Verastar Employee Review

Don't go there
Telesales Outbound (Former Employee) –  Northenden16 September 2019
I worked for Verastar in Norhenden. I was not there for long even though i had received an award for exceptional sales as newcomer. The work culture is none existent. You are regarded as fodder and can be dismissed for no reason. I answered request to attend an interview. When i arrived there no one knew who i was or indeed that i had a confirmed appointment.

You are expected to arrive 30 minutes early for daily meetings even though you are not paid for the extra time.

The training is a joke and you are regarded as a child even if you have vast experience as i do as salesperson of 30 years+

You are expected to achieve impossible targets with a one fits all basic script which you must adhere too. Any experienced salesperson knows every customer interaction requires adaptability to cover objections and see the sale through. However, you are not allowed to be an individual and if you stray from script during your calls you are seriously reprimanded.

I became ill and required time off for doctors appointment which was frowned upon and told quite bluntly that if i attend appointment it would seriously affect my prospects.

I was dismissed the same day i made a complaint about a co worker who was discriminating against me because of supposed gender issues. The complaint was not investigated and i was summarily dismissed with the excuse i had not achieved targets even though i was a high achiever.

Workers rights are not respected and i am totally surprised this company is still going bearing in mind the verbal abuse given out to staff before fellow co workers.

Please
  more... do yourself a good favour. Just don't go there if you are honest upright person with a good work ethic and immense enthusiasm for sales. They will destroy your faith in humanity.

There be better company's out there who treat their staff with good respect. You don't need Verastar to mess up your life.

Good luck all

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are concerned regarding the issues you have raised, as they go against a number of our company policies and procedures. We are always looking at ways to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the points you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

Kind Regards,
Verastar Team.

Other Verastar Employee Reviews

Just a terrible place to work.
Fulfilment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Northenden24 September 2019
One redeeming feature: the people. A lot of good people get stuck at Verastar because they make it so difficult to leave. Some of the managers are great. Some of them, though, are not.

The rest of the job is terrible. You're treated as a number rather than a person. Even if you've got a doctor's note or a genuine emergency, they will tell you to be in work or they'll give you a disciplinary. If you try to appeal it, they'll then use your appeal to punish you further.

If you're looking for somewhere that can offer you reasonable pay for reasonable hours and reasonable holidays and sick days, do not work here.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience whilst working with Verastar as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working with us.

We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

Please if you value your health do not work here
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wythenshawe, Cheshire5 September 2019
I worked at verastar for there wythenhawe branch, although I can not fault the training (even though you will be treated like a pre teen back in high school) when you get unleashed into the what they call the training pod, be prepared for no support what so ever.
You will not get your pay revision, due to any lie the supervisors find. you will be expected to pick up on the favourites work as the supervisor wont ask them to do it you will be ignoored by trainers leaving dsgruntled customers on the phone for longer than possible. Their are departments who wont tak calls at all even though they should as they are the only ones qualified ( and paid more) to do the job. Lie to customers about packages sold Every call you will get will be a complaint. Wolf of wall street management

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are happy that you enjoyed the training for the role - we pride ourselves on the support and training we provide to new and existing employees.

However, we are sorry to hear of your negative experience as a Customer Service Advisor, as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar.