Ventrica

Ventrica Employee Reviews

United Kingdom63 reviews
I work on inbound calls only and it's a very slow job especially during the weekends. I've never worked in a call centre before. They could do with utilising their staff more between calls
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Shifts and weekend working
Working at Ventrica was like being back at school. You are expected to put your hand up if you go to the toilet and when you do, they dock your wages. A particularly nice touch.

Of course, when you work past the end of shift, stuck on a call, you are expected to do that for free. It must save them thousands off the payroll every month.

You are tied to a desk and expected to answer phone call, after call, 5 days a week. It is dull, soul destroying and depressing work. It messes with your mental health.

Your opinion is not asked. Your ideas are not asked for you. You are just a number there. You have no value. Just a unit of production. Management have the monopoly on all ideas and wisdom. They click their fingers and you say: How high?

You are paid the minimum wage, because they can get away with it, You are expected to sell and meet targets with zero reward for your efforts.

The benefits? Free apples and a some discounts in local shops. The infamous massage, well you might get one, if your are lucky and your boss decides you can have one.

They did do a staff survey during Lockdown but the results were never published. They did some woke virtue signalling in Mental Health Week which seemed to be all about how everybody else can help you but not how Ventrica will help you. You even got an opportunity to speak to the Head of HR and COO - who had zero involvement with the staff pre-Covid. Of course, it was all HR hot air and waffle. When I needed their help, they weren't interested and I didn't get paid, when I needed time off..

Still, the invisible
 - more...
Pros
Going home
Cons
Being there
Working at this place was the absolute worst. The only good thing was the couple of friends I made!

There is a lot of favouritism from management - this shows in the fact that if you are friends or sleeping with management you get the benefit of the better shifts (even though it was supposed to be shared out so everyone got a share of all shift patterns), you get to spend every shift on the chat service rather than calls (again this should have been shared out between everyone to make it fair, holiday being accepted and another persons not even if the “favoured” person put their holiday in after the other, the “favoured” ones being allowed to browse the internet on non work related sites but everyone else got told off for it, etc.

Management are lazy, they don’t reply to emails you have sent them via the in-office emails, they don’t like dealing with customers even when the customer is shouting and screaming to talk to a manager, instead they would rather let their staff deal with being shouted at.

Management make mistakes which you pay for but if you make a mistake they will make you feel like you did it on purpose and not listen when you try to explain, talking over you.

Management and staff will gossip about you - even after you’ve left.

Honestly, unless there really is nothing else - don’t bother working here.

It’s a shame because the CEO is a really lovely guy and could have a great business if could find better management staff!
Pros
Friends you can make.
Cons
Management mainly.
This place is absolutely terrible. So poorly organised it’s honestly a joke, this is realised when you first start your ‘training’. Never have I met a team of managers that feel they are so above everyone and are so fake, they’re basically fuelled on gossip. I can’t even begin to count the amount of times I’ve been bullied by managers then have them tell me I’m being too sensitive; their behaviour is overwhelmingly horrid. You're deemed a robot expected to work ridiculously long hours (I would regularly be asked to work 11 hour days) which obviously would lower morale and productivity working that long for so many days. But, don't forget, you're Ventrica's robot so if your productivity even slightly dips below their expectations you are almost always punished too severely. I would honestly dread going in before every shift and the job definitely worsened my mental health. Do not work here, from the way they operate to the way they treat their staff, Ventrica should cease to exist.
Cons
I worked for this company for 2 years. In those 2 years, I developed serious mental health issues and Ventrica had a big part to play in this. The staff just gossip about everyone behind their backs but will be nice to your face. Management will gossip about you behind your back loud and clear for other employees to hear but expect them to say nothing because frankly, they daren't. Managers wont allow you to take a moment and will scream across the floor to pick up those calls and drive those CSAT's. Since moving on, I understand that CSAT's are important for a company, but they take no consideration into their employees. They wont care if they're overwhelmed and instead will tell you during your 121's that you're too sensitive and this is business. No other company I have worked for has been like this and when I tell them about my experiences at Ventrica, they are truly shocked! I'm dont worry about avoiding this company, it will give you some experience, but be prepared to be spoken about all the time, be prepared that you will have off days and no one will care. Dont even think of taking a sick day otherwise it will forever be used against you.
Was generally alright except for the odd terrible customer but that's common for most call centre work. People were kind and helpful, especially considering the stress of the busy period.
Pros
Good resources and benefits
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Micro managed, unprofessional, unflexible, give them an inch and they take a mile. No personal life taken into consideration. Only good things is the people you work with.
For me personally, the most enjoyable part of the day was speaking to customers over the phone, solving their problems and queries.
Management team were always helpful and making sure you was ok.

The workplace culture is very organised with work ethics, graphs, achievements, core values, whiteboard sessions. The office was open plan which made working their easier. The hardest part was when it was busy it was manic and hard to find free management for help.
The management needs to be reviewed, they don't know what to do because they never sure about what could happen next.
They don't care about the employees.

