Verastar Employee Reviews in Hamilton

Dreadful place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton6 November 2019
useless they don't have a clue about how to manage or about the job the staff do, so when a member of staff does ask for help, the response is I don't know and tell you to ask someone else or they'll go ask someone, only thing the managers are good at is banging on about leads! Services that they provide are rubbish, 90% of the calls are about the rubbish broadband. Please if you value your mental health then please stay away
Pros
Coffee and tea
a very fun place to work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire15 August 2019
I have worked here now for 5 months when I first started this job I never would have seen myself sitting here 5 months later, the help and support they give you for a sales job is fantastic. they always help you when you ask the management are so helpful. they do incentives witch helps make the day more fun and drives you to get the sales
Pros
lunch times vary
Cons
no sick pay
23 August 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are pleased you are enjoying your time at Verastar. Ensuring our staff have a positive and friendly working environment is key, as well as ensuring they are provided with enough support and guidance to reach their full potential.

Keep up the great work

Stay away
Telesales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton8 August 2019
Would not go near this Company they only care about sales and could not care less about how they treat you. Its if your face fits and you have the patience to put up with some people and the job.
Pros
Trainer was nice
29 August 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review however we are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working for us here at Kinex.

Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.

We are always looking at ways to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire17 June 2019
I started with Verastar in November 2018 as a gas and electric sales agent, after about 3 months I realised that this wasn't for me, this was also picked up on by managers who are more than willing to sit down with you to try and help in anyway they can. Even though I wasn't getting the hang of it they tried to encourage me to keep trying convinced I would succeed.

After the end of the 3 months I was then offered a job in the customer service department. I started this role a few weeks later, there is always plenty of training and help available as I felt a wee bit out my comfort zone going from gas and electric to telecoms and broadband.

Since starting I have now been in customer service 3 months and I have been off helping out with the new starts by floor walking which I didn't expect as I haven't been in this role long myself. It shows me that the management have confidence in me to help out others.
Pros
Monday-Friday shifts, Pay progression, quarterly bonus.
Cons
No sick pay, No overtime
19 June 2019

Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review

It is great to hear how supportive you found your manager, and that you have found a job that is the right fit for you!

Keep up the great work :)

Great Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire17 June 2019
I've worked since May 2018 and I honestly don't have a bad word to say I've seen our Hamilton office grow so much throughout the year. If you are a determined good worker there is so many opportunity's.

From starting as a customer service advisor to now being a supervisor is a great achievement but I would not be where I am if it wasn't for the support of the management team in helping me developed the skills needed to take on my new role and really support me throughout, I couldn't be more thankful. If you have a positive attitude and want to work I feel you really do get the chance to progress as I have.

This is the first job I've worked at where there has been pay progression and it is really good for motivation to do well.

The team is great also everyone here is so easy to get along with. It doesn't feel like a normal call centre (which I really like) and its Monday-Friday and once in a blue moon a Saturday 9-1.

Also I feel they really do make an effort with us as employees, summer balls/ Christmas night outs/ incentives. Its always amazing nights out and great incentives.
Pros
Pay Progression, Quarterly bonus, Shifts
Cons
No Sick Pay
19 June 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review

It's always great to hear employees speak so fondly of the progression and bonus opportunities that we provide!

We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your role, have the correct levels of support and are enjoying a good work-life balance.

Keep up the great work! :)

Avoid
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire15 August 2018
Hated my time at verastar, pay was terrible. Cold calling and then they moaned at you for not getting sales on your first week on the phone. Moaned at
You for not getting a sale and then they take the call of you and do it thereself and fail. Then act like nothing was wrong. After moaning and shouting at you, for the rubbish you go through wasn’t worth the pay! Only had 2 weeks training then launched on the phone. Also refused to let staff go when the days of heavy snow and red warning was issued. Said we had to get sales or they weren’t letting us leave until end of work day.

Please please avoid
Pros
Cons
Team leaders are terrible
13 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are sorry to hear of your experience at Verastar as we work hard to ensure all employees are supported and have a positive working atmosphere. If you could please contact the HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) and provide greater details so we can look into the issues raised.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

amazing people including managers, very caring and supportive, a lot of coaching, they are a great company to work for!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire14 March 2018
From the very first day I started I was totally made to feel welcome, the Advisors and Management made me feel as if I have been there for years. I would recommend them to anyone!
Pros
too many to mention
5 June 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's fantastic to hear you enjoy the warm, friendly office atmosphere and ongoing coaching provided.

We're glad you're part of our team!

Great company with great incentives
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire28 February 2018
Worked for Verastar in the (Clear Business Water) Hamilton branch since February 2017 and since my time there the company has helped me develop and better my skills. Joined the team with no sales experience and I am now one of the top performers within the branch after a year. If your looking for an exciting, challenging new role in sales or customer service, Verastar is a good start.
6 March 2018

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Verastar. Well done on your fantastic progression, keep up all the hard work!