Verastar Employee Reviews

Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central, Greater Manchester22 May 2019
+ B2B Sales training & Management
+ Managing incentives
+ Generating an average of £4000 per head
+ Support call center target to achieve a revenue of £24000 Per month
+ Deliver KPI’s and Exceed the target
Pros
Lovely, challenging enviroment
Cons
Salary
Productive Fun & Energetic Atmosphere!
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 May 2019
Only been in the company a couple of months but so far I have loved working here. My colleagues are so friendly and made me feel welcomed from the off set.
Typical day is starting at 8:30 finishing at 5:30, fruit and coffee is included which is always a great benefit, my manager has given me support throughout my journey.
My job includes calling businesses that already have our custom and offering them additional services, which can be a challenge but that's sales & part of the job which is what I enjoy.
The starting salary could be a little higher, although there is chance to progress to earn more (plus your commission)
Pros
Free Fruit and Hot beverages, Lively atmoshere
Cons
Low salary
23 May 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!

It is great to hear you are enjoying your time here - and are making good use of the free fruit and hot drinks!

Keep up the great work :)

Appoint setter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 April 2019
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 April 2019
Highly recommended.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Northenden16 April 2019
I have recently joined this company at the South Manchester branch and so far it seems a great company to work for. They have been very welcoming. The training was brilliant and a good introduction to the business as a whole!
Management is relaxed and praise is given when its due!
Pros
Praise
Cons
Parking
18 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It's great to hear that the in-depth training we provide is being recognised and received so positively!

Thank you again for your feedback - Keep up the great work :)

Productive and a fun work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 April 2019
The workplace culture is great, there is a lot of time spent making sure peoples day to day experience is the best it can be by providing good incentives etc. and the office socials are amazing. Everyone is very friendly and always make time to help you when your in need. There are great training
Pros
Good incentives and commissions structure
Cons
Early start
18 April 2019

Hi,

Thank you taking the time to leave a review - it's great to hear that you enjoyed the fun environment that we pride ourselves on here at Verastar!

Keep up the great work :)

Kind regards,

Could be so much better
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Wythenshawe, Cheshire30 March 2019
This business is still growing and learning, but it really needs to focus on its staff more . Not many people are happy. The hours are good Monday to Friday no bank holidays. But the pay is shocking. I've worked here well over a year and hardly advanced, but even if I get to the top pay tier at an advisor level, I'm getting way below what I can get somewhere else. And for that reason unfortunately I having to look for another job. I'll be sad to go, but I can't survive on just above national minimum wage, especially for all the hard work I do.
Working hours are 8 hours working plus an hour total unpaid breaks, unlike most call centres I've worked in where you get an hour unpaid lunch and two 10 or 15 min paid breaks.
Pros
Set hours, free tea and coffee, pizza friday, nice people
Cons
Just above national minimum wage. No progression. Feel very under appreciated. Short umpaid breaks.
9 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, although we are disappointed to hear that you feel the need to look for a new position.

We are always looking at ways to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work.

Low or no income as Field Sales Exec.
Field Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Midlands26 March 2019
I enjoy being out in the field and selling, but only if a product is worth selling. There were friendly characters in office but the poor leads and at the time, no basic pay, commission only, started to take its toll after the second month. (* the calls are recorded but are they checked I wondered??)
I was promised between £1000 and £1500 per week depending on sales and upsales. Some weeks I earned nothing.

I'm not a liar, however, some false information was given as I checked with two BT Engineers on separate occasions. The info that the Wi-Fi connections are double connectors is untrue. I was given that information to assist the sale. Also the connection wasn't as strong as the office stated, having signed up someone I knew. They had issues with cancelling, so I found out more about the customers full experience this way.

When I had an unexpected injury, the Manager said I could come into the office instead. I wasn't insured to drive without the use of a leg! Overall if the infrastructure was more beneficial to staff and the product worked more efficiently, it could work much better for everyone. It's all a learning curve, so I know that I wouldn't work in telecoms again and wouldn't recommend working for Veristar or Kinex.
Pros
Cons
False info. Use own car & clock up miles. Promises of high salary - dont fall into the trap!!

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience whilst working for us here at Verastar.

We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

In-depth Review - Do Not Work Here
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 March 2019
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) – Manchester – 11 May 2018

Couldn't agree with the above comment more, unless you are going to be evicted from your property do not work here.

I was employed by the Internal Recruitment Manager as a Credit Controller - after 6 weeks i had to get out of there.

