Verastar

Verastar Employee Reviews

Was a great place to work on a daily basis, flexible work hours which was very suitable for my daily routine, on site gym and canteen. Professional workplace but also had a relaxed atmosphere as the office was opened planned and everyone mingled and spoke nicely to each other.
During my time at verastar I had amazing support and help towards all lifetime achievements I would recommend working at verastar for anyone amazing staff
When I first started working here, we was told in the interview and during training that we got an opinion to move into another department, we was then told without discussion that wasn’t an option and not to even really talk about how we felt and we have to move to this department and that was the end of it, the systems in the company is very old and slow you’re having to constantly apologise to customers for the “system failing” You get customers making 5-15 complaints a day regarding customer service or the company because of how poorly it’s run, it’s like a playground, everyone who works there are so young they don’t care about the job. I see a lot of employees arguing with customers (even managers and supervisors when they agree to finally take a call). It messed with my mental health being here, it’s not the best place to work. The people are nice and welcoming and some managers are friendly but it’s not somewhere you can grow inside the business and it’s draining.
Pros
Weekends and going home
Cons
Almost everything
I worked there for a while, it was overall a good experience and did help me grow and met some nice people. But some newcomers start at a higher wage then others when all of you have similar or more experience and some of the employees make you feel uncomfortable and pressure you to do really well when the training they give is lacking strength. They give a one pitch works for everyone approach but that is not the case and people have individual differences which they don't take account for.
Pros
People
Cons
Management and System
No matter how hard they tried they were just so backward in their approach! no respect for the individual, petty as heck and all the company is ran by a clique. Not an ideal place to work
Pros
free tea coffee, If you are strong enough to get to 1 year service, you get a reward scheme, thats actually really good.
Cons
This little box isnt big enough! hours, management, colleagues, the way they treat the customers, the products, the lies
Great progression opportunities whether it is through pay or team management.
The sales office is generally a fun environment with daily games in the morning and incentives throughout the working week to win prizes.

If you are willing to put the effort in, you will make money and enjoy your job here.
I have worked for Verastar for almost a year and really enjoy it also, we have just moved to a beautiful building with parking, gym, cafe and bar, which is amazing in comparison to the last building. The majority of the Managers are really suppotive whenever I’ve had any issues.
14 February 2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Its great to hear you our enjoying our new building and have had such a positive experience working at Verastar!

Keep up the great work.
Fun place to work, you can ask management any questions and they will help you. They have a 12 week progressive plan with 1-1 weekly coaching sessions to further develop your career at verastar.
22 January 2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review

We are pleased you are enjoying your time at Verastar. Ensuring our staff have a positive and friendly working environment is key, as well as ensuring they are provided with enough support and guidance to reach their full potential.

Keep up the great work!
Great place to work but can be stressful but you get a decent wage with a performance related bonus paid quarterly, very approachable management, very supportive...its more about the quality of the call than the time you spend on the call.
14 January 2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.
This is the worst place I have ever worked. It is very much a school environment, no talking to each other, not food whatsoever at desks. The job security is horrific, you got to work everyday wondering if you will still have job. Please avoid and take any other job over this.
Pros
Going home
14 January 2020
We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)
They are not very clear on what they
Expect or want until you already haven’t done it. Coaching and training poor and scare people into performing rather than coaching them. Business practices themselves must border on illegal and they have been reported to several agency’s and regulators as a result of this. If you want to keep your mental health and self respect look anywhere else.
20 December 2019
We appreciate the time you have taken to leave a review,

We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Manager, as we endeavour to ensure all staff have the correct and proper training readily available either by other members of staff or on our drive.
Most of my training group were promised roles at interview and training - then given absolutely different roles after training . This is a 1980's stuck in the past call centre. All sales focused no matter what role you apply for. Lots of fake figures float around too.No noise reduction and managers shout loudly all over pushing for a pitch or sale whilst your on the calls !!!So embarrasing !
20 December 2019

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience whilst working with Verastar as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working with us.

We are always looking at ways to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the points you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

We would like to thank you for your service.
Low paid job for the hours required. Current they are looking to reduce the hours. But your going to have to sacrifice your pay. Not worth getting involved as the only reason to stay is the people you work with. But this comes at a great cost to your mental health and your family life due to stress. Seriously not worth it. Take this from Someone with over 10 years at the company. I sincerely wish I left once I gained the knowledge to go somewhere better.
28 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future
Very good atmosphere to work in with all management pushing and supporting you to achieve and excel guiding you thought the training scheme making you feel part of the team and settle really well
28 November 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review

Keep up the great work!
Excellent company really supportive and will support anyone with the will to learn skills and excel within this environment and build team work through work social gatherings monthly on the company

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It is great to hear you are benefiting from the support and training we pride ourselves on

Keep up the great work
It’s a good company to work for.
Manager provides good training.

Even with little/no experience they will train you to do this job.

Very understandable manager who will do everything he can to help you if you’re struggling with meeting targets and and make you feel comfortable in the job.
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it is great to hear you are enjoying your time here with us. Keep up the great work! :)
I joined Kinex with no prior telesales experience, I couldn't even speak on the phone because it would make me feel awkward. I started off generating leads, the support given helped me in order to progress as I got promoted and now I cross sell telecoms and broadband to existing customers. It's fast paced but very rewarding and I've gained so much experience too. Would recommend

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Maintaining our fun environment, as well as focusing on the development, training and progression of staff is always at the forefront of our minds. It is great to hear how this has helped you to progress

Keep up the great work
Expected to arrive 30 minutes early (un-paid) for a meeting 8:30- 5:30 Monday to Friday is long hours to get paid low salary. Managers are calm just the pay is low for the hours you put in and if you don’t hit the high targets you can lose you’re job any second.
22 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience whilst working with us.
The mangers have a good laugh and joke with us all too lighten the mood with a friendly environment giving everyone a chance too be the best they could and weekly one 2 ones too improve your performance. Good working hours still have time too have a social life after work and weekends
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

It is great to hear you are enjoying the working environment. We are also happy that we do give our staff a good work/life balance with the working hours we provide; it's lovely to see that you agree.
Good place to work. Fun atmosphere and friendly staff. Uncapped commission and prizes throughout the year and good work socials. Easy to progress with the company.
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's lovely to hear you enjoy the vibrant working environment and are benefiting from our uncapped commission structure.

Keep up the great work :)
Get along with everyone in the place of work. I would recommend anyone to work here that has a great environment. Management is alright but to be honest I don’t think everyone would get along

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It is great to hear you are enjoying the fun working environment we pride ourselves on and have such a positive working relationship with your team.