Veolia Employee Reviews

Management need complete overhaul
driver/operator (Former Employee) –  Avonmouth, Bristol12 October 2018
The place is as sour as you can get.
Your so called workmates will stitch you up any chance they get, some are clearly favoured and never do extra work and get away with vehicle damages, speeding etc, management are appalling at their job and will suspend or sack for the smallest of things, not approachable, will blame you for their mistakes and make a point of it
No job satisfaction at all, the fleet is old and break down constantly, management have no idea how to do the job, 1 in particular is on a major power trip, routes are not thought out, they WILL NOT consult the drivers about anything, you can not approach them with any issues you may have, deliberately keep you in longer than needed.
They have on-board computers on trucks yet still give you the paperwork which is the same and must be completed, sent out blind on routes with bad instructions for locations, risk assessments are done by reps who clearly have no idea potentially putting drivers/operators at risk
The site is poor and have no regards for safety of your personal vehicles, nails are all over the road leading to the car park but you going on site is at your own risk
Pros
Pay
Cons
everything else, literally
Great colleagues, poor career progression
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 October 2018
Head Office Review

-Serious biased towards french colleagues for career progression

-Poor prospects if you are wanting to change your role to work in a different area

- Some corrupt practices with recruitment/ HR

-Excessive spending in management for non essentials, money that could be paid as bonuses or better salaries

-No bonus's available to many staff/ no goal or career progression planning

- I worked in 4 teams while i was with the company, one was extremely unpleasant environment with a lot of gossip, another however had a great team attitude and great training.

- lack of consistency and policy for different teams. I.e. one team would get a lot of team training whereas another wouldn't

- I wanted to move into a different department, there was a vacancy for a role on a much lower level and salary than mine but I wanted a career change. I was told by the manager recruiting 'you don't have the experience/' This put me off applying. Ironically I managed to get a similar but higher paid more senior job with another company and was later contacted by a recruiter trying to put me forward for an interview in that team in a more senior job! I said no thanks
Pros
Free lunches some nice colleagues
Cons
Overworked, long house, corruption, no bonus unless senior, bias towards management development
good company to work for
Refuse Collector (Former Employee) –  London6 October 2018
good place of work
friendly management
great work place culture
worst part is working in bad weather
best part is job and finish
i learned good team skills
Pros
job and finish competitive pay
Cons
working in bad weather conditions can lead to long hours
Boring job and bad management
Recycling Operative (Former Employee) –  Alton, Hampshire4 October 2018
you could be dieing and they would still expect you to come into work. There is a lack of care for workers health and safety and all the management care about is getting the work out not caring about the quality. The pay is poor and the workers are treated unfair. In the summer you are stood in a metal box without any water or air con. Somebody passed out because of the working conditions.
Pros
Cons
money, work, management, breaks, health risks
Poor market place image - Poor culture and leadership.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom25 September 2018
Veolia Hull are a shell of the business they used to be and the cracks are spreading across what remains. Managers at the helm are simply not good enough.
If you have any morals and want to make a difference .... stay well away!
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long hours..no support..poor leadership.. poor safety practices..
great place to work
Site Electrical team Leader / Authorising Engineer (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire25 September 2018
Good company not bad money as they are contractors I worked at Macclesfield Astra Zeneca sites and enjoyed my time there
I found the management very good and reasonable had no issues with them it was more the travel time I could influence the company on High voltage safety
Pros
good level of service
Cons
no control over hours worked
Best place to work.......On site
Standby (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire10 September 2018
Cannot stress this enough.....Stay Away
Bullying throughout.Was on sick leave manager called everyday to see if I was ready to return to work.Manager also threatened me with the sack if I didn't tear up sick note.
Few workmates were also bullies,when brought up to management Nothing was done.
Pros
Working on site
Cons
Bad management, bad pay, no bonuses when other contractors were getting them
Becoming too big a company to successfully engage with its employees.
Manager (Former Employee) –  England22 August 2018
Company growth strategy has impacted employee motivation with a number of well respected and long term employees departing.The HR structure has recently been changed with a number of new employee relations managers joining the business who have no experience of the industry and are not being inadequately directed potentially impacting the company's engagement strategy.
Pros
Good terms and conditions including salary levels.
Cons
Modern management proclamation delivered by prehistoric managers.
Waste of time
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire15 August 2018
There is no communication with manegment, all they care are numbers. Company run on bare minimum, trucks got difects for about 6 mouths or more. Some drivers working Monday to Friday are on more money then drivers on the shift pattern 4on2off and you have to work almost every weekend for less!!
Cons
No communication, not good rates
Worked at Veolia for 10 years
Various (Former Employee) –  Various14 August 2018
Overall a positive experience but felt like I was treated like a number when I left.
Had chance of advancement eventually but had seen others offered qualifications in respective fields.
Salary was good/ competitive and colleagues were largely easy to get on with
work place
Recycling Operative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield13 August 2018
I was working at a Veolia site in forest town Mansfield as agency staff

