Verastar Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 October 2018
Training was true bliss, trainers were great, everything was A OK. But as soon as we got onto the phones, you would feel as if your soul is being drained with each passing day. We worked like machines, from 9-6, and the system made it worse. Everyone had to sell 1 item a day to customers who were unwilling to buy (many called to complain + report faults, they didn't want to buy a new mobile), short breaks, minimum wage pay. The supervisors and the head of customer service are great people, regardless if you value your health avoid the place like plague.
Pros
You were getting paid
Cons
Nearly everything

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are happy that you enjoyed the training for the role - we pride ourselves on the support and training we provide to new and existing employees.

However, we are sorry to hear of your negative experience as a Customer Service Advisor, as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Verastar.

We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

Not ideal
Retentions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sharston2 October 2018
management were very laid back and took a while to get anything that had been promised. once notice had been handed in, their behaviours and attitude towards employees completely changed and turned rather hostile.
24 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time working for Verastar.

We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we kindly ask that you email our HR team .(HR@verastar.co.uk)
with further information on the issues raised so we can look to address them.

We thank you for your hard work whilst working with us, and wish you all the best for the future.

A dynamic powerhouse of talent!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 September 2018
A typical day is raw energy, unbridled progress-lust, unrelenting enthusiasm and unparalleled camaraderie. I continue to learn from the sheer greatness surrounding me, hoovering up knowledge through vibe osmosis. The management are so good, they could probably run the country. The people are awesome, the office culture is lively and diverse. When I go home, I miss everybody, pine the smell of the carpet and the pheromones, crave the crazy culture and yearn for the warm tingle of another successful day. Verastar makes me heroic. Heroic.
Pros
Literally everything
Cons
The very long hours don't phase me, but they do the weak

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

It's lovely to hear you enjoy the vibrant working environment and have such great working relationships with your colleagues.

Keep up the great work!

Stressful
Customer Service Advisor (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 September 2018
Management arent very understanding and expect you to attend work while you are unwell. They lie to customers constantly and expect you to do the same. They don't give you time to properly do your work and follow up customer issues and refuse to have your input on what should be done with a customers case while you are the one who hears the customers frustration. They tell you what to say on calls to lead on customers and dont let you pass calls to manager when a customer requests for this to be done
24 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Working in such a fast-paced environment we recognise it can be a stressful environment at times, but we do try to find a balance by creating a fun and friendly environment and making sure our staff are supported.

We would like to confirm our aim is to always provide the best level of Customer Service. As such, we do take all customer issues seriously and seek a positive outcome for all issued raised.

We are always looking at way to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the points you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

Avoid
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 September 2018
I worked at Verastar for 8 months.The only good thing i could think of was the training period which lasted 2 weeks. As soon as you as on the floor working they the managers treat you like you are nothing and put lots of pressure on you. If you miss one day due to illness they will make such a big deal out of it. Work life is so miserable.
Pros
water was free
17 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your work life at Verastar. We work hard to ensure all our employees have a positive experience in our offices and would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk)

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you the best of luck.

Joke of a place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 September 2018
Really don't go here the call center manager doesn't care about staff as they see it they can fill you chair any time they have one good team leader the rest are a joke, if don't hit the target your gone you will better on jsa
Pros
Cons
Loads
13 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are disappointed to hear you haven't enjoyed your role at Verastar. We have a structured personal improvement plan for those who struggle to hit their target. If you could please contact our HR Department (HR@Verastar.co.uk) and provide further details on your experience it would be appreciated so we can look into this matter.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Avoid
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire15 August 2018
Hated my time at verastar, pay was terrible. Cold calling and then they moaned at you for not getting sales on your first week on the phone. Moaned at
You for not getting a sale and then they take the call of you and do it thereself and fail. Then act like nothing was wrong. After moaning and shouting at you, for the rubbish you go through wasn’t worth the pay! Only had 2 weeks training then launched on the phone. Also refused to let staff go when the days of heavy snow and red warning was issued. Said we had to get sales or they weren’t letting us leave until end of work day.

Please please avoid
Pros
Cons
Team leaders are terrible
13 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are sorry to hear of your experience at Verastar as we work hard to ensure all employees are supported and have a positive working atmosphere. If you could please contact the HR Department (HR@verastar.co.uk) and provide greater details so we can look into the issues raised.

Field Sales (kinex)
Field Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk13 August 2018
Promised 5 QUALIFIED appointments a day. Never got that. The appointments are supposed to be with company/business owners who can make a decision on the day to sign up with you as long as your prices are acceptable, and will have a copy of the phone bill.

