Verastar Employee Reviews for Credit Controller

In-depth Review - Do Not Work Here
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 March 2019
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) – Manchester – 11 May 2018

Couldn't agree with the above comment more, unless you are going to be evicted from your property do not work here.

I was employed by the Internal Recruitment Manager as a Credit Controller - after 6 weeks i had to get out of there.

Although I was recruited as a Credit Controller, I quite clearly found myself being a Complaints Logger, a well-known compliant was the broadband, the worst thing was trying to log the fault on the same slow Broadband.

The training you receive for 4 weeks inst transferable to your job role you do when you get onto the floor? - I was sat in the back of the training room one session and the department head and another ops manager were sat next to me writing up how they could make the sessions better - they kept calling out the trainer on what was in the training, speaking to him like rubbish in front of the new staff and making him feel uncomfortable (expressed my feelings to him and to the other trainers - I was here 2 weeks at this point) - One day on my way to work there was a car crash at princess parkway, i called into the office so they could pass on my message - as i got into the office i was asked why i was late i explained again. At 3PM i was pulled into the office by the Head of the Department - Who explained to me that because i was like i had to fill out a form and signed it.... As i got in at 9:01 (Serious) - I told her I thought it was abit strict - i was advised by her that "HR would deal with it if I had a problem with the process"

Another incident was when
  more... I went to the toilet...

When ever you leave your desk you must press your break button...

Morning, After Lunch, dinner and toilet breaks

I went to the toilet and I was gone for 7 minutes (you get used to checking the time when you leave your desk so you make sure your back on the minute as if your not you'll know about it)

When i retuned back to the desk i took my phone off break and was about to sit down, my supervisor asked me where i had been, as she looked at me when i walked away from my desk and the toilet door was around the corner from my desk, she knew where i had been.. so i laughed and said "to the toilet?" (everyone was looking) "she then said "just to let you know if you keep pressing your break button HR will see it and they will ask you where your going" I then replied with "so do HR want me to email them when i go to the toilet?" she looked away and continued working.

It didn't help speaking to customers who were suicidal either, I once had a disabled customer who called after his business fell into liquidation and he couldn't afford administrators never mind Verastar's bills. The customer advised me that he must get about 3 calls a day from the Credit Control department, which is about right as that how the in-house system is wrote. he then advised that it was getting to much and was arguing with someone in the background. He then said he just wants to kill himself. as i was concerned for his welfare I gave my supervisor the account number and his name. 1 week later the account came up in my cards with no new actions on it. which was a couple of days before i left.

if I could leave my contact number in this review i would quite happily do so to prevent other talented people from entering this company and wanting to end there life.
Pros
Getting Paid
Cons
Head of the Credit Control Department.
Official response from Verastar
9 April 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Credit Controller, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar.

We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

Such a shame
Credit Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 March 2019
This company has the potential to be so much better!
I worked for the company for a few weeks and my honest opinions are below;
-long hours, 9-6 is just not a nice work life balance for staff neither does the call center really need to be 9-6.
-culture needs to improve, there’s no staff culture or focus, no CEO or COO input what so ever, I was there two months and never met/saw either.
-high staff turnover because they really don’t care and it’s a shame, you keep your staff happy and they will keep your customers happy, a basic fundeimental on which many successful businesses are based.
-smart dress code when it doesn’t need to be, it’s not a customer facing role so why does staff need to be in suit attire!?

Basically this company has the potential to be amazing but until they add better perks for staff and better management in place to support a better culture they are just going to have a constant turnover of people.
Pros
Cons
Work/life balance and culture
Official response from Verastar
20 March 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We appreciate the feedback regarding the working hours - however, we do like to think we offer a good work/life balance as there are no awkward shift patterns, no weekend shifts, plus we are closed on Bank Holidays and over the festive period allowing staff that much needed social time with friends and family.

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience, working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.

We take on board your feedback and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.

Good work enviorment
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Manchester2 January 2018
I worked for convergys for almost 8 years which i enjoyed the down fall was i went for a supervisor roll which i did not pass i was supposed to have been reexamined within 2 weeks but i was never approached until 5 years later there was no potential future for a senior advisor roll within the company
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lack of team motivation