Veolia
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Veolia Employee Reviews

United Kingdom517 reviews
Productive work place
Enjoyed working, while I was there i worked with a number of different employees, learnt new skills what I wouldn’t have if didn’t secure the position
21 May 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.

We appreciate hearing about your personal experience with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed working for Veolia and learnt lots of new skills.

We wish you all the best for your future.
The hardest part is fitting in close knit Famliy and friends
Fitting in is a problem Famliy & friends half of them wouldn't get a job there on their own merit, there's alot of two faced people with problems of their own self, Folks who work there are bullies, long term servers constantly click watching you teamwork dose nit exist
Pros
Coffee breaks decent works uniform etc
Cons
Additional overtime
Fake interviews - be aware.
this company has a bunch of rather dummy hr people and managers that can waste your time. Interviews appeared to be fake and they invite people just to make up the numbers. Ask them to pay travel expenses and the whole lot of the goes mad! Its the worst personnel ever so try to avoid working with them at all costs and and save your selves having to deal with idiots there.
21 May 2020
Hi. We are disappointed to read your review. Our roles have high numbers of applications, we do not under any circumstances organise fake interviews. We do not have a company policy that suggests we cover costs for travel expenses, this is down to the individual. We believe strongly that treating people with respect is of utmost importance, hence it being one of our core values here at Veolia. We wish you the best of luck for your future.
covid-19
even though government has announced companies to be allowed to carry over upto 4 weeks holiday over next 2 yrs, veolia has told us we must use all holidays by end of year, also forced us to take wks hol by june giving us no choice. great thank you to keyworkers.disgusted to work for them anymore!!!
Hi, thank you for your review.

At Veolia we have taken many steps to support our employees during these unprecedented times. In relation to annual leave, we have communicated that it is still important that our employees are able to take time away from work to rest and relax. As a result of the measures we have put into place, we are confident that our employees should be able to take their annual leave entitlement during this holiday year in the vast majority of cases.

Thank you for being part of Veolia, we hope you continue to work with us in the future.
Ok if you are one of the favourites
Salary was good. Culture of the office was bad. Constantly felt like i was being checked up on and most of my colleagues felt the same. Only listened to if you were a fave of the boss.
Hi, thank you for your review.

We are delighted to hear that your salary was good. We are disappointed to hear of your cons and we do not tolerate any unfair behaviour at Veolia. We encourage a good culture throughout the organisation.

Thank you for being part of Veolia, we wish you all the best for your future.
Stressful management very poor
Very poor management get pulled from pillar to post one manager tells you to do one thing and another tells you something else always stressed out with the job no structure
Hi, thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear that your personal experience with us was not a positive one. We have policies and procedures in place to protect employees from unfair behaviour. We do advise that you contact your local HR representative to discuss the issues you are facing. We will also pass on your feedback to the relevant team in HR.

Work camp
Worst experience ever, money, safety, work culture, managment. If you want to ruine your day, go there, satisfaction guaranteed. Go go Veolia, won't forget you :)
Hi, thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear that your personal experience with us was not a positive one. We aim to ensure that all employees are happy and satisfied at Veolia, so we are dissappointed to hear your comments.

We wish you all the best for your future.
A bad company to work for
The worst place I have EVER worked. Very high stress. Forced to do overtime without pay. Upper management constantly making you feel that job is not safe unless you do exactly what they say even if it's the wrong procedure to do and then they blame you for making a mistake
Hi, thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear that your personal experience with us was not a positive one. We have policies and procedures in place to protect employees from unfair behaviour. We will take your feedback on board as we want to give all of our employees the best possible experience.

Thank you for being part of Veolia, we wish you all the best for your future.
Veolia
Pro lovely people to work with
Very social spot talent and are willing to grow talent.

Cons poor management for AP and AR Unrealistic deadline and unpaid overtime. Pay is awful.
7 May 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.

We appreciate hearing about your personal experience with us. We are delighted to hear your positive comments. We are pleased that employees are aware of the progression opportunities available to them. In regards to your cons, we will feedback your comments.

Was good job
Was in charge of emptying bins on a daily basis. And do my job to a standard. Helping the public out and making sure all waste was collected safe for public and myself. And to ensure the public was safe from any hazards that may occur while working.
7 May 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working for us. Thank you for your hard work and ensuring that yourself, colleagues and the public were kept safe at all times.