I lasted here 3 days. Day one 3 appts. First appt no phone bill and couldn't remember how much she was paying. Appt 2. Only got me in to complain about the number of calls he was getting and wanted to see someone face to face. Appt 3, had bill, quoted him and signed him up. Day 2, 4 appts, sold on 3. Day 3 - 2 appts only, 1st stated he was not prepared to buy on the day and said he stated this on the phone. 2nd was not company owner and stated on phone she was not able to sign.

They make you call the office if this happens and on both occassions on the 3rd day I was told I was not doing the sales correctly because I wasn't warming them up to buy!!!!! After this last day and having 2 arguments down the phone with kids in the telsales office telling me I wasn't doing things right I don't them to stick the job.

Waiting now to see if they pay me for the 4 sales I did.
Pros
None that I can see
Cons
Not delivering the promises they make you at interview.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Field Sales Representative, as we endeavour to ensure all of our representatives have a positive experience selling our products.

We would like to confirm all of our appointments are qualified and calls are recorded and monitored to ensure they adhere to strict guidelines. We encourage you to contact our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide greater details on the point you have raised.

Dreadful company
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 August 2018
Treat their staff appallingly
Use you to get commission so they get it.
If your off sick even after you’ve qualified for commission they take it off you. As there’s two days from when they end the commission month until pay day. Convenient.
Hours are long
Staff are replaceable so if your face doesn’t fit they’ll make you go.
17 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are sorry to hear of your experience at Verastar as we work hard to ensure all employees have a enjoyable time whilst at work. We are keen to get a greater understanding of the issues you have raised, if you could please contact our HR Department (HR@Verastar.co.uk) in confidence.

Thank you for all your hard work at Verastar, we wish you all the best.

Customer service advisor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 May 2018
Long hours 9-6 for such little pay. From the moment you sit down at your desk at 9 o clock the phone starts ringing and doesn’t stop until 6, literally ending a call with a customer and the phone starts ringing again straight away. You’re allowed one 40 min lunch and 2 10 min breaks, however you have to clock in and out of your phone and get told off for taking even a minute extra, very strict and school like. A lot of the managers talk down to you. A lot of what you do is just passing the problem on elsewhere which makes customers very frustrated and means you will deal with a lot of unhappy customers. The training they do is good, however it’s not really transferable to what you will actually do in the job so isn’t very useful. The large majority of the staff (including the managers) have been there less than a year, shows a high staff turnover. The progression you’re told about is a lie, there were people who were promoted and had been there a year who were on the same salary as me. If you want to be treated like a child and don’t mind talking on the phone for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, then this may be the job for you, unfortunately not for me.

Respect your staff and they may stick around, the company needs a lot more employees to deal with the amount of calls they receive and to take the work load off the ones that manage to stick around. Pay isn’t enough.
Pros
No weekends or bank holidays, water machines and free tea and coffee, location out of city centre, the training staff are good and head of customer service is lovely.
Cons
Everything else

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's lovely to hear your positive feedback on our training staff and customer service manager.

Although we are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience at Verastar as we strive to ensure all our employees have a positive experience with us. We do understand the role can demanding at times and counter balance this with our fun weekly incentives, Pizza Fridays, Star bonus scheme, alongside ongoing coaching and support.

Wouldnt reccomend to anyone
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sharston21 April 2018
Poor managers
Bad attitude from managers
They don't help you when you need it..
Training was poor
Forced to go on the phone's even if your struggling.
When a customer complains they tell you to deal with it even if your not trained in complaints

Wouldn't recommend anyone working here. This place makes you feel down and makes you not want to work

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working in our Customer Service department as we strive to ensure all employees have a positive experience.
If you could please contact our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) and provide greater detail on the issues you referred to in your review in order for us to look into the problems you encountered. We take all feedback onboard and are continuously looking to improve.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and wish you every success in your future endeavors.

Do not work here.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central16 April 2018
I feel like i was pushed into taking this job at the interview. Also was lied to by the manager who claimed there was no cold calling. Pretty much after listening in to calls for 2 days you are then forced onto the phones.there is no real training. Customers who you have to call are sick of hearing from you as they have been contacted/harrassed previously from the company. Regret taking this job so much! Also a very immature environment.
Pros
work hours mon-fri. Somenice workmates.
Cons
everything else!!!

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your experience at Verastar as we work hard to ensure all employees have a positive experience at work.

We are concerned to hear of your training as we have a comprehensive 12 week training programme in place, with the first three days in a classroom environment, daily workshops, coaching and one to ones to provide ongoing support and development. We do understand as we are open to all candidates with or without sales experience, that sales roles aren't suited to everyone. If you could please contact our HR department (HR@Verastar.co.uk) to provide greater details into your experience in order for this to be looked into.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work whilst at Verastar and wish you all the best in your future.

