Vectura Limited

Vectura Limited Employee Reviews

An above average salary, slow career advancement
I spent a long stint at Vectura, and left the company in 2016. I have always been frustrated in my time there. The big questions being:-

How do they retain staff?

How do they develop staff?

How can the management of staff be improved?

I felt that my skills sets were not best utilised there, but then some people do progress and get a lot of responsibility. The salary, as I have mentioned above is competitive and the benefits are very good. One can also get some very good experience in the field of Inhalation product development. If one wants to be happy in their job , then i would say that Vectura does not ensure that will be a given. Vectura competes very well for its size in the pharmaceutical domain, but there is not a togetherness that makes you feel that you belong or are appreciated. I think that for a first job, then it would be a great introduction to the industry, but if one wants to develop a career that would be a gamble!!

The measure of a company is how high the staff turnover is and how many people are on sick leave. That I am afraid doesn't make pretty reading for Vectura!!
Pros
Benefits, Competitive salary, small sized company
Cons
Pressure, poor consistency of the management of staff, poor motivation
Innovative Leading Pharmaceutical Company
Varied and interesting work where no two days are the same.

Opportunities to progress and innovation is encouraged.

Personal involvement with Team and Group meetings allowing me the opportunity to gain a better understanding of the business values and focus.
Productive place to work with varied opportunies for exposure to different aspects of the business
A typical day can include running HPLC and or device testing, with the associated paperwork, data summaries and reports.

I have learnt a lot about every aspect of the pharmaceutical development of a product right through to market.

The numerous managers means that we are sometimes split up into many sub-teams. It is not very efficient and makes for poor communication and sometimes collaboration.

The colleagues are very hard-working and knowledgeable group, and the sub-teams within themselves are very supportive.

The hardest part of the job is the amount of paperwork and 'hoops' that we have to jump through. Some processes are slow and lumbering, because of the number of stages to them.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working in such a challenging area of science!
Pros
They pay an above average salary and offer several perks such a s free shares
Cons
Too many managers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vectura Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3