Venn Group

Venn Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom55 reviews
I really like working as a Credit Control Administrator, because no day is the same. Important is to pay attention to details, to be punctual and think outside the box.
The hardest part is that sometimes is very stressful and I am overwhelmed by work and you can't predict how your day will look like, but I like my job and I really enjoy the time when I resolve the issue.
Good company, learnt client/candidate relations, IT and communication skills. Working hours are long but good for the industry. Sales environment can be hard, but rewarding.
I am currently signed up with Venn Group agency and find is a very lovely company to work with. When the company got me into employment with Home Group, they would always give me a call to find out how I was getting on with the company. Venn Group offers friendly and professional advice.
As for Home Group I find it a pleasant company to work with. The manager and staff are friendly and take pride in looking after their customers.
Pros
friendly, easy to get to warm and friendly
Cons
shift pattern
Good company to work for lots of room for progression - although long hours so wouldn't advise if you're looking for a 9 till 5 job! Makes work life balance very tricky!
Pros
Progression
Cons
work life balance
This company will milk a lot of your money and claim it's 'work expenses'. Expect around 70% of what you earn to come through to your pay cheque. This company also don't do a lot to assist with timesheets etc. Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Employees are helpful
Cons
Will milk your wallet dry
start day at 7:45 on mondays, rest of the week is 8-6,more often than not your there for longer.
nice team culture, but very segregated.

only liaise with people on your team
Pros
clothing loan
Cons
I took this job not knowing what I wanted to do and I really enjoyed it. Learned a lot in terms of sales techniques which I still use today. Great people but long hours.
This company does not care about you as a person they do not support you, when I wasn't happy in the contract I was placed in they made me feel even worse and said they cannot get me work anywhere else avoid
Pros
Cons
You are a number and nothing more
People were great job not so much. No training at all just trial and error even though training is promised. Very boring doing same thing all day for hours on end.
Venn Group provides a friendly and supportive working environment with a great level of training which is directed towards your particular needs. I particularly enjoy working on a team basis and would highly recommend the company for anyone looking to work in recruitment.
Pros
Friendly and supportive working environment
Cons
Team ethos, focus on business relationships, not just targets/money. Collaborative, sociable and pleasant team all round. Would never work with another agency after being with Venn.
Pros
Team/staff
Cons
Very hard work
I have enjoyed my time at Venn Group and feel a valued member of the company.

The thing I enjoy most is the team work. We all work hard on each other's jobs and have a great camaraderie.

I constantly feel supported and the training and progression routes are open to everyone.

Venn Group is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to get in to recruitment.
Pros
Training & Development
I have worked at Venn Group for over a year now and I am thoroughly enjoying the role. Everyday is different and there is never a time where I have found myself with nothing to do, which I love. Venn Group have provided me with great on the job training and a lovely working environment. Everyone is friendly and very supportive and I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to get into recruitment!
I joined Venn Group just under 5 years ago. In that time my Director and Senior Manager have helped me build a career within the company.
I now manage the Transactional Finance Team in the Midlands. We've recently split our team in order to be more specialist in the areas we recruit for, and so far the results have been good. I'm based in our Birmingham office which has more than doubled in size since I joined the company: it's an exciting place to be.

The workplace culture can be boisterous at times, but I would mostly describe it as supportive and inclusive from the top down.

The hardest part of the role is ensuring you learn lessons even when things that go wrong are seemingly out of your control. This is easily outweighed by the elation when things go well and you've completed a good bit of recruitment for the client and the candidate.

We're constantly looking to expand, so if you're interested recruitment as a career, please get in touch!
I have worked at Venn for 7 months now, having previously worked at another agency. Culturally it is a better place to work! They work on a team based commission which I think makes the people work better and harder.

Each team cares about each consultants' clients and candidates; there are no petty arguments on who's candidate is who's. The environment is less competitive and the people work harder to provide a good service. Everyone is passionate about their team's workload and are constantly asking each other how they can help.

This I feel breed's good caring consultants. At the end of the day, client, candidate and consultant are all people and should be treated as such.
Pros
team based
Great place to work... Friendly staff, always willing to help. It's a team environment so it manages to negate the traditional dog eat dog culture agencies are infamous for.
As the UK’s only company dedicated to the provision of contract staff to organisations in both the private and public sectors, we have built a reputation of quality and professionalism amongst the clients we work with and the candidates we place.
Pros
Working environment, honesty and teamwork
Venn Group is a great company to work for - they really value their employers and the general atmosphere in the office is friendly, fun but also very professional. Highly recommended.
Really enjoyable atmosphere, great progression and training.

If you want to have a career here and show the willingness then Managers and Senior Managers will push you.
I have worked through Venn Group recently and found them to be very efficient and the team have always been very supportive to me .
Pros
Quick and efficient payment
Cons
They work with terrible companies with no support at all. Truly disgusting. Would never work for this company again. Agencys really feel they can push you around and its really not on.