Draconian
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 April 2018
Not a great place to work! People are great but company philosophy is poor. Bonuses are weak and the conditions are dated! No room for progression and stale
Pros
Quarterly bonus
Cons
Poor pay

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's great to hear praise for your colleagues as we think our work force is fantastic too!

We are sorry you don't feel you can recommend the company as we are proud of the progression we offer and strive to continuously improve, we are happy to announce we have recently introduced a restructured bonus scheme benefitting managers. As your review shows you are a current employee we would like to encourage you to contact the HR department in confidence (HR@verastar.co.uk) to arrange a meeting in order for you to discuss your concerns and recommendations.

Thank you for your ongoing hard work!

amazing people including managers, very caring and supportive, a lot of coaching, they are a great company to work for!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire14 March 2018
From the very first day I started I was totally made to feel welcome, the Advisors and Management made me feel as if I have been there for years. I would recommend them to anyone!
Pros
too many to mention

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's fantastic to hear you enjoy the warm, friendly office atmosphere and ongoing coaching provided.

We're glad you're part of our team!

Life Inside Verastar
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Northenden5 March 2018
Ive enjoyed working for verastar now for over a year and theres a lot of benefits while being here, I enjoy working the hours and not doing weekends. I have learnt a lot with my time here and enjoy the workplacae.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Canteen

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. It's great to hear you're enjoying the role and making the most of our sociable working hours. Keep up all your hard work!

Great company with great incentives
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, South Lanarkshire28 February 2018
Worked for Verastar in the (Clear Business Water) Hamilton branch since February 2017 and since my time there the company has helped me develop and better my skills. Joined the team with no sales experience and I am now one of the top performers within the branch after a year. If your looking for an exciting, challenging new role in sales or customer service, Verastar is a good start.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Verastar. Well done on your fantastic progression, keep up all the hard work!

Fun energetic place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester28 February 2018
I came in to the business almost 4 years ago, I never thought that sales would be my thing. I took to it like a duck to water. I was trained in a way that was adapted to the way I learn being a kinaesthetic learner. Our department is very family orientated environment. It's also great place to develop your skills and move up the ladder if it is a career in sales that your looking for. Work hard and get rewarded for your hard work and dedication. Senior management can be very adaptable with personal situations which helps to manage your working day and mindset.
Pros
Bonuses, cash incentives and prizes to be won every month there is not limit to what you can win.
Cons
Sometimes it can be a bit of an immature environment.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're glad you've benefitted from the coaching and support provided and enjoy the warm, friendly office environment. Well done on your continued progression and development, keep up the great work!

very fun, lovely atmosphere, amazing people, fantastic job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 February 2018
I love my job, I have learnt so much since working here I left school in 2016 and been here ever since. I learnt things I never thought I would and my confidence and I have matured so much also my mind-set has changed so much, the workplace itself is a great place to be, very fun, great atmosphere, incentives to make you make more money everyday.
the hardest part of the job is yourself and your mind-set and how money and goal orientated to earn more, every month there is month competitions to give you the opportunities to win holidays, now TV box ec:t fantastic daily incentive's to have as well
I just love my job.
Pros
great people, great work place.
Cons
distance

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're glad you enjoy our vibrant and friendly office environment. It's fantastic you have grown in confidence, keep up the great work!

I love the changes here.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wythenshawe, Cheshire27 February 2018
Verastar is a very exciting place to work, especially with all the enhancements it has made over the last year or so. There has been a lot of benefits launched including a pay progression scheme which means I can control my own development and salary.

The company has changed a lot over the last year and now the sales department is the main focus, ensuring sales are happy and motivated to do a good job.

We now have chance to manage our own wages with the pay progression scheme, a 12 week learning plan in each level of pay progression, I was also able to buy 2 extra holidays for the year and we always get Christmas off!!
Pros
I don't have to work weekends or bank holidays!!
Cons
Longer than normal hours, it is an 8 hour day instead of 7.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're glad you're benefitting from the Pay Progression Scheme we have implemented and enjoy our sociable working hours, we're glad to have such a positive employee on board!

Fantastic Sales Team
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 February 2018
If you are money motivated and target driven, then this is the place to be. It has a really fun and energetic atmosphere with lots of different things going on.
Last month 1 of the sales advisors won £1000 holiday which was great unfortunately it wasn't me that won it.

Great working hours Monday to Friday 8:30-5-30, however you don't really make calls till approx. 9:15.
The managers take you through a new and different training programme every morning and they also have a training and development team to help along side it.
Pros
Fun and vibrant office, free tea and coffee and lots of competitions.
Cons
No overtime

Hi,

Thanks for your fantastic review. We're glad you're enjoying your role in our enthusiastic and vibrant office, we wish you good luck in winning the next competition!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verastar. Our community is ready to answer.

Verastar Reviews by Location