Ventrica Employee Reviews

Professionalism 0 to nil
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southend, Essex15 October 2019
At the beginning everyone will be saying I like it. After a few weeks you will hate it. Organisation skills are absolutely chaotic. Rules only apply when manager on shift wants to. Trend is to hire young staff who don't know their rights and just do as they told and at a very low wage. All smiley and nice acting professional when clients come round but no clue what happens or rather not happens behind the curtains.
I would not recommend to anyone with a bit of self respect as this job will leave you with depression.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Unpredictable routa, incompetent management, ...
Worst place I've ever worked!
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southend7 October 2019
From the start they are dishonest. I told them at the interviews that I was looking for permanent contracted work, which they promised, only to find after 1 week of training, that the contract was zero hours casual basis. Spoke to Managers, who guaranteed solid employment opportunity, which was untrue. I suffered with my mental health, working there and they ended my contract early.
Pleasant work environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend21 September 2019
Ventrica has a friendly, polite atmosphere. There are benefits such as free fruit Wednesdays and a free massage if we need it. During the hot weather, our kind boss pays for Rossi ice cream. The offices are light and air conditioned, and the chairs are very comfortable. I have worked there for four years and am very happy.
Lack of employee support
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southend3 September 2019
Since starting at Ventrica, there has been lack of training, lack of consideration to employees work / life balance, lack of mental support as you are surrounded by negative customers, lack of team work or management skills, lack of communication and lack of resolving concerns raised.
The staff you work with are excellent but we are all collectively unhappy in our jobs.
Fun workplace.
New Look Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Southend3 July 2019
A day at work would include coming in and choosing a computer, and then checking your emails to see what you were doing whether it be calls and emails, or live chat. You would be able to sit next to your friends and have a general chat but be able to work at the same time as well. I learnt customer service skills and how to conduct myself over the phone and on an email. Management was very good and I could talk to my managers about anything and everything that was bothering me when at work, and the hardest part of the job was being shouted at down the phone. The most enjoyable part was the people I was with.
Pros
Free massages.
Cons
Rude customers.
very good
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southend-On-Sea2 May 2019
A typical day at work included turning up to the office, get settled and open up the computer by setting yourself 'ready' online for customers to reach you. I have learnt some great communicational skills when preparing for the job role in training which was provided by the company. I enjoyed interacting with the management associated with the campaign I worked on, they were friendly, supportive and respectful towards me. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers who are not very easy to deal with for example individuals who are frustrated with services. The most enjoyable thing about working for this company would be meeting a variety of friendly people and hearing from customers that you have successfully helped them.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, good rewards
Cons
Good Pay, Great Team, Annoyingly large Variation in shifts, Lack of full training
Customer Service Advisor (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Southend26 February 2019
First of all the pros.

It has good pay and I mean GOOD pay, I was earning around about £9+ for a job that supplied training, so the fact I was offered anything above minimum wage is a major bonus.

The team there is also very helpful, If you had any sort of problem they would always help you out and answer any queries you might have.

Security appears to be pretty airtight, the offices themselves look spotless and amazing, and of course, where it is based makes lunches that much more amazing

Now unfortunatley the cons.

The only major problem I had was the training. It was Christmas rush so of course like any business they wanted to make sure they had the staff to cope with all the calls, e-mails, web chat and social media.
But as the training started I expected it to be short, as they wanted us working as soon as possible, but the training provided to us was not as useful as it should have been, the problem had nothing to do we with the person training us as she was doing a great job with what she had, the problem was the training given to us was the same training the company Ventrica represents gives to their own employees.
This was a stupid idea as the company we were representing gives their employees 4 weeks of training, and for some unknown reason they thought that they could cram the training into a matter of a days.
This made the first week stressful as nobody had a full idea of how to correctly deal with certain situations which led to it being chaotic, but after the first week it started to calm down as we learned properly how to use the systems.
  more...

One other issue is the large variation in hours, I expected to work weekends as it is retail, this didn't suprise me, what was a little annoying was hour majorly my shifts varied, i understand that being temp means you can't expect good hours but it made it impossible to make any plans outside of it as you only got the shifts a day or two before the weeks start. and also instead of giving me a schedule that is consistant they kept switching me between the standard 9:00am to 6:00pm and the 1:00pm to 11:00pm, which ended up killing my ability to form a sleep pattern.

