Verastar Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

difficult management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wythenshawe Estate, Cheshire28 January 2019
management were difficult to work with and very arrogant, not much support after leaving training, which included differnt departments so you didnt really learn a lot about your department
Pros
dont work weekends
Cons
management
1 February 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as we endeavour to ensure all of our employees have a positive experience selling our products. We take on board your feedback and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.

Avoid
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire15 August 2018
Hated my time at verastar, pay was terrible. Cold calling and then they moaned at you for not getting sales on your first week on the phone. Moaned at
You for not getting a sale and then they take the call of you and do it thereself and fail. Then act like nothing was wrong. After moaning and shouting at you, for the rubbish you go through wasn’t worth the pay! Only had 2 weeks training then launched on the phone. Also refused to let staff go when the days of heavy snow and red warning was issued. Said we had to get sales or they weren’t letting us leave until end of work day.

Please please avoid
Pros
Cons
Team leaders are terrible
13 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are sorry to hear of your experience at Verastar as we work hard to ensure all employees are supported and have a positive working atmosphere. If you could please contact the HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) and provide greater details so we can look into the issues raised.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Customer service advisor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 May 2018
Long hours 9-6 for such little pay. From the moment you sit down at your desk at 9 o clock the phone starts ringing and doesn’t stop until 6, literally ending a call with a customer and the phone starts ringing again straight away. You’re allowed one 40 min lunch and 2 10 min breaks, however you have to clock in and out of your phone and get told off for taking even a minute extra, very strict and school like. A lot of the managers talk down to you. A lot of what you do is just passing the problem on elsewhere which makes customers very frustrated and means you will deal with a lot of unhappy customers. The training they do is good, however it’s not really transferable to what you will actually do in the job so isn’t very useful. The large majority of the staff (including the managers) have been there less than a year, shows a high staff turnover. The progression you’re told about is a lie, there were people who were promoted and had been there a year who were on the same salary as me. If you want to be treated like a child and don’t mind talking on the phone for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, then this may be the job for you, unfortunately not for me.

Respect your staff and they may stick around, the company needs a lot more employees to deal with the amount of calls they receive and to take the work load off the ones that manage to stick around. Pay isn’t enough.
Pros
No weekends or bank holidays, water machines and free tea and coffee, location out of city centre, the training staff are good and head of customer service is lovely.
Cons
Everything else
5 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's lovely to hear your positive feedback on our training staff and customer service manager.

Although we are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience at Verastar as we strive to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. We do understand the role can demanding at times and counter balance this with our fun weekly incentives, Pizza Fridays, Star bonus scheme, alongside ongoing coaching and support.

Do not work here.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central16 April 2018
I feel like i was pushed into taking this job at the interview. Also was lied to by the manager who claimed there was no cold calling. Pretty much after listening in to calls for 2 days you are then forced onto the phones.there is no real training. Customers who you have to call are sick of hearing from you as they have been contacted/harrassed previously from the company. Regret taking this job so much! Also a very immature environment.
Pros
work hours mon-fri. Somenice workmates.
Cons
everything else!!!
5 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your experience at Verastar as we work hard to ensure all employees have a positive experience at work.

We are concerned to hear of your training as we have a comprehensive 12 week training programme in place, with the first three days in a classroom environment, daily workshops, coaching and one to ones to provide ongoing support and development. We do understand as we are open to all candidates with or without sales experience, that sales roles aren't suited to everyone. If you could please contact our HR department (HR@Verastar.co.uk) to provide greater details into your experience in order for this to be looked into.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work whilst at Verastar and wish you all the best in your future.

two months in.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Northenden5 March 2018
I had a slow start but with the right encouragement and guidance from my manager I'm now smashing deals week in week out with a pay review at the end of each month.
Pros
realistic targets
Cons
Canteen / free tea and coffee

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Verastar, it's great to hear you're enjoying the role and have benefitted from your managers guidance. We're glad you're part of our team!

Life Inside Verastar
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Northenden5 March 2018
Ive enjoyed working for verastar now for over a year and theres a lot of benefits while being here, I enjoy working the hours and not doing weekends. I have learnt a lot with my time here and enjoy the workplacae.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Canteen

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. It's great to hear you're enjoying the role and making the most of our sociable working hours. Keep up all your hard work!

very fun, lovely atmosphere, amazing people, fantastic job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 February 2018
I love my job, I have learnt so much since working here I left school in 2016 and been here ever since. I learnt things I never thought I would and my confidence and I have matured so much also my mind-set has changed so much, the workplace itself is a great place to be, very fun, great atmosphere, incentives to make you make more money everyday.
the hardest part of the job is yourself and your mind-set and how money and goal orientated to earn more, every month there is month competitions to give you the opportunities to win holidays, now TV box ec:t fantastic daily incentive's to have as well
I just love my job.
Pros
great people, great work place.
Cons
distance

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're glad you enjoy our vibrant and friendly office environment. It's fantastic you have grown in confidence, keep up the great work!

I love the changes here.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wythenshawe, Cheshire27 February 2018
Verastar is a very exciting place to work, especially with all the enhancements it has made over the last year or so. There has been a lot of benefits launched including a pay progression scheme which means I can control my own development and salary.

The company has changed a lot over the last year and now the sales department is the main focus, ensuring sales are happy and motivated to do a good job.

We now have chance to manage our own wages with the pay progression scheme, a 12 week learning plan in each level of pay progression, I was also able to buy 2 extra holidays for the year and we always get Christmas off!!
Pros
I don't have to work weekends or bank holidays!!
Cons
Longer than normal hours, it is an 8 hour day instead of 7.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're glad you're benefitting from the Pay Progression Scheme we have implemented and enjoy our sociable working hours, we're glad to have such a positive employee on board!

Nice place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 August 2017
Was a nice place to work. Learnt a lot from verastar, management there is good. Is a very sales driven company but overall I would recommend to somebody who enjoys sales
Pros
Tea and coffee
Really nice place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 September 2016
Good work enviroment, positive and enjoyable. Learned lots of new skills including rapport, persuasion techniques, pitching and closing.
Management was really good, very helpful and actually was willing to help you out.
Pros
good break and lunch system and lots of good incentives and benefits