Although I was recruited as a Credit Controller, I quite clearly found myself being a Complaints Logger, a well-known compliant was the broadband, the worst thing was trying to log the fault on the same slow Broadband.

The training you receive for 4 weeks inst transferable to your job role you do when you get onto the floor? - I was sat in the back of the training room one session and the department head and another ops manager were sat next to me writing up how they could make the sessions better - they kept calling out the trainer on what was in the training, speaking to him like rubbish in front of the new staff and making him feel uncomfortable (expressed my feelings to him and to the other trainers - I was here 2 weeks at this point) - One day on my way to work there was a car crash at princess parkway, i called into the office so they could pass on my message - as i got into the office i was asked why i was late i explained again. At 3PM i was pulled into the office by the Head of the Department - Who explained to me that because i was like i had to fill out a form and signed it.... As i got in at 9:01 (Serious) - I told her I thought it was abit strict - i was advised by her that "HR would deal with it if I had a problem with the process"

Another incident was when
  more... I went to the toilet...

When ever you leave your desk you must press your break button...

Morning, After Lunch, dinner and toilet breaks

I went to the toilet and I was gone for 7 minutes (you get used to checking the time when you leave your desk so you make sure your back on the minute as if your not you'll know about it)

When i retuned back to the desk i took my phone off break and was about to sit down, my supervisor asked me where i had been, as she looked at me when i walked away from my desk and the toilet door was around the corner from my desk, she knew where i had been.. so i laughed and said "to the toilet?" (everyone was looking) "she then said "just to let you know if you keep pressing your break button HR will see it and they will ask you where your going" I then replied with "so do HR want me to email them when i go to the toilet?" she looked away and continued working.

It didn't help speaking to customers who were suicidal either, I once had a disabled customer who called after his business fell into liquidation and he couldn't afford administrators never mind Verastar's bills. The customer advised me that he must get about 3 calls a day from the Credit Control department, which is about right as that how the in-house system is wrote. he then advised that it was getting to much and was arguing with someone in the background. He then said he just wants to kill himself. as i was concerned for his welfare I gave my supervisor the account number and his name. 1 week later the account came up in my cards with no new actions on it. which was a couple of days before i left.

if I could leave my contact number in this review i would quite happily do so to prevent other talented people from entering this company and wanting to end there life.
Pros
Getting Paid
Cons
Head of the Credit Control Department.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Credit Controller, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar.

Such a shame
Credit Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 March 2019
This company has the potential to be so much better!
I worked for the company for a few weeks and my honest opinions are below;
-long hours, 9-6 is just not a nice work life balance for staff neither does the call center really need to be 9-6.
-culture needs to improve, there’s no staff culture or focus, no CEO or COO input what so ever, I was there two months and never met/saw either.
-high staff turnover because they really don’t care and it’s a shame, you keep your staff happy and they will keep your customers happy, a basic fundeimental on which many successful businesses are based.
-smart dress code when it doesn’t need to be, it’s not a customer facing role so why does staff need to be in suit attire!?

Basically this company has the potential to be amazing but until they add better perks for staff and better management in place to support a better culture they are just going to have a constant turnover of people.
Pros
Cons
Work/life balance and culture
20 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We appreciate the feedback regarding the working hours - however, we do like to think we offer a good work/life balance as there are no awkward shift patterns, no weekend shifts, plus we are closed on Bank Holidays and over the festive period allowing staff that much needed social time with friends and family.

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience, working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.

Surprising
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wythenshawe, Cheshire21 February 2019
I heard alot of negativity about Verastar before starting there. I have been pleasantly surprised, theyre supportive and help you get to where you need to be.
Pros
Supportive
20 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are pleased you are enjoying your time at Verastar, we pride ourselves on ensuring our staff receive enough support and guidance to reach their full potential.

Keep up the great work!

difficult management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wythenshawe Estate, Cheshire28 January 2019
management were difficult to work with and very arrogant, not much support after leaving training, which included differnt departments so you didnt really learn a lot about your department
Pros
dont work weekends
Cons
management
1 February 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as we endeavour to ensure all of our employees have a positive experience selling our products. We take on board your feedback and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.

