Varian Medical Systems

Varian Medical Systems Employee Reviews

Installation & Commissioning Proton Beam Machine. Working with a team of Engineers & Management, with System Hardware & Software Configuration, within a construction site as hospital is being built. Supporting customers online and on-site.
In four decades in the construction industry Varian is the only company I have worked for that has taken on a safety manager to be blatantly used as a scapegoat if anything goes wrong (fortunately nothing did). Managers and employees trample over each other in an effort to climb the corporate ladder, for and reform little cliques to gain the slightest advantage and sincerely believe they are the most intelligent beings on the planet. Ignorance of safety procedures, even after being told, and an 'I know best' attitude. Ignorant and dismissive of the most basic construction site rules, even after induction, that are in place to keep them, other construction staff and the public safe. Complaints about every aspect of work, job and colleagues. Sad little people with very misplaced superiority complexes.
productive and a good place to work.very relaxed place to work.I've worked for several companies but I would say that Varian is the nicest place of all. There is a good work ethic throughout the company and everyone is approachable and more than happy to help when seeking advice.
Pros
easy relaxed place to work
Cons
being a contractor, no perks
I am extremley happy within my current job role, part time and flexible is what i was looking for and that is what I got. However my contract is only until December 2018 so need something more secure.
Salary could be higher, but management, staff, office coworkers, and overall experience is excellent. Great mechanical engineering department with lots of chances to promote and prove ideas via R&D, fun projects to work on.
I've worked for several companies but I would say that Varian is the nicest place of all. There is a good work ethic throughout the company and everyone is approachable and more than happy to help when seeking advice. I have worked there a couple of times, contract basis, the first being primarily CAD work and the last time as a member of the RoHS compliance team.