Vanquis Bank Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, great people, growing company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chatham, Kent13 June 2018
PROS
- Great work life balance
- Good access to senior management
- Variety of work
- Inclusive culture

CONS
- Poor salary progression compared to competitors
- Training and career development poor, especially in terms of organisation
A great company to gain experience
Customer Data Quality Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chatham, Kent27 June 2018
A good company, particularly for those new to the industry seeking experience.

Plenty of opportunities to move around internally, good benefits and a good culture.
Vanquis is hanging on by a thread
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent7 December 2017
A large majority of the workforce at Vanquis Bank started off as call centre agents, who have inevitably moved up the heirarchy due to many years of loyalty. However, the outcome of this means management consists of uneducated, childish and insufficient individuals driven by targets they don’t even understand. It is no surprise to me that they’ve recently been subjected to fines and I expect a lot more will be coming as investigations continue. The company as a whole has a poor reputation which has ultimately tarnished my CV and made it very difficult for me to move into a comparable role within a commercial bank. If you’re career oriented with a good education behind you, I’d advise you to stay clear of Vanquis Bank.
Pros
Very rare do people work past 5pm
Cons
Management, credibility, salary, environment, career prospects
Avoid!!
New accounts associate (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire15 October 2018
I would never recommend vanquis to anyone. Management is awful. Some people are favoured more than others. People work there for years and dont progress yet people who have just passed probation are given a chance. Job is very boring and very repititive. Constant changes to scripts and things being added daily to your job. Theres a very high staff turnover because people leave as they are forced to work long unsociable hours and weekends. You have quality team on your back and will mark you down for the tiniest mistake.
Pros
Monthly bonus
Cons
Boring, no parking
No work life balance or progression.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent31 January 2018
Expect to work long hours with short breaks, 9+ hours Monday to Friday and then sometimes the weekend as well. You go 14 days in a row once a month. £17,00 is the rough salary with a chance of getting a £600 bonus, which you will never get, unless your cheating or taking holiday for the last week of the month. Its all to do with stats and you are competing against people who have been there years and know all the tricks in the book, which makes it unfair and will never know what you are going to earn. There is no way out of weekends and feels like you live at the place. If you drive, don't bother even applying, you will not get a parking space unless you start at 8.00am and then you have to walk 15 minutes to get into work and then back again when your shift finishes.

The job itself is soul destroying, you get call after call with no breaks in-between, sometimes 3 hours of constant calls, Management NEVER want to take a complaint and wait for you try and resolve with refunds or wait for the customer to hang up, no benefits at all anymore, there used to be loads but they have had major cut backs because provident are failing. Place is going downhill and I am glad I jumped ship before it happened, try a different bank as the one I work for now is 300 times better.
Pros
A monthly wage
Cons
Parking, Rubbish bonus scheme.
Not for me!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom8 October 2018
I started off working at vanquis in the call centre department, it’s so boring, everything is so repetitive, you can have no personality, swapping desks all the time so you never have a permanent space to call your own within the office. I feel my training was rubbish hence why I struggled when I got in department, i couldn’t get used to being timed every second of the day, as soon as your off one call your timed while filling out your notes and then on to the next call you go. 6 minutes a day for using the toilet and getting yourself a drink, but food and drink aren’t aloud at desks!! It’s just ridiculous. I must say the wage is good for what you do and it’s a lot of young people so may seem slightly catty at times. Good progression for people that can stick out the first few years (but many don’t) wasn’t for me at all!
Pros
Money was good for what you done
Cons
Repetitive & boring
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  London21 July 2018
Excellent human resources policies, staff satisfaction, workplace culture, management structures, disabled friendly, great ethics and corporate relationships.
Pros
Great work and life approach flexibility, mostly open plan office arrangement, flexi-time
Cons
Travelling to Chatham twice a week, potential problems with the public transport systems especially if there is a breakdown or strikes, top floor location and lift failure.
Just a job
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire21 September 2017
Not too great, spend your days dealing with various customer enquiries about there Vanquis Account such as changing cycle codes and dealing with cash payments. There is a lot to learn with this job, the moneys pretty poor for what you have to do and the management watch everything customer service agents do like a hawk to ensure that customers have a "wonderful customer journey" (yes like I'm sure they loss a ton of sleep at night cause an agent hangs up a split second to soon...just pathetic). They only use Vanquis in the first place because they've been turned down by most of the other high street lenders. On the plus side the job looks good on your CV and it pays the bills till you can find something better.
Pros
Looks good on your CV, other benefits like free teas & coffees
Cons
Not that great a job, boring and mundane
Digital Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chatham, Kent15 November 2018
The company is okay to work for, however they do have strict guidelines with breaks as well as lack of parking spaces for most of the shifts available.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
Parking, monitored toilet breaks
Good company many opportunities to develop skills and career
FRAUD OPERATIONS AGENT/NEW BUSINESS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chatham21 June 2018
Opportunities to develop........... ........skills and career
Encouraging management
Skills development courses.........mm...m..
Awful company
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham25 April 2018
Management and team leaders are childish and only care about sitting on there own pod of desks gossiping about agents and sitting on there phones, whilst agents work 13/14 days straight with no day off - your also blackmailed to work 1 Sunday a month otherwise threats come out about it being scheduled into your rota. The place is a joke, hours are rubbish, training is rubbish, parking is rubbish. No social life and you feel like you live at the place , being spoken to poorly by customers and also management - stay away. All the job has caused is stress and depression
Pros
Cons
Parking, shifts, management and pay
Interesting work place.
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 September 2018
Interesting work place.Interesting work place.Learnt a lot with everyday different to the next. Fast paced work environment. Great team culture with social activities.
Fun, great atmosphere
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chatham5 November 2018
Great people to work with. Great opportunities for progression.

