Valor Hospitality Employee Reviews

great hotel
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UK12 December 2018
Lovely hotel, recently refurbished and great working environment. City center hotel, great location with good transport links in and out of Manchester.
Dictatorial Management
F&B Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 November 2018
My position was as supervisor however there was no management for food and beverage so I was in charge of restaurant/bar and events during the shift. No staff, however they still want the job to be done. The operation manager and general manager are very dictatorial. They do not tolerate you to let staff have little breakfast but themselves are the first at the buffet. When Manager Directors visited the place all the managers were helping with everything so they look good to their bosses however as soon as the Manager Directors leave they go to party with the rest of managers and leave the staff to run the shifts. Its shame because the place where I worked was beautiful place and the owners of Valor Hospitality are very nice people but they dont know what actually happen in reality when they are not there. I would suggest them to be undercover boss to find out themselves.
Pros
If you work over 6 hours you get a sandwich.
Cons
Dictatorial Management. You feel like you are working on 1950s where there were no human rights.
high volume, multi operational
Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 August 2018
looking after multiple events, outlets & functions is challenging but rewarding, learning how to stay ahead is essential to run the operation effective management of the department and tem is essential, keeping on top of the changes & staff is the hardest part.
the staff are the most rewarding
Pros
all the usual benefits
Cons
high pressured environment
Very poor company to have the misfortune to work for
dogs body (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom28 May 2018
This company is an utter shambles don't care about the welfare of there staff but sooner flog them till they end up poorly and have to go on sick leave. To be honest its all about profits with them and sod the people who made them money in the first place. Couldn't run a bath is a understatement worse years of my life working with them if you value your mental health please DON'T DO IT!!
Pros
when I left Faulty Towers
Cons
where do I start
Finding it's feet
Area Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Leeds27 March 2018
A relative newcomer to the UK, it burst upon the scene in 2014 as the management company appointed to run the newly acquired QMH UK properties on behalf of Marathon LLP.
With a vision of running 50 Hotels across Europe within 5 years, it began strongly with the purchase of 9 Hotels to complement the existing portfolio. However further deals were stifled by the subsequent 'Brexit' referendum result which proved somewhat beneficial in that it turned the focus on to gaining the best from it's current properties.
As the business partner relationships developed the portfolio was consolidated by strategic sales; upgrading of many Holiday Inn's to Crowne Plaza; expanding capacity; bedroom refurbishment; & a radical approach to in-Hotel dining.
Based on a strong ethos of employee engagement it is growing from strength to strength.
On the whole a very pleasant place to work where dedication & enthusiasm are anticipated; individual contribution is encouraged; & the opportunity to progress is always available for those looking to make a full career form the industry.
Pros
Free Lunches on duty, Uniform; International hotel discounts; Team engagement
Inovative, Lively and Fun Environment
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool21 February 2017
I truly enjoy working with Valor Hospitality Europe, as there is great work life balance and a friendly and helpful team with whom I work. My role also has great autonomy which I enjoy as it puts me in the driver's seat and allows me to make on the spot decisions.

most importantly is the care and warmth felt at my work place which for me is the best part of working with Valor Hospitality Europe.