Great Development Opportunities
Prefer not say (Current Employee) –  Manchester13 January 2019
Very poor work/life balance, and with a lot of senior staff not having worked elsewhere there is some complacency around this which doesn't make for great working environment.
As a fast paced company largely motivated by sales, it's pro's are that there is plenty of variety, and opportunity to develop if you are willing to put in the effort, and smaller teams can be very supportive.
28 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your role and take on board hyour comments around environment.
It's always great to hear employees speak fondly of the progression and opportunities that we provide.
Verastar

Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 January 2019
A great place to work , great earnings and loads of incentives!
great position in central Manchester so travelling to work is easy, Summer barbecue and Christmas party as well as loads of other fun times ( work hard play hard)
28 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review!
We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your role and are enjoying the social events we hold.
It's always great to hear employees speak so fondly of the bonus opportunities that we provide!
Verastar

Worst place ever Chester zoo would be better in the lion enclosure
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 January 2019
If I could give this 0 stars I would I’m disappointed I can’t. If you have somewhat of a brain you will not even dream of working here, however if you have the misfortune to work here then I suggest you seek pastures new. This place made me suicidal. Working 40 hours a week constantly hammered on the phone all day every day to shouting dreary customers with the same problems being passed pillar to post because none of the staff are capable enough to tackle their issues or can be bothered to. Days are bleak in this hovil most of the staff are extremely unhygienic often desks and equipment are filthy and the place reeks. Most staff are vulgar and belong in a zoo, the place is wild and is like being back at secondary school, managers are just like pupils with a voice still very unprofessional. If your leg was falling off you would be expected to come into work the next day. The pay structure is awful if you have a day off you miss out on your quarterly pay review. Breaks are short and you are not given any freedom at all it is like being in jail.
Pros
Running water, oxygen
Cons
Everything else
23 January 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as advisor as we endeavour to ensure all of our representatives have a positive experience with us and take on board your feedback.

Avoid at all costs
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 October 2018
Training was true bliss, trainers were great, everything was A OK. But as soon as we got onto the phones, you would feel as if your soul is being drained with each passing day. We worked like machines, from 9-6, and the system made it worse. Everyone had to sell 1 item a day to customers who were unwilling to buy (many called to complain + report faults, they didn't want to buy a new mobile), short breaks, minimum wage pay. The supervisors and the head of customer service are great people, regardless if you value your health avoid the place like plague.
Pros
You were getting paid
Cons
Nearly everything

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are happy that you enjoyed the training for the role - we pride ourselves on the support and training we provide to new and existing employees.

However, we are sorry to hear of your negative experience as a Customer Service Advisor, as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar.

We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

Not ideal
Retentions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sharston2 October 2018
management were very laid back and took a while to get anything that had been promised. once notice had been handed in, their behaviours and attitude towards employees completely changed and turned rather hostile.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time working for Verastar.

We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we kindly ask that you email our HR team .(HR@verastar.co.uk)
with further information on the issues raised so we can look to address them.

We thank you for your hard work whilst working with us, and wish you all the best for the future.

A dynamic powerhouse of talent!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 September 2018
A typical day is raw energy, unbridled progress-lust, unrelenting enthusiasm and unparalleled camaraderie. I continue to learn from the sheer greatness surrounding me, hoovering up knowledge through vibe osmosis. The management are so good, they could probably run the country. The people are awesome, the office culture is lively and diverse. When I go home, I miss everybody, pine the smell of the carpet and the pheromones, crave the crazy culture and yearn for the warm tingle of another successful day. Verastar makes me heroic. Heroic.
Pros
Literally everything
Cons
The very long hours don't phase me, but they do the weak

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

It's lovely to hear you enjoy the vibrant working environment and have such great working relationships with your colleagues.

Keep up the great work!

Stressful
Customer Service Advisor (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 September 2018
Management arent very understanding and expect you to attend work while you are unwell. They lie to customers constantly and expect you to do the same. They don't give you time to properly do your work and follow up customer issues and refuse to have your input on what should be done with a customers case while you are the one who hears the customers frustration. They tell you what to say on calls to lead on customers and dont let you pass calls to manager when a customer requests for this to be done

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.

We would like to confirm our aim is to always provide the best level of Customer Service. As such, we do take all customer issues seriously and seek a positive outcome for all issued raised.

We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the points you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

Avoid
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 September 2018
I worked at Verastar for 8 months.The only good thing i could think of was the training period which lasted 2 weeks. As soon as you as on the floor working they the managers treat you like you are nothing and put lots of pressure on you. If you miss one day due to illness they will make such a big deal out of it. Work life is so miserable.
Pros
water was free
17 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your work life at Verastar. We work hard to ensure all our employees have a positive experience in our offices and would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you the best of luck.