Verastar
Verastar Employee Review

It’s a terrible place to work

31 August 2020
It’s a terrible place to work, I was threatened that I would be fired when I asked to change departments because I did not like the job role I had originally applied for.
30 March 2019
Credit Controller (Current Employee) - Wythenshawe, Cheshire
This business is still growing and learning, but it really needs to focus on its staff more . Not many people are happy. The hours are good Monday to Friday no bank holidays. But the pay is shocking. I've worked here well over a year and hardly advanced, but even if I get to the top pay tier at an advisor level, I'm getting way below what I can get somewhere else. And for that reason unfortunately I having to look for another job. I'll be sad to go, but I can't survive on just above national minimum wage, especially for all the hard work I do.
Working hours are 8 hours working plus an hour total unpaid breaks, unlike most call centres I've worked in where you get an hour unpaid lunch and two 10 or 15 min paid breaks.
Pros
Set hours, free tea and coffee, pizza friday, nice people
Cons
Just above national minimum wage. No progression. Feel very under appreciated. Short umpaid breaks.
9 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, although we are disappointed to hear that you feel the need to look for a new position.

We are always looking at ways to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work.
25 March 2019
Credit Controller (Former Employee) - Manchester, Greater Manchester
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) – Manchester – 11 May 2018

Couldn't agree with the above comment more, unless you are going to be evicted from your property do not work here.

I was employed by the Internal Recruitment Manager as a Credit Controller - after 6 weeks i had to get out of there.

Although I was recruited as a Credit Controller, I quite clearly found myself being a Complaints Logger, a well-known compliant was the broadband, the worst thing was trying to log the fault on the same slow Broadband.

The training you receive for 4 weeks inst transferable to your job role you do when you get onto the floor? - I was sat in the back of the training room one session and the department head and another ops manager were sat next to me writing up how they could make the sessions better - they kept calling out the trainer on what was in the training, speaking to him like rubbish in front of the new staff and making him feel uncomfortable (expressed my feelings to him and to the other trainers - I was here 2 weeks at this point) - One day on my way to work there was a car crash at princess parkway, i called into the office so they could pass on my message - as i got into the office i was asked why i was late i explained again. At 3PM i was pulled into the office by the Head of the Department - Who explained to me that because i was like i had to fill out a form and signed it.... As i got in at 9:01 (Serious) - I told her I thought it was abit strict - i was advised by her that "HR would deal with it if I had a problem with the process"

Another incident was when
 - more...
Pros
Getting Paid
Cons
Head of the Credit Control Department.
9 April 2019
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Credit Controller, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar.

We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

9 March 2019
Credit Control Supervisor (Former Employee) - Manchester, Greater Manchester
This company has the potential to be so much better!
I worked for the company for a few weeks and my honest opinions are below;

-long hours, 9-6 is just not a nice work life balance for staff neither does the call center really need to be 9-6.

-culture needs to improve, there’s no staff culture or focus, no CEO or COO input what so ever, I was there two months and never met/saw either.

-high staff turnover because they really don’t care and it’s a shame, you keep your staff happy and they will keep your customers happy, a basic fundeimental on which many successful businesses are based.

-smart dress code when it doesn’t need to be, it’s not a customer facing role so why does staff need to be in suit attire!?

Basically this company has the potential to be amazing but until they add better perks for staff and better management in place to support a better culture they are just going to have a constant turnover of people.
Pros
Cons
Work/life balance and culture
20 March 2019
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We appreciate the feedback regarding the working hours - however, we do like to think we offer a good work/life balance as there are no awkward shift patterns, no weekend shifts, plus we are closed on Bank Holidays and over the festive period allowing staff that much needed social time with friends and family.

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience, working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.

We take on board your feedback and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.