Monday to Friday consists on picking out recycling on a conveyor belt by hand and placing the material in various containers. hardest part of the jobs is that drug needles can be found.
Pros
free car park
Cons
standing on your feet eight and a half hours a day
Disgrace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire1 August 2018
BADLY RUN BY FOOLS!!! Be aware don’t BE fooled treated like dirt health and safety only used when it suits them very old and dangerous fleet very high turnover of staff not many happy faces whilst I was there glad to of moved on
Pros
Cons
Very bad management
Good Company to work for
Contract Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South East30 July 2018
They help your personal development and are always willing to help you improve, they are also very supportive. The only negative is I believe they have outgrown their boots
Pros
great personal development
Cons
company outgrown its boots
Give these a miss
Operative (Former Employee) –  Wales26 July 2018
Management acted like school kids, superviser doesn't understand the word team, felt like it was them against me. Left to do your job, but didn't last. With the people I was working with couldn't be bothered they left stuff for me, but i wasn't aloud to do it to them. You get told at interview it includes weekends, but told you don't have to do them. Then your told every fortnight. Far to much contradicting going on.
Veolia
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Birmingham16 July 2018
My role would involve working alongside a team of customer support advisors dealing with issues that have occured with customers. Would respond to emails or phone calls. Management was excellent, team members excellent.
Pros
Good work mates
Cons
Loved working here really relaxed and fun
Transport Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dewsbury10 July 2018
Best place I have ever worked loved working with my colleagues even though it was sometimes stressful it was balanced out with a relaxed atmosphere and a bit of fun
Only left due to salary is poor
Pros
Free drinks and fruit
Cons
Low pay
Management are a joke
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chilton dirham20 June 2018
Veolia is not a bad company to work for just some of the managers think they are the godfather the way they conduct there selfs. The way they bully and mock lower members off staff at one of there bio mass plants is ridiculous how they are getting away with it i do not no i would say stay well clear!!!!
Cons
Generally good company to work for.
Site Foreman (Current Employee) –  London20 June 2018
Good company with great training opportunities. 6am start, 24hr operation. management variable (lots of departments and even more managers) Company is very big on health and safety and all training is given. Hardest part of the job is working in all weathers all year round. best part is meeting so many good people.
Pros
Good training oppertunities
Cons
not much reward for loyalty.
Evolving workplace and recently taken over local company
Transport Manager (Current Employee) –  North Wales18 June 2018
Recent take over of a local company and a positive transferring period ahead. Very focused on H&S and procedures in all aspects. Polite and knowledgeable managers at all levels, new pc systems take some getting used to. Very staff friendly and opportunities to advance.
Pros
Potentially a good company to work at
Hard work
Area Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire23 May 2018
Great company to work for with some excellent staff. A typical day consist of dealing with customers and arranging collection of waste. Management are helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.