Verastar Employee Review

Avoid the Piccadilly office
Appoint setter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 April 2019
Well what can I say about this company In this job your job is to book appointments for field sales agents to go to a business to sell them broadband and phone lines, I have worked for this company before and was sacked because the reps failed to secure a sale something that is very unfair. I was asked to rejoin the company after a week of unemployment so I rejoined put my game face on and got 9 appointments out as before and got 5 sales back in the first week this is when they had a full staff of reps covering all the areas the office covers after about a week problems with the reps started happening one took a holiday without telling mangers what meant all the appointments made for him couldn’t be attended, the reps regularly refuse to attend appointments and some just can’t sell.
The manager sacked 2 and one quit leaving us with only one rep to cover just one area. They brought 2 new reps in who quit on their first day so maybe this problem has something to do with the way they treat people so I don’t blame the reps but yet all this falls on the telly sales agent, this is not team work as supposed to be. our job is to secure an appointment to get confirmed by the manager not to sell the product. The data they use is never new, all sites throughout the country use the exact same data of business names and numbers calling them about broadband, phone lines, mobile contracts, gas and electric and even water most business get up to 8 calls every day. I’ve worked for some dodgy small call centres throughout the last 20 years that treat people like cattle but this is a self claimed
  more... number one business to business company in the uk and I’d really expect them to take in to consideration the commitment and effort some people do for them. I spoke to one of the big managers about this who gave me the I have to run a business speal and said me and another guy that got chopped had not booked a single appointment in the last 2 week when considering the amount of appointments booked throughout the entire team we did a fair amount as everyone was on low appointments this kind of ideicates to me that the credit for the appointments went else where but I hope this isn’t true. There’s so much negativity in there it’s unreal so many miserable faces, every girl that’s worked there has cried at leat once a week. This is the worst company I have come across for treating people like cattle and I really get the impression they want a small team and part time workers as people keep getting chopped then asked to rejoin, why ask some e back of you think they don’t preform to standards? This job would be ok if you need a stepping stone job or just need to raise £100 or so if not I advise to stay away it’s the most unsecured job I have ever had and I think the people who run the business should look at their own performance and maybe it will sort out the rest!  less
Pros
Get a small salery
Cons
Punished for others poor performance

Other Verastar Employee Reviews

Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central, Greater Manchester22 May 2019
+ B2B Sales training & Management
+ Managing incentives
+ Generating an average of £4000 per head
+ Support call center target to achieve a revenue of £24000 Per month
+ Deliver KPI’s and Exceed the target
Pros
Lovely, challenging enviroment
Cons
Salary
Productive Fun & Energetic Atmosphere!
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 May 2019
Only been in the company a couple of months but so far I have loved working here. My colleagues are so friendly and made me feel welcomed from the off set.
Typical day is starting at 8:30 finishing at 5:30, fruit and coffee is included which is always a great benefit, my manager has given me support throughout my journey.
My job includes calling businesses that already have our custom and offering them additional services, which can be a challenge but that's sales & part of the job which is what I enjoy.
The starting salary could be a little higher, although there is chance to progress to earn more (plus your commission)
Pros
Free Fruit and Hot beverages, Lively atmoshere
Cons
Low salary
Official response from Verastar
23 May 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!

It is great to hear you are enjoying your time here - and are making good use of the free fruit and hot drinks!

Keep up the great work :)