Venn Group Employee Reviews

A great exposure to sales, but not a great atmosphere
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, UK16 April 2018
My first role out of college. Working at Venn Group gave me fantastic training in the sales environment and taught me the skills I use to this day. However the recruitment company atmosphere was not for me and I soon found myself looking for opportunities outside of this industry.
very poor
carpenter/multi trade (Former Employee) –  Birmingham5 March 2018
They have some nice staff, but never would i work for these again.!
Wasted my time on so many jobs and never told the truth to myself or to the employer.
busy but fun
Payroll Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 January 2018
Working the payroll department so you would need to be very accurate and pay attention, long days from Monday to wedneday but normal day thursday and half day friday, lots of filing and data entry
Pros
london life
Cons
long travel n long days
very nice people to work for
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford2 November 2017
never had problems with this company and would go back to working for them if the right opportunity arose. Very friendly staff and willing to do what the can to help there employees. always on the end of the phone if needed.
Good workplace
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 October 2017
Good company, learnt client/candidate relations, IT and communication skills. Working hours are long but good for the industry. Sales environment can be hard, but rewarding.
Where was placed with this agency was very professional in their approach.
Temping - support worker (Current Employee) –  Home Group Kettering16 October 2017
I am currently signed up with Venn Group agency and find is a very lovely company to work with. When the company got me into employment with Home Group, they would always give me a call to find out how I was getting on with the company. Venn Group offers friendly and professional advice.
As for Home Group I find it a pleasant company to work with. The manager and staff are friendly and take pride in looking after their customers.
Pros
friendly, easy to get to warm and friendly
Cons
shift pattern
Very Poor
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire13 September 2017
This company will milk a lot of your money and claim it's 'work expenses'. Expect around 70% of what you earn to come through to your pay cheque. This company also don't do a lot to assist with timesheets etc. Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Employees are helpful
Cons
Will milk your wallet dry
hardworking
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  london8 September 2017
start day at 7:45 on mondays, rest of the week is 8-6,more often than not your there for longer.
nice team culture, but very segregated.
only liaise with people on your team
Pros
clothing loan
Learned a lot here
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  London25 July 2017
I took this job not knowing what I wanted to do and I really enjoyed it. Learned a lot in terms of sales techniques which I still use today. Great people but long hours.
Very poor
Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 April 2017
This company does not care about you as a person they do not support you, when I wasn't happy in the contract I was placed in they made me feel even worse and said they cannot get me work anywhere else avoid
Pros
Cons
You are a number and nothing more
Friendly and supportive working environment
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 March 2017
Venn Group provides a friendly and supportive working environment with a great level of training which is directed towards your particular needs. I particularly enjoy working on a team basis and would highly recommend the company for anyone looking to work in recruitment.
Pros
Friendly and supportive working environment
Cons
Hard-working and different to other agencies
Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham24 March 2017
Team ethos, focus on business relationships, not just targets/money. Collaborative, sociable and pleasant team all round. Would never work with another agency after being with Venn.
Pros
Team/staff
Cons
Very hard work
Good Team Based Working Environment
Executive Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham24 March 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Venn Group and feel a valued member of the company.

The thing I enjoy most is the team work. We all work hard on each other's jobs and have a great camaraderie.

I constantly feel supported and the training and progression routes are open to everyone.

Venn Group is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to get in to recruitment.
Pros
Training & Development
Productive and fun place to work
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 March 2017
I have worked at Venn Group for over a year now and I am thoroughly enjoying the role. Everyday is different and there is never a time where I have found myself with nothing to do, which I love. Venn Group have provided me with great on the job training and a lovely working environment. Everyone is friendly and very supportive and I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to get into recruitment!
Great Working Environment and Progression Opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 March 2017
I joined Venn Group just under 5 years ago. In that time my Director and Senior Manager have helped me build a career within the company.
I now manage the Transactional Finance Team in the Midlands. We've recently split our team in order to be more specialist in the areas we recruit for, and so far the results have been good. I'm based in our Birmingham office which has more than doubled in size since I joined the company: it's an exciting place to be.

The workplace culture can be boisterous at times, but I would mostly describe it as supportive and inclusive from the top down.

The hardest part of the role is ensuring you learn lessons even when things that go wrong are seemingly out of your control. This is easily outweighed by the elation when things go well and you've completed a good bit of recruitment for the client and the candidate.

We're constantly looking to expand, so if you're interested recruitment as a career, please get in touch!
There's no 'I' in TEAM
I have worked at Venn for 7 months now, having previously worked at another agency. Culturally it is a better place to work! They work on a team based commission which I think makes the people work better and harder.

Each team cares about each consultants' clients and candidates; there are no petty arguments on who's candidate is who's. The environment is less competitive and the people work harder to provide a good service. Everyone is passionate about their team's workload and are constantly asking each other how they can help.

This I feel breed's good caring consultants. At the end of the day, client, candidate and consultant are all people and should be treated as such.
Pros
team based
Great place to work... Friendly staff, always willing to help. It's a team environment so it manages to negate the traditional dog eat dog culture agencies are infamous for.
Excellent
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 March 2017
As the UK’s only company dedicated to the provision of contract staff to organisations in both the private and public sectors, we have built a reputation of quality and professionalism amongst the clients we work with and the candidates we place.
Pros
Working environment, honesty and teamwork
Great company to work for!
Venn Group is a great company to work for - they really value their employers and the general atmosphere in the office is friendly, fun but also very professional. Highly recommended.
Great to work for and with
Executive Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 March 2017
Really enjoyable atmosphere, great progression and training.

If you want to have a career here and show the willingness then Managers and Senior Managers will push you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venn Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Venn Group Reviews by Location