Verastar Employee Review

Depressing work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester20 June 2019
If you have any mental health issues I wouldn't recommend verastar as a place to work. Within the first month of being there I had one of my worst episodes of depression that I've had in the last 5 years, they knew about this and how it would affect my moods on a daily basis yet all they seemed to care about was targets, no real support just the odd conversation here and there which always ended with being told that work still needs to be done.
Pros
Certain colleagues were great to know (EvansA)
Cons
Managent only care about targets and not worker happiness

Other Verastar Employee Reviews

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire17 June 2019
I started with Verastar in November 2018 as a gas and electric sales agent, after about 3 months I realised that this wasn't for me, this was also picked up on by managers who are more than willing to sit down with you to try and help in anyway they can. Even though I wasn't getting the hang of it they tried to encourage me to keep trying convinced I would succeed.

After the end of the 3 months I was then offered a job in the customer service department. I started this role a few weeks later, there is always plenty of training and help available as I felt a wee bit out my comfort zone going from gas and electric to telecoms and broadband.

Since starting I have now been in customer service 3 months and I have been off helping out with the new starts by floor walking which I didn't expect as I haven't been in this role long myself. It shows me that the management have confidence in me to help out others.
Pros
Monday-Friday shifts, Pay progression, quarterly bonus.
Cons
No sick pay, No overtime
Official response from Verastar
19 June 2019

Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review

It is great to hear how supportive you found your manager, and that you have found a job that is the right fit for you!

Keep up the great work :)

Great Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire17 June 2019
I've worked since May 2018 and I honestly don't have a bad word to say I've seen our Hamilton office grow so much throughout the year. If you are a determined good worker there is so many opportunity's.

From starting as a customer service advisor to now being a supervisor is a great achievement but I would not be where I am if it wasn't for the support of the management team in helping me developed the skills needed to take on my new role and really support me throughout, I couldn't be more thankful. If you have a positive attitude and want to work I feel you really do get the chance to progress as I have.

This is the first job I've worked at where there has been pay progression and it is really good for motivation to do well.

The team is great also everyone here is so easy to get along with. It doesn't feel like a normal call centre (which I really like) and its Monday-Friday and once in a blue moon a Saturday 9-1.

Also I feel they really do make an effort with us as employees, summer balls/ Christmas night outs/ incentives. Its always amazing nights out and great incentives.
Pros
Pay Progression, Quarterly bonus, Shifts
Cons
No Sick Pay
Official response from Verastar
19 June 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review

It's always great to hear employees speak so fondly of the progression and bonus opportunities that we provide!

We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your role, have the correct levels of support and are enjoying a good work-life balance.

Keep up the great work! :)