UXBRIDGE COLLEGE

UXBRIDGE COLLEGE Employee Reviews

A good stable place to work. High job security. The company follows the rule to the word however they could do well with slightly more sympathy and empathy.
working experience at uxbridge college was ok the work environment was a calm and slow paced environement and my colleagues were easy to deal with and collaborate with.
They believe they are better than everyone and are never willing to learn. Their method of choosing people for jobs depends on personal preferences, not who is best for the job. Employees are treated like idiots and are frowned upon if they are not working 12 hours a day. You get absolutely no recognition as the person above takes credit. They make
Generally very demanding and ambitious. Very pushy and old school management but they are well meaning. Only the strong survive here but it builds character and provides numerous opportunities for personal and professional development.
I came into the workplace and all of them were enthusiastic and making the team and me included (on work experience) as a family which made me feel at home. i learned that working as a team helped me work as a team. The management was brilliant which help me learn that i have to be able to talk to each of the workers nicely and not to disrespect anyone in the workforce. The hardest part was when I came in at the start when I tried talking to everyone. The most enjoyable part was to be able to be friendly.
Pros
Getting to know everybody and be friendly.
Cons
Knowing where it was.
Not a bad place to work. Not much job advancement and working with students is difficult unless you have experience dealing with teenagers daily. Would recommend
I love it very much the teacher are very helpful. the colleagues are very kind and polite the place is clean and you feel very safe when you are their.
It is as good as you make it. You need to put the time in to get the results back. The lifestyle I think is relatively laid back and you have to be self motivated. This works well for myself, but for others it may not.
This college is quite good in the matter of providing a qualification however they do not know how to manage lessons for students, the breaks are always too big and out of place, for example for me I have a single lesson on a Thursday and then a 2 and a half hour break before my second and last lesson, I could finish that day at 1:30 pm however I finish at 4pm, and i have literally nothing to do in the long breaks since i always keep up with deadlines.
Pros
Everyone there is nice and polite
Cons
long hours, long breaks, no lunch included
Fun place to work with various challenges that keep you on your toes. Very satisfying to help students who struggle with learning difficulties. Overall a good experience.
I work as a part time lecture, providing utilities courses and also help BTEC student in their mathematics and Physics. I have found the job satisfactory and quite good one to do it but fortunately it was on contract job
Pros
There was no free launch
Cons
There was no long hours
A typical day included me helping to get equipment ready and make sure it was functioning for new staff. I was working voluntarily so i wasnt being payed, however i learnt a lot such as teamwork and communication.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Repetitive
A great place to work . Great facilities and location. Teamwork, dedication and some great support . Sport, Travel and Public Services was the best in London.
Pros
Staff
Cons
I have enjoyed my time at Uxbridge College. I have managed to get some really great experience and have demonstrated my skills as a teacher with above average grades. A typical week at work consisted of around 26 teaching hours and the remainder of the time spent on marking, prepping, one to one sessions and CPD. I have a positive and cooperative relationship with management and have always maintained a strong team bond with my work colleagues. The college is a very hard working and driven college with a lot of importance placed on value added and high grades. They are very motivated to improve and pass inspections and have a positive learner voice. The hardest part of the current role is keeping on top of all of the additional administration duties and the most enjoyable part is being in lessons and teaching the students.
I learnt a lot and am continuing to learn with fantastic support from management. The college is a new building, has complete access control so is brilliant in terms of safeguarding.
Twice week i organized the invoices . Every day Bank Reconciliation and petty cash Excel Thay always give support and show me sometimes how to do the task. I really enjoy my time with then .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
few hours day
Gave me alot of support when I needed it it's a great place to further your education. Easy to get to by using public transport makes you feel like part of a team.
Pros
Easy to get to help on hand when needed
Cons
No cons
Introducing students to Uxbridge College and giving information about the courses along with sharing personal experiences. Requires a lot of energy and strength as you have to keep moving.
Pros
A free drink
Cons
Very tiring
I have worked at Uxbridge College for a year now and my contract is ending on the 25th of July 2017, I have enjoyed my time in my Marketing role mainly doing design based work. I have learned many things in marketing and have been blessed to be working in such a great team, I am now in the process of looking for a new job in marketing as they unfortunately can't offer me a job at Uxbridge College in a marketing role because of a merger happening with Harrow College and they are freezing the jobs. The most enjoyable part of my day is doing designs that I have been given for social media based work.
Pros
On site gym, great people, good hours
Cons
Refectory is poor in terms of quality and pricing.
I learned alot in Uxbridge College library. The most interesting part for me was that I got to know that we have all types of books over there that I couldnt even imagine. The staff was very friendly.
Great opportunity to develop and challenge the status quo and share in the excitement of developing something new in technology then. All providing training in a new industry that was then taking the world by storm.
Pros
Room to develop new ideas and share
Cons
Overstretched on finance
  1. Employee reviews