
Parking
Official response from Verastar
18 April 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It's great to hear that the in-depth training we provide is being recognised and received so positively!

Thank you again for your feedback - Keep up the great work :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verastar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9