VALLEYS TO COAST HOUSING Employee Reviews

Downhill
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend22 November 2019
V2C loves a good restructure seeming to average 1 a year. This is very unsettling for staff who might prefer more secure employment such as being a premiership football club manager.

The company appears not to have any regard for its history having released most of its longest serving staff in the past 5 years.

I left a number of good friends at V2C so I hope for their sake that the company manages to turn itself around.
A really exciting time for the business!
Finance (Current Employee) –  Bridgend20 November 2019
Valleys to Coast is an exciting place to be with a huge agenda for change and is really focusing on delivering for our customers.
There is a real desire throughout the organisation to do the right thing and an energy to deliver tangible improvements.
It is busy, and it's not always easy, but hugely rewarding and the team is fantastic.
No two days are the same and on a Sunday night I look forward to getting to work on Monday morning - that's quite something in my book!
Vibrant organisation with lots of variety
Head of Communications (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend14 November 2019
A fast moving organisation with lots of change and variety.

Our offices are newly furnished and now look modern & vibrant, with lots of different areas. There's collaborative areas, quiet areas, reading rooms, a great space to relax and eat lunch too.

The focus has shifted to becoming customer centric and this is demonstrated through a wide range of projects such as our forward programme, our BEST programme and our customer mapping journeys.

It's a great organisation if you want to progress and succeed, with lots of supportive colleagues who are always on hand to give some great advice and mentoring.
Pros
Flexible/Agile working, paid holidays, work/life balance, great working space.
Cons
I commute an hour to work.
Clinging to the local authority culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend13 October 2019
New exec are clueless, no background in Housing, Maintenance or Assets, all about hype and awards .
Old LA stock transfer execs, heads and managers sat doing nothing for years oblivious to it all. Place is now a mess only attracting talent with no substance, ridiculous titles like author of customer experience. Recently lots the sycophant staff took a paid day off to play rounders with the other Housing association career climbers paid for with V2C rents.
V2C is highly confused in its organisational structure. It has a high turnover of permanent staff owing to low staff morale
FTC Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend23 September 2019
There is a blame culture in this organisation, leading to a high turnover of staff meaning that there is a high level of knowledge gaps. Directors choose not to take advice from their direct reports who are Subject Matter Experts meaning that staff become demoralised and feel their credibility is undermined. There is also a “do as I say, or.....” culture which inhibits initiatives. The high turnover of staff leads to stress for the rest of the workforce meaning that there is a high level of long term absenteeism.
Time for Change
Rent Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgend8 November 2016
I have enjoyed working here, but the morale and feeling amongst staff is incredibly low at present. There are good points to the organisation but I feel that I need to move on.