Corrupt management
Company promotes they are this singing and dancing company when they actually are the complete opposite.. some not all bent management - no support, discriminating
Perks canteen onsite and people who work their
27 April 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy working with us. In regards to your cons, we do have dedicated support teams and processes in place to help all employees deal with any challenges they face.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with your colleagues and the onsite canteen.

Wonderful Colleague
I enjoyed every moment I worked at veolia, friendly colleague, good managements, had my own space, dress code was business casual and very calm Environment
Hi, thank you for your review.

We appreciate hearing about your personal experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed every moment working at Veolia and all of your positive feedback!

Hgv driver
Worked in hazardous tanker division,the thrower that’s in charge down in midlands is a total Walter Mitty full your head with lies and try and shut the transport division down that you operate out,while the work gets sub contracted out to his chosen contractor!!!!!! So stay clear of that division.
Hi, thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. In regards to your cons, we do have dedicated support teams and processes in place to help all our employees deal with any challenges they face. We will take your feedback on board as we want to give all of our employees the best possible experience.

We wish you all the best for your future.
Veolia were and are excellent
Working for veolia has ups and downs but the staff were and are all brilliant they help each other and don’t judge on mistakes just try to find the positives.
Pros
Great team spirit
Cons
Sometimes away from home to long
Hi, thank you for your review.

We are delighted to hear that you feel Veolia are excellent. It is great to know that you felt the staff are brilliant and that there is great team spirit. We will take your feedback on board.

Great job
Great group of people easy to get on with can be hard work but if you crack on with it you can get to have a day to yourself. I would recommend the job.
14 April 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.

We appreciate hearing about your personal experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy your job and would recommend it. It's great to hear positive feedback!

Corporate but interesting
A typical day focused on website management, creating social media campaigns and content development. It offered a good insight into the destination of products at the end of the life-cycle.
14 April 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.

We appreciate hearing about your personal experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you found your role interesting and that you gained good knowledge during your time with us as a Communications Intern.

Sometimes stressful
Good multi national company with excellent workers 'rights' (sick pay etc) owned by the French, so has great benefits and they look after their workforce!
Pros
Hoilday allowance
Cons
Long hours. Some stressful situations! Working alone!
Hi, thank you for your review.

We appreciate hearing about your personal experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you feel Veolia is a good company with excellent working rights. We want all of employees to have the best possible experience with us, therefore we will take your feedback on board.

Racist to the core
A great place to work for and develop your career if only management were transparent and fair.

Racism and discrimination are deeply entrenched it its management system.
Hi, thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear you feel Veolia is a great place to work and develop your career. We are dissappointed to hear your feedback in regards to racism and discrimination as we do not tolerate this kind of behaviour at Veolia. We have policies in place to protect employees from this kind of treatment and our 'expect respect' campaign should allow all employees to report any issues. We will take your feedback on board as we want to give all of our employees the best possible experience.

We wish you all the best for your future.
All employees work extremely hard to ensure that the allocated tasks and roles are completed. As such, the workforce are lovely and ensure that everyone works as a team.
Hi, thank you for your review.

We appreciate hearing about your personal experience with us. It is great to know that the hard work of our employees does not go unnoticed. We are pleased to hear that you feel the workforce are lovely and that everyone works as a team!

We wish you all the best for your future.
Not a supportive Company to work for, very much a blame culture. Employees undervalued.
If I had my time over, wouldn't work for this Company. They do not consider their employees at all. Everything is black or white. Management are generally not very supportive.
Pros
Cons
Very early start (0600) on the road.
25 March 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.

We are disappointed to hear about your experience with us. We care deeply about our employees. We try to ensure that they are happy at work and feel well supported. We will take your feedback on board.

Hard work
Intensive work.Learn how to work in a team. The collective was friendly.The guides were great. I was very happy with the job and met a lot of great people.
17 March 2020
Hi, thank you for your review.

We appreciate hearing about your personal experience with us. It is great to hear that you learnt how to work in a team, that you were happy with the job and met a lot of great people. We want all employees to have a great experience with us.

We wish you the best for your future career.