Venn Group

Venn Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom55 reviews
Productive workplace
I really like working as a Credit Control Administrator, because no day is the same. Important is to pay attention to details, to be punctual and think outside the box.
The hardest part is that sometimes is very stressful and I am overwhelmed by work and you can't predict how your day will look like, but I like my job and I really enjoy the time when I resolve the issue.
Not a pleasant place to work
I feel that the management within this company are inconsiderate and dictate rather than lead and motivate. I am thankful for the experience but I would never work there again.
Most unprofessional manager I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Some wonderful kind hearted souls there, as well as some vindictive sadistic characters too. Unfortunately I found my way onto the team with a terrible manager who had no patience what so ever. Fake people & unnerving atmosphere, with backstabbers behind every corner; which is to be expected in a corporate office in London. You could have a great base here if you find yourself with the right support and team, but roll the wrong dice... you'll be sorry.

Contracted hours are 8:30 - 18:00, but your expected to work until 8:00 am 6:30pm minimum with no overtime. Leaving or arriving at your contracted times is hugely frowned upon. You don't get breaks, except for a break to go and purchase food, which you are then expected to eat at the desk.
Cons
Long hours, Short/ 0 lunch breaks, Poor management
Terrible company
Terrible company

Barely ever get you work

Lie about how long the work is for to get you started

Promises they never keep

Work is slave labour for the pay

Stay away
Excellent
Excellent Company...... Great progression.... Great senior management. Recruitment can be tough so it's nice to work somewhere you are valued by everyone.
Good career progression
Lots of opportunity to develop and progress, good work life balance. Very empathetic company who go the extra mile for their employees when they really need it
Supportive and Professional
...Always keep you in the loop
...Works hard on your behalf to secure the right placement for you.

...Professional

...one of the best agencies I have worked with
Beware - con merchants
BEWARE - CON MERCHANTS - outright take money you are legally entitled to and then flatly deny (several times) that is what they are doing.

Taking your holiday pay under the guise of rolled up holiday pay (they deny this but essentially that is exactly what they are doing), after repeated denials on the phone to me that they were doing this, it took me threatening to contact the Citizen's Advice Bureau with my pay slips and going to HR for the company I was working for until they finally reimbursed me my legally entitled holiday pay but only after having the nerve to complain to me that I was making THEM look bad to their client!

ROLLED UP HOLIDAY PAY is morally wrong and illegal. They know this but knowingly operate under the pretence that if only a small proportion of their work staff challenge them, they are still making a killing financially by essentially picking on the vulnerable in society: people working on low pay, with little work rights until they are taken on permanently by the company they are temping for, to leech off their work staffs legally entitled holiday pay which means should you ever require a day off work, it goes unpaid, because Venn Group see fit to TAKE the money YOU are entitled to, to line THEIR pockets.

DO NOT ACCEPT THIS, know your rights, challenge them and take legal advice from the HR company you are working for and then report them to the ombudsman.
The Culture at Venn Group isn't what I would describe as balanced. It may be a reflection of my working style compared to the company's, I don't believe it was a good match.
Very professional
My main contact person is very polite and professional and always around to answer questions. I got placed on a job quickly. Pay is always on time and rate is very reasonable.
disgraceful thieves
took weekly payments for a pension fund they set up at nowpensions and didnt put the deductions in my account as yet 3 yrs later after receiving my pension statement from them, and now refuse to comment after i enquired on their f/b page
Long hours, little pay
Contracted hours are 8:30 - 18:00, but EXPECTED to work from latest 8am to 18:30 earliest with no overtime. Leaving/arriving "on time" is hugely frowned upon. No actual breaks, expected to eat at the desk.

Very "laddish" environment and culture

High earning potential if you're willing to sell your soul to the devil
Pays the least out of all agency’s
Venn themselves were ok,when I joined I didn’t contact the office much pay is confusing I received less than I was told and the other £1 was my own holiday pay, bit confusing but basically you don’t get holiday pay if you earn £9 an hour your paying for your own holidays. I was offered £10 an hour but that included holiday pay, not an honest company.
Didn’t deliver on pay the job was a disaster but can’t blame Venn for that.

I wouldn’t use them again didn’t deliver on pay and we’re dishonest.
Pros
Erm
Cons
See below
An enthusiastic work place
An enthusiastic workplace for graduates looking to get their foot in the door of recruitment before moving on to better things. Good unit nights out but the employees are quite cliquey
Rewards for your hardwork
Having worked at Venn Group for a while I have found their outlook to be supportive to clients, candidates and their internal staff. The team environment fosters an atmosphere that encourages working together, so the highs and lows of recruitment are lessened by the people around you.
Pros
Training, support
Cons
You need determination
Hardworking and enjoyable company to work for
Venn Group was a great company to work for. The management and working environment made this position an enjoyable and motivating job role - however, the hours were very long and the commute to work made this unmanageable for me personally. The company offered great benefits and a team based commission structure.
A great exposure to sales, but not a great atmosphere
My first role out of college. Working at Venn Group gave me fantastic training in the sales environment and taught me the skills I use to this day. However the recruitment company atmosphere was not for me and I soon found myself looking for opportunities outside of this industry.
very poor
They have some nice staff, but never would i work for these again.!
Wasted my time on so many jobs and never told the truth to myself or to the employer.
The job I was sent to
In itself Venn Group are lovely to work for..They spent time helping me with time sheets and advice on any thing I needed to know..However,the job they sent me to was a nightmare and I thought I done ok,only to be told I wasn’t good enough..I’ve cleaned for over thirty years and never had a complaint
Pros
possible to pick n choose jobs
Cons
Holidays are paid weekly, so don’t expect any pay when you take time off
busy but fun
Working the payroll department so you would need to be very accurate and pay attention, long days from Monday to wedneday but normal day thursday and half day friday, lots of filing and data entry
Pros
london life
Cons
long travel n long days
very nice people to work for
never had problems with this company and would go back to working for them if the right opportunity arose. Very friendly staff and willing to do what the can to help there employees. always on the end of the phone if needed.