But overall a good place to work due to the nice office, nice people and good pay, the training could be easily resolved if the company itself gives the training instead of the company it representing.
Genuinely okay
Communications Executive (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex30 January 2019
Decent place to start working and grasping office environments. Bubbly co worker, relaxed atmosphere while keeping professionalism to an all time high. Dynamic and different which makes everyday interesting.
Pros
Decent pay for the job required to do.
Cons
Could have some free lunches
I do not recommend working here!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex21 October 2018
Ventrica like messing people about and keeping them waiting. I do not recommend working here due to the unsociable hours and poor wage. There is a high turnover of staff not many benefits. My advice is give them a wide berth!!!
Pros
Free fruit Wednesday
Cons
Everything else
Management Honestly Didn't Care
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southend, Essex19 January 2018
Left as was being pressured and pushed out by management. Managers are rude, obnoxious and favour to the people they're sleeping with. Pleased to leave.
Pros
Made Friends
Cons
Managers Inadequate, Lack of clear leadership, no motivation to do anything
Ventrica
Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Essex19 June 2017
Great company to work for, the culture is very family orientated and the CEO looks after the employee's on a day to day bases. its a pleasure to go to work each day and be a Ventrican.
Great
Inbound Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Southend-On-Sea, UK7 June 2017
Really not the worst place to work and possibly the best in Southend, in the middle of a large shakeup and movement within the company I was still made to feel welcome and trained well. As always new management takeover creates unwelcome results but in the long run results will be greener, however decided to move on after nearly a year. Would recommend.
The best company I worked for in the UK
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southend, Essex4 April 2017
Friendly environment and colleagues, helpful and understanding management team, efficient training provided by the employer, convenient central location, set working hours, good salary.

I have gained useful experience in this company and I only had to leave as I am moving out of the country.

I think Ventrica is an amazing place for work and I would recommend it to everyone who is looking for a rewarding career in customer service.
Pros
Long lunch break, free fruit, modern environment, working hours, salary
A Great Place To Work!
Outbound Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex23 February 2017
I have now worked for Ventrica for over 6 months and have enjoyed every moment of it! Free fruit Wednesdays, massages and the other intensives really helps drive the performance of the sales teams. Everyone always trys their best to help other members of the team and there is some real camaraderie among all employees. All in all a great place to work!
Pros
Free Fruit, Massages, Great views
Lovely place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Southend1 February 2017
Everyone is so happy to help you in whatever way they can, the managers are very hands on. Busy environment but always understanding in your needs, and easy to talk to.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Parking
Management does its best
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex1 February 2017
It's a call centre, we have to meet our SLA and we have our share of very unhappy callers. It can be very stressful and the pay does not reflect this. However management is very caring of its employees - the offices are lovely and spacious with great views. The CEO knows everyone by name and the rest rooms are comfortable and well equipped.

A good company to work for, but not a great career
Pros
Lovely offices, friendly management, great co-workers
Cons
Stressful, time pressure
Clean but strict working environment.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex23 January 2017
I am unable to go into great detail on most aspects of working for this company as it was explained to us in training that this would be a breach of the Data Protection Act and would make us liable for prosecution. I can say my co workers are nice, all be it gossip-obsessed and depending on the manager on duty, the management are normally polite and helpful.
Pros
Clean working environment
Cons
Monotonous, low/inconsistent pay
False paradise; poor pay, bad organisation and terrible management.
temp agent (Former Employee) –  Southend-On-Sea10 January 2017
Unless one is a student, nearing retirement or quasi- dead avoid this call centre. Beyond the pretty carpets and glass rooms ( as transparent as the management!) is a socio- economic dead end. Unless one is part of the 'Magic Circle' promotion or progression is virtually impossible..
The people there ( ordinary workers) are wonderful. Sadly those in charge may have authority but no sense of responsibility. ...... Talented people allowed to drift away while mediocre/obnoxious individuals promoted. Decent individuals ignored/ disregarded. .....A culture of bullying, ostracism and rampant cronyism.
Pros
The ordinary people that work there!
Cons
Directors/Managers ( virtually all) and the internal structure.
Innovative Forward Thinking Company
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea25 October 2016
After working in London for more years than I care to remember, coming to Ventrica was like a breath of fresh air! It's true, this company is growing at a rapid rate of knots. For some this is a daunting prospect as things can (and do) change very quickly. And as with any young, fast expanding organisation there are lessons to be learnt along the way. But this company isn't afraid to make mistakes and use those life lessons to drive the business forward.

Working at Ventrica isn't for the faint-hearted; it's a busy and, at times, challenging environment. Being armed with an assertive and positive 'can do' mindset is a definite advantage! On the flip side, if you're the type of person who needs constant recognition and requires a copy of 'The Idiots Guide to being a Good Employee' in order to face the day, then this probably isn't the place for you! Employees are expected to be self-driven and on the ball - Management would much rather you come to them with a suggested solution to the problem than indulge yourself by moaning about the problem to your long-suffering colleagues.. bore-off!

I've taken the time to write this review because I believe that fundamentally Ventrica is a decent place to work (if you're prepared to grow with the company and seize the opportunities being offered).

If you're lucky enough that you won big on the lottery, then great... no need to ever work again! However if you're like the majority of the population and have bills to pay, then there are MUCH worse places to be at than Ventrica.. Fact!
Pros
Opportunity, Office Environment
Cons
Young company.. growth on-going. Still establishing process and infrastructure.
Fun and enjoyable
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southend17 September 2016
Enjoyed every moment that i worked there. Management were supportive, understanding and helpful. Free massages and free fruit on certain days. Clean and professional vibe throughout but didnt take away from their personality in the building.
Pros
Great Team
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ventrica. Our community is ready to answer.

Ventrica Reviews by Location