Vp plc

Vp plc Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews
Ok employer but they are a very clicky management team, if your face fits its cool
Employed to do a senior role, did the job for 14 months and was achieving as required but they had management role changes and my new superior made me redundant just so he could give my work to one of his favourites under new job description. I wouldn't recommend them for senior roles but have no knowledge if this is throughout the company or not
Great lads to work with.
Good chances of progression if thats your thing, good hours of work offered, weekend work is plentiful along with overtime if wanted. Good training offered, no issues with health and safety as they are keen in this in all the depots.
Pros
Working hours, nice work vehical
Cons
Wages not the best, you have to work weekends to bump your wages to accepable level.
low morale
During my time working for VP plc i found the company to be professional with lots of in house training, sadly the bonus targets set are unrealistic, causing low morale.
Farcical
Promises to train and then you ask and their isn’t any when all training is done in house other staff do as they please but you do one thing and it’s a written warning or threatened with Disciplinary's when something happens out of your control, other staff can aduse you in front of others and even call you a racist in front of management and nothing is said
Nice people but not a great salary
Salary not grea, then expenses also claimed on top this eg ca, personal fuel etc.

People are extremely friendly within organisation though.

Restrictive with not much scope of development opportunities.
Avoid at all cost
Terrible people to work for, double standards at every turn.

Assistant manager would try to catch you out by ringing customers whilst you were onsite, asking what time did our driver arrive, how long was he there etc etc.

If as a driver, you took a slightly longer but quieter route home to avoid sitting in traffic, you would get the Spanish Inquisition on your return.

As an employee you would be made to work till finishing time on the dot everyday, whilst management took it in turns to finish early, and turn up late.

I have had three personal friends how have worked here at the Chester branch, and all of them have left, probably for same reasons I did, bullying management.

They advertise for drivers every 3 months or so because nobody can stick it.
Pros
5pm
Cons
Starting time
Busy and confusing
I enjoyed working for VP PLC or ESS safeforce as my branch was called. It was a steady job most of the time, Learning the ins and outs was the most difficult part. They did great training opportunities and I got to travel to the courses, all paid for.
Poor company to work for
Management a joke , people punching above their level , no understanding of service and a terrible place to work
Customer service shocking

Jobs for the boys

Would not listen to staff or customers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vp plc?
Temporary position that was extended for 2 weeks until position filled full-time
People were nice & helpful Office was reasonably relaxed mainly open plan Main responsibilities changed once or twice although believe that wouldn't normally be the case
Fast Paced and challenging
A typical day at work is never the same as the last.
It is fast paced and gives you an insight into the plant hire world in the rail industry.

It comes with its challenges but overall is a really enjoyable place to work at.
Pros
Christmas parties
Cons
Out of hours work
Interesting company
Real shame starting with this company and Certainly not the best regarding being organised lots of redundancy’s lately
no job security if I knew what I know now I’d have avoided employment and Initial interest within this company from the start lots of false promises I’m afraid
review of VP
Driving plant to various other depots in the country.
Improved communication skills

Some supportive team members

Management require additional training.
Pros
monday - friday working
Cons
poor management and leadership
supportive work colleagues
A good place to work and i have made some amazing friends
the other managers are very supportive

you do have to make your own way in the company and it is not

for the faint heart .

some upper management are very much stuck in the 80's with the way they deal with their staff .

As soon as this is dealt with i am sure this will be a first rate company to work for

I wish there were more woman at my level as i was only one of 5/6 woman in a depot situation, not good for nearly 250 depots.

despite that i will miss the company and my colleagues.
Great please to work
Plenty of opportunities for you to develop if you put the time and effort in. Night or days it’s your choice but the work isn’t hard with a friendly atmosphere.
Mostly productive
Autonomy can quickly turn into micro management.
There is a never ending level of admin.

Wide variety of customers.

Different challenge almost every day.
Awful place to work for
I worked for their sub company ESS safeforce and the company massively dictated to by VP in terms of pay promotions etc. The pay is terrible and there is absolutely no chance of a promotion. The management all dont have a clue how anyones job work and the company is under staffed. I would not reccomend working here
Pros
Cons
Pay, promotions and bad directors
Never have I experienced a lack of professionalism!
Never, have I experienced such none professionalism...
A company that condones their Managers actions!

One that turns up intoxicated, who is unfit for duty, bullies her staff!

Has no duty of care for her workers or clients !

just wants to make profit!!!!
Total disgrace of a company
Above branch management level the rest of the sooo called human beings are a joke a total joke. They care for no one and nothing other than lining their pockets..
Regional directors think they own you and believe that the staff owe them thanks for giving you a rubbishjob with no prospects or respect. Your treated like a nothing and spoke to when they can be botheredpassing the time of day with you. Hard work, loyalty, dedication, good time keeping are all NOT REWARDED!!!!

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND DO NOT WORK FOR THIS SHAMBOLIC COWBOY OUTFIT
Pros
Cons
Everyone above branch manager
Stable expanding business
ESS Safeforce has been great to me so I could not fault them in anyway.

They are a fast growing company with a lot to offer as being part of the VP Plc group.
Pros
Job security
Cons
N/a
Office
Not very understanding. Colleague was a bully.

Made me feel bad about everything which forced me to quite

The offices were really hot and no air. Kitchen was tiny had to eat your lunch on your lap in discomfort.

Couldn’t even eat at your desk in comfort
Pros
Cons
Loads
Good company to work for over the years
my typical day at work could be long, ranging from travelling to London,Scotland or Europe, early starts 4.30 sometimes not getting in/ to the hotel until 10pm

the hardest part of the job is the uncertainty not knowing where i need to be and travel at short notice

the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of completing schemes or when i feel like i have helped somebody
Pros
self managed to a degree
Cons
long days/weeks