Vanquis Bank Employee Reviews

good company just not he Job for me
One call Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent29 April 2018
excellent company very helpful to employees

my job was supposed to be helping people with debt issues but it was more a don't ask don't know situation

incoming calls where ok as they where happy to deal with you
but out going calls where a nightmare
Pros
excellent work enviorment
Cons
dealing with customers who did not want to deal with you
Awful company
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham25 April 2018
Management and team leaders are childish and only care about sitting on there own pod of desks gossiping about agents and sitting on there phones, whilst agents work 13/14 days straight with no day off - your also blackmailed to work 1 Sunday a month otherwise threats come out about it being scheduled into your rota. The place is a joke, hours are rubbish, training is rubbish, parking is rubbish. No social life and you feel like you live at the place , being spoken to poorly by customers and also management - stay away. All the job has caused is stress and depression
Pros
Cons
Parking, shifts, management and pay
n/a
Fraud Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 April 2018
Provided administrative support to President and Director through diary management, briefings and
meeting plans
Ensured the highest standards of data are captured and maintained on database, ensuring timely,
accurate and up to date information on kept on
Don't recommend
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire27 March 2018
ridiculous expectations, constantly bringing in add ons to the job (like it ain't hard and inundated enough), quality team are bunch of nimrods that are never happy with what you do, they give you 18k because they make you work like a horse, worse customers on the earth and much more.
Pros
Tea/coffee
Cons
shifts, job, some team leaders
Depressing
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent5 March 2018
Job that sent me into depression. Wasn't so much the job itself, it was more the management and how they treat their staff. They'll happily make your time their unpleasant until they see you out the door. The money was decent for getting by, however looking back at it now it wasn't worth it. Your health is more important and it really tests your mental strength at times.
Your typical days are repetitive to say the least, very difficult to stay motivated when you're pressing answerphone for a living 90% of the time. I learnt about how damaging credit can be when using a company like Vanquis and to stay far away.
Very political type work place, if you fit it with their mould (if they like you) then they'll probably make life easier for you - if not then they'll find a way sooner or later to get rid of you.
straight forward and easy to get
Pros
straight forward and easy to get
Cons
terrible management
Productive and fun place to work, great colleagues and socialise alot with the staff i.e. monthly awards nights and big christmas party events
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire19 February 2018
A company I came across from a friend who advised me it is a great environment to work in, he wasn't wrong. Great staff and a very good safe and friendly place to work, having worked here for 4 years I am an experience and professional colleague willing to thrive forward into new roles however there isn't much going in terms of progression. The shifts are very good, 4 week rota early/late shifts working every other Saturday.

A great place to work just no progression route.
High pressured
Call centre assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent12 February 2018
It was a very good company to work for. Have a good team culture and respect for one another. targets are reasonable and achievable. recommended to work here.
No work life balance or progression.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent31 January 2018
Expect to work long hours with short breaks, 9+ hours Monday to Friday and then sometimes the weekend as well. You go 14 days in a row once a month. £17,00 is the rough salary with a chance of getting a £600 bonus, which you will never get, unless your cheating or taking holiday for the last week of the month. Its all to do with stats and you are competing against people who have been there years and know all the tricks in the book, which makes it unfair and will never know what you are going to earn. There is no way out of weekends and feels like you live at the place. If you drive, don't bother even applying, you will not get a parking space unless you start at 8.00am and then you have to walk 15 minutes to get into work and then back again when your shift finishes.

The job itself is soul destroying, you get call after call with no breaks in-between, sometimes 3 hours of constant calls, Management NEVER want to take a complaint and wait for you try and resolve with refunds or wait for the customer to hang up, no benefits at all anymore, there used to be loads but they have had major cut backs because provident are failing. Place is going downhill and I am glad I jumped ship before it happened, try a different bank as the one I work for now is 300 times better.
Pros
A monthly wage
Cons
Parking, Rubbish bonus scheme.
Vanquis is hanging on by a thread
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent7 December 2017
A large majority of the workforce at Vanquis Bank started off as call centre agents, who have inevitably moved up the heirarchy due to many years of loyalty. However, the outcome of this means management consists of uneducated, childish and insufficient individuals driven by targets they don’t even understand. It is no surprise to me that they’ve recently been subjected to fines and I expect a lot more will be coming as investigations continue. The company as a whole has a poor reputation which has ultimately tarnished my CV and made it very difficult for me to move into a comparable role within a commercial bank. If you’re career oriented with a good education behind you, I’d advise you to stay clear of Vanquis Bank.
Pros
Very rare do people work past 5pm
Cons
Management, credibility, salary, environment, career prospects
fun
COLLECTIONS AGENT (Former Employee) –  Kent15 November 2017
great benefits if you are hard working, great bonus scheme although lots of competition.

