Valor Hospitality

Valor Hospitality Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
Lovely hotel, recently refurbished and great working environment. City center hotel, great location with good transport links in and out of Manchester.
It allowed me to progress in my career and offered me some personal goal achievements whilst I worked with them.

I had the chance to become the health and safety champion for the hotel which was a great accolade and the team I worked with were great.

It can be challenging but the rewards are there if you work hard.
Pros
Meals included
Cons
worst place ive ever worked felt under mimed by the manager above me and bullied and was spoken to like scum on a daily basis by this member of staff which caused stress and eventual loss of the job as health got to point of suicidal because of them and nothing was ever done to help or anything others just took the managers side over it and didnt even investigate
Worked for this company for nearly 2 years, they systematically got rid of most of the staff, didn't really care about the people who worked there. When I worked my month's notice before leaving i trained up a new person to do my job only to find at the end of the month I was paid pro rata meaning I was 400 pounds down, disgusting way to treat people
Horrible management keeps all the horrible people in charge and let all the good workers leave in a heartbeat. If you are honest and hard worker, you will be massively disappointed. Awful place to work.
Good experience and trust from senior management which goes away from the usual 9till5 culture.
Fantastic work life balance

Lots of travel away from the standard office out in the field
My position was as supervisor however there was no management for food and beverage so I was in charge of restaurant/bar and events during the shift. No staff, however they still want the job to be done. The operation manager and general manager are very dictatorial. They do not tolerate you to let staff have little breakfast but themselves are the first at the buffet. When Manager Directors visited the place all the managers were helping with everything so they look good to their bosses however as soon as the Manager Directors leave they go to party with the rest of managers and leave the staff to run the shifts. Its shame because the place where I worked was beautiful place and the owners of Valor Hospitality are very nice people but they dont know what actually happen in reality when they are not there. I would suggest them to be undercover boss to find out themselves.
Pros
If you work over 6 hours you get a sandwich.
Cons
Dictatorial Management. You feel like you are working on 1950s where there were no human rights.
looking after multiple events, outlets & functions is challenging but rewarding, learning how to stay ahead is essential to run the operation effective management of the department and tem is essential, keeping on top of the changes & staff is the hardest part.
the staff are the most rewarding
Pros
all the usual benefits
Cons
high pressured environment
This company is an utter shambles don't care about the welfare of there staff but sooner flog them till they end up poorly and have to go on sick leave. To be honest its all about profits with them and sod the people who made them money in the first place. Couldn't run a bath is a understatement worse years of my life working with them if you value your mental health please DON'T DO IT!!
Pros
when I left Faulty Towers
Cons
where do I start
A relative newcomer to the UK, it burst upon the scene in 2014 as the management company appointed to run the newly acquired QMH UK properties on behalf of Marathon LLP.
With a vision of running 50 Hotels across Europe within 5 years, it began strongly with the purchase of 9 Hotels to complement the existing portfolio. However further deals were stifled by the subsequent 'Brexit' referendum result which proved somewhat beneficial in that it turned the focus on to gaining the best from it's current properties.

As the business partner relationships developed the portfolio was consolidated by strategic sales; upgrading of many Holiday Inn's to Crowne Plaza; expanding capacity; bedroom refurbishment; & a radical approach to in-Hotel dining.

Based on a strong ethos of employee engagement it is growing from strength to strength.

On the whole a very pleasant place to work where dedication & enthusiasm are anticipated; individual contribution is encouraged; & the opportunity to progress is always available for those looking to make a full career form the industry.
Pros
Free Lunches on duty, Uniform; International hotel discounts; Team engagement
I truly enjoy working with Valor Hospitality Europe, as there is great work life balance and a friendly and helpful team with whom I work. My role also has great autonomy which I enjoy as it puts me in the driver's seat and allows me to make on the spot decisions.

most importantly is the care and warmth felt at my work place which for me is the best part of working with Valor Hospitality Europe.