Especially one manager, that is inhuman and fake and protected by the HR team and the CEO.

But overall there are great people you can work with.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ventrica?
Unfair shifts given out not considering personal circumstances even if you are willing to be flexible unfortunately they were not. Management too young to deal with older staff.
I have never worked in such an unprofessional, negative and unhealthy environment.

Very unorganised, no guidance and serious lack of training, this results in employees being in tears on the phones as they are clueless to what they are doing.

An ‘hour’ lunch, except you can’t log off your computer until the time your lunch begins, you then have to go to your locker to collect your belongings, cloakroom to collect your coat and then queue to log out of the building via finger print, you then have to be logged back on an hour from the time you have logged off of your computer... this doesn’t allow for an hours break!

CLEAR favouritism, employees are treated very differently, a lot of gossiping and hostility between certain groups of people, including MANAGERS AND TRAINERS!

The managers here are bullies, the people training you are miserable and hate their managers and very openly hate their jobs and the company they work for.

Employees and other staff members are openly discussed between managers in front of other employees.

The pay is terrible, really terrible. The job is boring and mundane, no progression and no acknowledgment for hard work.

Managers shouting at employees and generally being rude and unhelpful is simply accepted within this work place.

0 Job security and a very high turn over of staff (this speaks volumes?!)

Unhygienic work environment, every one moves seats regularly and head sets are shared amongst every one.

You are only allowed to consume hot/cold drinks that are made in a VENTRICA bottle.... that YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE?!?!
 - more...
Cons
I really liked this job but when my contract ended I was tod I could come back for another campaign. Rang HR to see how application was going and told that I'd been unsuccessful and what's more I can never apply there again. Has had a very detrimental effect on my mental health Always polite to clients, never took time off, never ever late. Why was I treated like this?
Absolutely not your typical call centre. Colleagues and management are so lovely - provided, of course, that you work hard and do a good job. Great environment as well. Clean, modern facilities.
First place I’ve ever worked and felt really settled in, everyone on the department I worked in were friendly and became friends with mostly everyone I spoke to. Most of management were lovely as well, could have a laugh with them, however they could do better at being organised and remembering to do what they say. Always planning nights out and drinks and the office is fairly chilled out. Don’t get too settled if you are on a Temp contract though as they won’t tell you whether they are keeping you or not until a few days before your contract date is up (and they most likely won’t be keeping you).
It's a difficult place to work. The management staff, in all areas of the company, have a very forced Bubbly Personality and rictus grin 24/7, all whilst their eyes cry "Help me, get me out of here".

My first few days here were quite pleasant. But that's because we were shielded from the real work. That real work is relentless misery, or relentless misery plus hard sales if you're placed on a premium brand.

The customer service staff are openly treated like dirt. A free apple or brief massage (which you can't enjoy as it's done whilst you're still at your desk wearing your headset) doesn't stop this place being a horror. The majority of long term staff I spoke to survived by sinking into the numbness of deep depression.

It's worth knowing all employees here get a bonus for recommending new staff, which is why you often see random people on Facebook telling strangers "Come work at Ventrica, it's great!".

The wages are far too low for the work. Entry level supermarket jobs pay better, have better conditions and are friendlier places to work. Don't put yourself through Ventrica unless you really have no other option.
I love being a part of this company. The management are fair, professional, supportive and fun. This is the ideal work place to be. I felt comfortable at all times and the mangers were extremely approachable The training was informative, professional and fun too. The challenge was the magnet for me, to resolve customers problems and make them happy.
I have never worked somewhere that has made me walk out within two weeks.

The stress is not worth it for a job that pays so badly. Just go get a job in aldi or lidl. Less stress and they pay more.
DONT obtain a part time position the salary far to low. Remember parking/petrol or bus/train expenses. Plus the hours, my shift started at 7am one day a week that means a 5.50am wake up to get to office before the shift starts. And every other Saturday I had to work, due to the up come to Christmas no parking so bus transport only. Its not worth the aggravation knowing how little you get in your pocket.
At the beginning everyone will be saying I like it. After a few weeks you will hate it. Organisation skills are absolutely chaotic. Rules only apply when manager on shift wants to. Trend is to hire young staff who don't know their rights and just do as they told and at a very low wage. All smiley and nice acting professional when clients come round but no clue what happens or rather not happens behind the curtains.
I would not recommend to anyone with a bit of self respect as this job will leave you with depression.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Unpredictable routa, incompetent management, ...
From the start they are dishonest. I told them at the interviews that I was looking for permanent contracted work, which they promised, only to find after 1 week of training, that the contract was zero hours casual basis. Spoke to Managers, who guaranteed solid employment opportunity, which was untrue. I suffered with my mental health, working there and they ended my contract early.
Ventrica has a friendly, polite atmosphere. There are benefits such as free fruit Wednesdays and a free massage if we need it. During the hot weather, our kind boss pays for Rossi ice cream. The offices are light and air conditioned, and the chairs are very comfortable. I have worked there for four years and am very happy.