Vp plc Employee Reviews

Total disgrace of a company
Branch Assistant/ dogs body/scud book (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire5 April 2019
Above branch management level the rest of the sooo called human beings are a joke a total joke. They care for no one and nothing other than lining their pockets..
Regional directors think they own you and believe that the staff owe them thanks for giving you a rubbishjob with no prospects or respect. Your treated like a nothing and spoke to when they can be botheredpassing the time of day with you. Hard work, loyalty, dedication, good time keeping are all NOT REWARDED!!!!
DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND DO NOT WORK FOR THIS SHAMBOLIC COWBOY OUTFIT
Pros
Cons
Everyone above branch manager
Stable expanding business
Training Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Wellingborough3 April 2019
ESS Safeforce has been great to me so I could not fault them in anyway.

They are a fast growing company with a lot to offer as being part of the VP Plc group.
Pros
Job security
Cons
N/a
Office
VP PLC (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire31 January 2019
Not very understanding. Colleague was a bully.

Made me feel bad about everything which forced me to quite

The offices were really hot and no air. Kitchen was tiny had to eat your lunch on your lap in discomfort.

Couldn’t even eat at your desk in comfort
Pros
Cons
Loads
Great company to work for
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent11 December 2018
The company as a whole is a great place to work. the overall work ethic is good, the staff are knowledgeable and friendly. Training is excellent.
the management have a good understanding of the business and a commitment to excellence.
Pros
Training, staff, ethics
Cons
Paperwork is over the top
Ex fitter
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow13 September 2018
Management clueless, expect you to work weekends overtime night shift but loose out on your Rostered dayshift on Monday. No incentive. Casual workers make more wages than full time men.
Pros
Good PPE
Cons
Very few, unskilled fitters hired who haven’t a clue
Average job like they all are
Fitter (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 May 2018
A large company. Job can vary depending who you work with and what you do. Average wages. Not much scope for progression but good if you just want to earn money and get stuck into routine.
Pros
Some contracts are Monday to Friday and permanent days
Cons
Upper management tends to expect too much
Management stuck in the past.
Mobile Rail Fitter (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 December 2017
going round rail depots servicing and repairing rail plant.
Job and hours are good but management leave a lot to be desired..its their way or the highway even if your way is better.
Pros
working hours
Cons
Pay/management
Interesting, lots to learn
Senior Hire Administrator (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom17 November 2017
Typical day is dealing with depots and sites re the hired equipment.
I learnt totally new skills as I had never worked in Construction before.
New Management structure in place currently so I am not able to make a sound comment on this section.
People work hard and care about the work.
The hardest part is learning the kit.
The most enjoyable part is learning new skills/products.
Pros
Dress down Friday
Cons
Too much swearing allowed in the office
productive workplace
Labourer/Groundworker (Current Employee) –  Barnstaple23 June 2017
a good company to work for, they try to give you the hours specially if you have a family to provide for. the put you through courses and help you learn and achieve things you want to. lovely bunch of people
Pros
hours are there if you want them and you learn stuff every day
Good company
Temporary gardening assistant (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London6 December 2016
I was employed on a temporary basis to support a team on a return to work scheme. The line-managers were pleasant people, helpful and very patient as mentors to the trainees. I only spent a couple of weeks there but those on the scheme could acquire useful assets for their CVs; training, experience,certification and references. It seemed like a good place to work.
Pros
Straight forward work
Cons
Trainees did not all put in the effort
Inexperienced management
Rail small tools fitter (Current Employee) –  London24 August 2016
Torrent is a small minded company that likes to force you into giving up your weekends by paying a derisory wage Monday to Friday, it completely ignores any work/life balance by doing this. The management belong in the 70's with its 'our way is best even if your idea is better' policy. This aside from the overtime being handed out to the managements 'friends' first.
Pros
I kept my previous contract under tupe
Cons
Discrimination, low wage
No future opportunites
Hire Controller (Current Employee) –  Wellingborough, ENG28 May 2015
I enjoyed working at ESS Safeforce, but I just prefer to being in a role where I can see myself being there in the future. This is not the case at ESS Safeforce.

I enjoyed working as a team as well as on my own to try and hit targets and getting that buzz if we do.

I learned a lot of at ESS Safeforce, but more skills/ lessons stand out more than others such as; multi-tasking between internal/ external stakeholders as well as customers. My strength of working under pressure greatly improved since working here, such as coming up with the best solutions for the customer in a short given amount of time, such as a quote for a customer, trying to get the sale/ hire.
Good stepping stone
Depot Co ordinator (Current Employee) –  Rotherham27 January 2015
This is basically my stepping stone to a different workplace/environment where there is much more potential to progress and achieve more, Torrent has learnt me a lot and developed my skills and made me realise my potential massively, however, i am now ready to take the next step into a different workplace and better myself. I have all the determination required to achieve this and i will given the right opportunity.
Pros
relaxed environment, good management
Cons
Lack of progression, salary
fun work place
Machine Fitter (Former Employee) –  Rotherham5 August 2014
A typical day was serviceing railway equipment for there customers,on time deliverys to site,i was on call most weekends to keep plant running if broke down.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours required
excellent
Lighting Tech (Former Employee) –  Lichfield, ENG14 February 2014
excellent company to work for with a good salary and positions are available within the company once you are an established member of the team.,
well established company
Leading Hand, Foreman, Project co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  National19 October 2013
long hours, driving , I learned about customer relations, skills involved in the job, it skills, I worked well with others, or alone, the hardest part about the job was the time spent away from home, the enjoyable part was the satisfaction of leaving customers happy.
Pros
the relationship with co workers
Cons
Long hours, driving long distances
Fun place to work and very organised
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough16 July 2012
I would work on the computers and call customers about their equipment that was either due for service or had been serviced. I liaised with the service engineers who would inform me of any servicing or repairs that needed doing to the equipment.
I enjoyed speaking to customers and integrating with people.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
very noisy