Really fun atmosphere. Regular reviews with managers.

Busy but fun, and managers are brilliant.

Pay's not great
Great opportunities
Senior Exceptions Agent (Former Employee) –  Medway11 October 2018
Developed many skills working there, communication, admin and time keeping.
Being able to work in a team is key and to be open minded when speaking with customers.
Pros
Team events
Cons
Stressful at times
Depressing
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent5 March 2018
Job that sent me into depression. Wasn't so much the job itself, it was more the management and how they treat their staff. They'll happily make your time their unpleasant until they see you out the door. The money was decent for getting by, however looking back at it now it wasn't worth it. Your health is more important and it really tests your mental strength at times.
Your typical days are repetitive to say the least, very difficult to stay motivated when you're pressing answerphone for a living 90% of the time. I learnt about how damaging credit can be when using a company like Vanquis and to stay far away.
Very political type work place, if you fit it with their mould (if they like you) then they'll probably make life easier for you - if not then they'll find a way sooner or later to get rid of you.
straight forward and easy to get
Pros
straight forward and easy to get
Cons
terrible management
fun
COLLECTIONS AGENT (Former Employee) –  Kent15 November 2017
great benefits if you are hard working, great bonus scheme although lots of competition.

Lots of weekend work, always overtime available if needed and evening sifts
Pros
great on site food
Cons
lots of weekend work
great work collegues but management not the best.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire24 July 2018
colleagues are great but most managers and hierarchy are very selfish and do not care about employees or their welfare. more like a school than a profession business enviroment
Productive and fun place to work, great colleagues and socialise alot with the staff i.e. monthly awards nights and big christmas party events
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire19 February 2018
A company I came across from a friend who advised me it is a great environment to work in, he wasn't wrong. Great staff and a very good safe and friendly place to work, having worked here for 4 years I am an experience and professional colleague willing to thrive forward into new roles however there isn't much going in terms of progression. The shifts are very good, 4 week rota early/late shifts working every other Saturday.

A great place to work just no progression route.
Great place to work , everyone very supportive and friendly towards each other , also lots of training for staff available and ongoing support
Customer services representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham, kent10 September 2015
Great place to work , extremely supportive and friendly with lots of training and room for progression! Staff members are very friendly and the company treat you very well , I would recommend working for Vanquis bank it is a very fair and generous company to work for .
Pros
Free lunches on a monthly basis, ongoing training with a fab salary !
Cons
To be honest can't really think of any cons myself, I love my job !
good company just not he Job for me
One call Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent29 April 2018
excellent company very helpful to employees

my job was supposed to be helping people with debt issues but it was more a don't ask don't know situation

incoming calls where ok as they where happy to deal with you
but out going calls where a nightmare
Pros
excellent work enviorment
Cons
dealing with customers who did not want to deal with you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanquis Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5