Velindre Cancer Centre

Velindre Cancer Centre Employee Reviews

United Kingdom4 reviews
I loved working part of velindre because it was a busy job that always kept me on my feet and has helped me meet new amazing people along the way. I also enjoyed working for velindre as it's a fun environment that has helped me learn about the world as comes in handy because I want to hopefully go travelling when I finish college.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Workload is heavy but you will be fine if you have worked as a Medical Secretary before. Office arrangement is two big open plan offices so you need to be able to work with background noise
A work place flourishing with passionate workers all with a professional attitude and very friendly atmosphere. Each member of staff that I worked with appeared very friendly and approachable. Patients reviewed the centre as a centre of excellence.
I've been working in Valeindre Cancer Centre since Aug 2011, and my time their has been a great time in terms of work enviroment and gaining experiance. The trials I have been assigned to are all oncology based project, my responsibility includes, trial administration of the projects (currently their are approximatey 10 studies, with 3 being in follow up). I maintain and manage both TMF and electronic data systems we have. In addition, I liaise with the PI and other research team in order to complete the requested project tasks. On a daily basis, I start with checking my emails, giving priority to those issues that may of arose over night, I then divide my time accordingly to the tasks that are outstanding and need to be acomplished depending on their work load, and on their deadline, in acheiving this, I set my self a deadline which is prior to the actual deadline, this allows me to achieve the requested duties and allows me to review the material prior to the deadline. As part of my role, I take minutes of meetings and distribute minutes and agenda to the team memebers.