Verastar Employee Reviews

Don't go there
Telesales Outbound (Former Employee) –  Northenden16 September 2019
I worked for Verastar in Norhenden. I was not there for long even though i had received an award for exceptional sales as newcomer. The work culture is none existent. You are regarded as fodder and can be dismissed for no reason. I answered request to attend an interview. When i arrived there no one knew who i was or indeed that i had a confirmed appointment.

You are expected to arrive 30 minutes early for daily meetings even though you are not paid for the extra time.

The training is a joke and you are regarded as a child even if you have vast experience as i do as salesperson of 30 years+

You are expected to achieve impossible targets with a one fits all basic script which you must adhere too. Any experienced salesperson knows every customer interaction requires adaptability to cover objections and see the sale through. However, you are not allowed to be an individual and if you stray from script during your calls you are seriously reprimanded.

I became ill and required time off for doctors appointment which was frowned upon and told quite bluntly that if i attend appointment it would seriously affect my prospects.

I was dismissed the same day i made a complaint about a co worker who was discriminating against me because of supposed gender issues. The complaint was not investigated and i was summarily dismissed with the excuse i had not achieved targets even though i was a high achiever.

Workers rights are not respected and i am totally surprised this company is still going bearing in mind the verbal abuse given out to staff before fellow co workers.

Please
  more... do yourself a good favour. Just don't go there if you are honest upright person with a good work ethic and immense enthusiasm for sales. They will destroy your faith in humanity.

There be better company's out there who treat their staff with good respect. You don't need Verastar to mess up your life.

Good luck all
Please if you value your health do not work here
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wythenshawe, Cheshire5 September 2019
I worked at verastar for there wythenhawe branch, although I can not fault the training (even though you will be treated like a pre teen back in high school) when you get unleashed into the what they call the training pod, be prepared for no support what so ever.
You will not get your pay revision, due to any lie the supervisors find. you will be expected to pick up on the favourites work as the supervisor wont ask them to do it you will be ignoored by trainers leaving dsgruntled customers on the phone for longer than possible. Their are departments who wont tak calls at all even though they should as they are the only ones qualified ( and paid more) to do the job. Lie to customers about packages sold Every call you will get will be a complaint. Wolf of wall street management
Dont waste your time
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester17 August 2019
• Very poor training
• No prospects for progression
• No appreciation for staff
• No real perks for staff
• Wage is barely above minimum wage
• Office is a joke
• Management are conceded wolf of
wall street wannabes
• Support is non existent
As you can see you should not work for this company.
29 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are concerned regarding the issues you have raised, as they go against a number of our company policies and procedures. As such, we would like to investigate all the issues you have raised as a matter of urgency. All matters will be dealt with privately and confidentially – please contact HR@verastar.co.uk as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
Verastar Team.

a very fun place to work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire15 August 2019
I have worked here now for 5 months when I first started this job I never would have seen myself sitting here 5 months later, the help and support they give you for a sales job is fantastic. they always help you when you ask the management are so helpful. they do incentives witch helps make the day more fun and drives you to get the sales
Pros
lunch times vary
Cons
no sick pay
23 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are pleased you are enjoying your time at Verastar. Ensuring our staff have a positive and friendly working environment is key, as well as ensuring they are provided with enough support and guidance to reach their full potential.

Keep up the great work

Stay away
Telesales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton8 August 2019
Would not go near this Company they only care about sales and could not care less about how they treat you. Its if your face fits and you have the patience to put up with some people and the job.
Pros
Trainer was nice
29 August 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review however we are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working for us here at Kinex.

Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.

We are always looking at ways to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

Verastar ltd
Outbound sales (Former Employee) –  Northenden23 July 2019
I learned everything I know about sales at Verastar loving caring company which give you full training and a warm welcome, I highly recommend this company.
26 July 2019

Hi,

Thank you for leaving such a positive review - it is great to hear you enjoyed your time here with us at Verastar

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work, and we do wish you every success in the future

Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester20 June 2019
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire17 June 2019
I started with Verastar in November 2018 as a gas and electric sales agent, after about 3 months I realised that this wasn't for me, this was also picked up on by managers who are more than willing to sit down with you to try and help in anyway they can. Even though I wasn't getting the hang of it they tried to encourage me to keep trying convinced I would succeed.

After the end of the 3 months I was then offered a job in the customer service department. I started this role a few weeks later, there is always plenty of training and help available as I felt a wee bit out my comfort zone going from gas and electric to telecoms and broadband.

Since starting I have now been in customer service 3 months and I have been off helping out with the new starts by floor walking which I didn't expect as I haven't been in this role long myself. It shows me that the management have confidence in me to help out others.
Pros
Monday-Friday shifts, Pay progression, quarterly bonus.
Cons
No sick pay, No overtime

Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review

It is great to hear how supportive you found your manager, and that you have found a job that is the right fit for you!