Lots of weekend work, always overtime available if needed and evening sifts
Pros
great on site food
Cons
lots of weekend work
Great company.
New Accounts Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire15 November 2017
Great company to work for! Understanding, good pay, good bonuses. Free lunch once a month. Lovely staff and team leaders. Intense and good training. Would recommend
Pros
Loveky staff, great company, the list could go on
Cons
Sometimes the shift patterns.
Very, VERY average
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire14 October 2017
The company motto is "lifes better when you love your job", well this is just a job in a call centre and I can take or leave it either way. Spend your days sat down listening to customer complaints, the shifts are pretty bad for call centre work and the wages are not so good either.
Just a job
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire21 September 2017
Not too great, spend your days dealing with various customer enquiries about there Vanquis Account such as changing cycle codes and dealing with cash payments. There is a lot to learn with this job, the moneys pretty poor for what you have to do and the management watch everything customer service agents do like a hawk to ensure that customers have a "wonderful customer journey" (yes like I'm sure they loss a ton of sleep at night cause an agent hangs up a split second to soon...just pathetic). They only use Vanquis in the first place because they've been turned down by most of the other high street lenders. On the plus side the job looks good on your CV and it pays the bills till you can find something better.
Pros
Looks good on your CV, other benefits like free teas & coffees
Cons
Not that great a job, boring and mundane
Productive and fun
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford28 August 2017
It was a productive and fun place to work but not much progression. I did enjoy working for Vanquis Bank Limted but i didnt feel motivated but there wasnt any progression for me.
Rubbish
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire23 August 2017
Rubbish job rubbish management- you can hand your notice in and work half the month and get paid nothing for the days you worked. Better off getting sacked, they pay you that months wage and the following months too.
12 September 2017

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're really sorry you feel this way and we'd be interested in hearing more about why your experience at Vanquis wasn't a positive one. I would also be more than happy to help if you feel you have a pay discrepancy - haveyoursay@vanquisbank.co.uk – L

lots of politics
Operations Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire12 August 2017
rogression was plentiful if you were in the right clique and if not then have fun being subject to plenty of childish comments and back biting. management only look out for themselves.. and the Academy "person" is an absolute mess and sucks the life out of anything positive there. She looks like a small ginger uncle festa.
Dire
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire21 June 2017
Horrid. A ton of pressure to perform well, the jobs boring, customers are often rude and the moneys poor for what you actually have to do. You can earn this wage in Tesco's, Asda's or McDonalds. Not a job you want to stick at, I am the only one of my starting group that has remained here and I don't really like it.
12 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry you're not enjoying your time at Vanquis and would really like to help. Please get in touch - haveyoursay@vanquisbank.co.uk – L

Never.
Acquisitions Agent (Former Employee) –  Bradford26 April 2017
They could triple my salary and i would never go back, constantly sitting on desks and asking if you will do additional hours whilst on a call so you sound like an idiot on the phone.
12 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry you didn't enjoy your time with us. We’re always trying to improve so if you are happy to please pop us an email, we’d really like to hear more about your experience – Haveyoursay@vanquisbank.co.uk - L

If your face fits
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Chatham, Kent1 April 2017
If your face fits or you are best friends with management you will go far at this company but if you are a hard grafter and want to earn an honest career don't expect to get very far. Company don't work with people who suffer from medical conditions and don't give you payrises you are entitled to. The job itself is great it's just a shame the company don't value there staff like they do the customers. Hours are long and you are lucky to get 5days off in a month
12 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you feel this way about progressing within Vanquis. Please take advantage of our careers advise sessions, we can discuss any challenges you're facing and would also like to hear more about what's making you feel this way. If a careers session isn't for you pop me an email - Haveyoursay@vanquisbank.co.uk - L

A good job for students
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham13 March 2017
The pay is 'ok' but the staff, primarily the management (team leaders) are all very young and this comes across in there attitude towards there work. They deal with situations in a "school girl" way. They can come across intimidating and malicious at times which can make you feel as though you are almost being bullied especially if they dont like you or you dont "fit in". There is no one you can really turn to if you feel you need to speak to someone. I was advised by a TL to leave Vanquis otherwise they would have terminated my contract due to illness (I had a ruptured cyst inside my ovary which resulted in emergency surgery).
12 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We’re sorry to hear that working at Vanquis didn't meet all of your expectations and you felt you couldn't discuss this with anyone. We do encourage an internal career progression programme, moving our Customer Agents through different levels of seniority to progress into Team Leaders. They are supported throughout this transition with in house and external management training, but we recognise that for a number of them it is their first time managing a team. We’ll feed your comments back into the business and would love to hear more about the things you have raised. Please pop me an email on haveyoursay@vanquisbank.co.uk – L

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanquis Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4