Verastar
Verastar Employee Review

Don't go there

16 September 2019
I worked for Verastar in Norhenden. I was not there for long even though i had received an award for exceptional sales as newcomer. The work culture is none existent. You are regarded as fodder and can be dismissed for no reason. I answered request to attend an interview. When i arrived there no one knew who i was or indeed that i had a confirmed appointment.

You are expected to arrive 30 minutes early for daily meetings even though you are not paid for the extra time.

The training is a joke and you are regarded as a child even if you have vast experience as i do as salesperson of 30 years+

You are expected to achieve impossible targets with a one fits all basic script which you must adhere too. Any experienced salesperson knows every customer interaction requires adaptability to cover objections and see the sale through. However, you are not allowed to be an individual and if you stray from script during your calls you are seriously reprimanded.

I became ill and required time off for doctors appointment which was frowned upon and told quite bluntly that if i attend appointment it would seriously affect my prospects.

I was dismissed the same day i made a complaint about a co worker who was discriminating against me because of supposed gender issues. The complaint was not investigated and i was summarily dismissed with the excuse i had not achieved targets even though i was a high achiever.

Workers rights are not respected and i am totally surprised this company is still going bearing in mind the verbal abuse given out to staff before fellow co workers.

Please
 - more...
Official response from Verastar
15 October 2019
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are concerned regarding the issues you have raised, as they go against a number of our company policies and procedures. We are always looking at ways to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the points you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

Kind Regards,

Verastar Team.
7 November 2019
Same roleSame location
Telesales agent (Current Employee) - Northenden
I joined Kinex with no prior telesales experience, I couldn't even speak on the phone because it would make me feel awkward. I started off generating leads, the support given helped me in order to progress as I got promoted and now I cross sell telecoms and broadband to existing customers. It's fast paced but very rewarding and I've gained so much experience too. Would recommend
Comment – 29 November 2019
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Maintaining our fun environment, as well as focusing on the development, training and progression of staff is always at the forefront of our minds. It is great to hear how this has helped you to progress

Keep up the great work
7 November 2019
Same roleSame location
Telesales (Current Employee) - Northenden
Good place to work. Fun atmosphere and friendly staff. Uncapped commission and prizes throughout the year and good work socials. Easy to progress with the company.
Comment – 29 November 2019
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's lovely to hear you enjoy the vibrant working environment and are benefiting from our uncapped commission structure.

Keep up the great work :)
8 August 2019
Same role
Telesales Advisor (Former Employee) - Hamilton
Would not go near this Company they only care about sales and could not care less about how they treat you. Its if your face fits and you have the patience to put up with some people and the job.
Pros
Trainer was nice
Cons
Official response from Verastar
29 August 2019
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review however we are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working for us here at Kinex.

Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.

We are always looking at ways to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.