Great Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire17 June 2019
I've worked since May 2018 and I honestly don't have a bad word to say I've seen our Hamilton office grow so much throughout the year. If you are a determined good worker there is so many opportunity's.

From starting as a customer service advisor to now being a supervisor is a great achievement but I would not be where I am if it wasn't for the support of the management team in helping me developed the skills needed to take on my new role and really support me throughout, I couldn't be more thankful. If you have a positive attitude and want to work I feel you really do get the chance to progress as I have.

This is the first job I've worked at where there has been pay progression and it is really good for motivation to do well.

The team is great also everyone here is so easy to get along with. It doesn't feel like a normal call centre (which I really like) and its Monday-Friday and once in a blue moon a Saturday 9-1.

Also I feel they really do make an effort with us as employees, summer balls/ Christmas night outs/ incentives. Its always amazing nights out and great incentives.
Pros
Pay Progression, Quarterly bonus, Shifts
Cons
No Sick Pay

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review

It's always great to hear employees speak so fondly of the progression and bonus opportunities that we provide!

We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your role, have the correct levels of support and are enjoying a good work-life balance.

Keep up the great work! :)

Experience with the Company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 June 2019
You work long hours for little appreciation of your work. Archaic rules and values. Promise pay progression but will use literally any reason to reduce it or not give it to you at all. No sick pay. Quantity over quality type of environment.
Pros
Free Tea/Coffee

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working with Verastar, as we endeavour to ensure all our employees have a positive experience during their time with us.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future

Kind regards,
Verastar Team

Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 June 2019
Fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 June 2019
Good environment to work achievable targets good location . The managers are helpful if you are ever struggling they will do there best to help and even take over calls
Pros
Achievable targets
11 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!

It is great to hear how much you are enjoying your time here at Verastar - keep up the great work! :)

Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 June 2019
I love working here, there is a great atmosphere and loads of incentives! The location is great too, right in the city centre of Manchester. Would definitely recommend :)
Pros
Incentives, location, no evening or weekends
Cons
None really
11 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!

It is great to hear you are enjoying your time here at Verastar - keep up the great work :)

Productive and fun workplace
Business to business sales team member (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 June 2019
Everyone was their to help everyone, the highest members of the department will always be on the floor helping and motivating the team whilst imparting excellent information to build character and overall a very fun place to work.
Pros
Location in manchester city centre and fixed working hours
Cons
No overtime
6 June 2019

Hi,

Thank you for leaving such a positive review; it is great to hear how helpful and friendly you found everyone!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work, and we wish you well in the future

Kind regards,
Verastar

Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central, Greater Manchester22 May 2019
+ B2B Sales training & Management
+ Managing incentives
+ Generating an average of £4000 per head
+ Support call center target to achieve a revenue of £24000 Per month
+ Deliver KPI’s and Exceed the target
Pros
Lovely, challenging enviroment
Cons
Salary
24 May 2019

Hi,

Thank you for leaving such a positive review!

It is great to hear you enjoyed your time at Verastar.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you well in the future

Productive Fun & Energetic Atmosphere!
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 May 2019
Only been in the company a couple of months but so far I have loved working here. My colleagues are so friendly and made me feel welcomed from the off set.
Typical day is starting at 8:30 finishing at 5:30, fruit and coffee is included which is always a great benefit, my manager has given me support throughout my journey.
My job includes calling businesses that already have our custom and offering them additional services, which can be a challenge but that's sales & part of the job which is what I enjoy.
The starting salary could be a little higher, although there is chance to progress to earn more (plus your commission)
Pros
Free Fruit and Hot beverages, Lively atmoshere
Cons
Low salary
23 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!

It is great to hear you are enjoying your time here - and are making good use of the free fruit and hot drinks!

good job
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester20 May 2019
Everyone has a chance to grow with plenty of training and help avaliable to them .
however holidays are low therefore you run out when you have to save five days for Christmas when you cant work as they shut down
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
17.30 finish on a friday and formal wear at all times
23 May 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it is great to hear you are enjoying your time here at Verastar, and are finding the continued training helpful!

Appoint setter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 April 2019
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 April 2019
Highly recommended.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Northenden16 April 2019
I have recently joined this company at the South Manchester branch and so far it seems a great company to work for. They have been very welcoming. The training was brilliant and a good introduction to the business as a whole!
Management is relaxed and praise is given when its due!
Pros
Praise
Cons
Parking
18 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It's great to hear that the in-depth training we provide is being recognised and received so positively!

Thank you again for your feedback - Keep up the great work :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verastar. Our community is ready to answer.