UrbanLeaf Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Cardiff14 October 2019
Urbanleaf are honestly not a company worth your time if you're serious about getting a stable job. Basically, not a job for people with bills to pay and a life to lead.

Upon my first day in the company, I achieved two sales, which was not a weak day of fundraising at all. However, nepotism runs foul at this company. I was fired for not "owning the street" whilst I saw lesser performing staff members who had friendly relationships with the management survive the culling. Not a strong look for this company at all.

I'd later find out that there is a strong culture in this job of cutting the fat whenever possible. If you get this job, believe me when I say you have not actually got it at all, and Urbanleaf are simply looking for some cheap, disposable workforce.

Notice how they're always "urgently looking"?
Brilliant
Fundraising Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 October 2019
Urban leaf is an amazing organisation to work for. They're very conscientious about the wellbeing of their staff and our boss goes out of her way to make sure everybody on the team feels comfortable and at home. We're all very proud of the work we do and having worked for other organisations I feel this is the happiest one I've been at.
Pros
Team is amazing
They need better training, no job security
Urbanleaf fundraiser (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 October 2019
I was thrilled to find out that I had "got the job" for Urbanleaf, but realistically I had only got to round two of the interviews. What I mean by this is that although I had signed a contract, the job wasn't mine yet. Normally a 4 week probation period is used to see if you are suitable for the job over a few weeks (unless you do anything bad) but not so you can be fired on the spot of your first day. We were told several times to just enjoy our "practice day" and we were under the impression this was our chance to work out what works for us and find our strong points. We did not get a chance to watch the other fundraisers for guidance and it was very much that you were thrown on the street on your first day and either are great or fired. It would be more effective for them to have a second round of interview where they test you in the job, and then if you get the job offer proper hands on training so that people have a chance to show what they can do in the probation period. I was given two hours. That is not enough time to know someone's potential.
incredible hawkish, no regard for their staff.
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Bristol29 September 2019
I would just like to say that my experience working with UrbanLeaf has been really disappointing, I was lead to believe that I would have the proper training and would have at least have a trial period. My regional manager, apart from showing no interest in what the actual charity provided, decided to let me go after just two days. In that time I was expected to get an unattainable amount of sign-ups. On my second day, I was able to get 1 sing up. Considering this was my first time working as a fundraiser on the street, I thought this was an excitable starting point to be able to go in on Monday and grow from there. At the end of Friday, My regional manager took me aside after working all day in the rain and said that I was "too nice" to continue working for Urbanleaf. I would never recommend Urbanleaf to anybody. What is presented is not what UrbanLeaf puts in practice. I appreciate UrbanLeaf taking me on however, I regret taking the job as it has just wasted my time and caused me unnecessary stress and anxiety.
I love my job!!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Scotland6 September 2019
Urbanleaf is an incredibly team to be part of the support, encouragement & motivation I have received has not only made me a better fundraising but allowed me to pass my skills on to others, seeing team members flourish had most definitely been a highlight of my working career so far.
The support I have received from management & team members has been fantastic both in & out of work.
Working as a street fundraiser isn’t always easy.. but it’s always worth it. Its definitely gave me a better understanding for others and myself I’m very happy I applied.
Lively and vibrant workplace
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 July 2019
Really amazing work atmosphere, the team all supports one another and management genuinely care about their workers and development.
Great place to further develop your own skills.
Pros
Get to see different parts of England
Great and amazing work environment
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 July 2019
This is a great agency to be a part of. The management are amazing and understanding and do everything in their power to make sure you are happy in your job and give you as much support as you need to be an even better fundraiser.
Pros
Free lunches and other great incentives
Cons
The public can be tough sometimes
My favourite job to date!
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 July 2019
Working for UrbanLeaf is a delight. It is very rare to find a company where you feel supported, listened to and appreciated for all your hard work. It doesn't feel like work when, our Recruitment team are just a bunch of friends, who love what they do and all share the same passion for charities.
Positive, Professional and Passionate
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Central London11 July 2019
An extremely supportive place to work. Small and incredibly focused on the charity partners. Like any industry and job you do, there has to be that sense of drive, and striving for excellence, which UrbanLeaf is totally committed to delivering.
Pros
The Culture and the Support
Positive and Passionate
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Central London11 July 2019
UrbanLeaf is small and very focused on the charities we partner with. There are no commission based pay structures across the board, and the focus is very much on the quality of the donors not the quantity. There are most definitely performance based goals, and like any job you do, you have to be great at it and have that natural talent. There is a huge culture of promoting from within, and utilising each person's individual skill-set.
Pros
The Culture
Productive and fun
Charity Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  London11 July 2019
fun place to work, great enviorment and and atmosphere.
UrbanLeaf deliver with a great culture
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  London21 June 2019
A fantastically supportive company where talent is nurtured and individuality encouraged. A fast-paced and exciting place to work where no two days are the same.
Pros
Working with people who are passionate about what they do
Cons
Fun and vibrant place for outgoing hard workers!
I get to spend lots of time both with our team in head office and our fundraisers so really I have the best of both worlds. The fundraisers are so friendly and passionate about making a difference to our charity partners. The teams are always socialising after work. We do company socials twice a year and you're really made feel at home. This job isn't for everyone, you need to resilient, hard working, passionate and a fantastic communicator.
Pros
Lots of socialising, meeting new people, constant communication
Cons
The unpredictable London weather
Love working for UrbanLeaf
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 June 2019
I've been working with UrbanLeaf for over two years now, it really is a great place to work. They're great people who care about what they're doing and about the people who work for them. I couldn't recommend this company more... :-)
Street Fubdraiser (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff7 February 2019
Fun environment
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  East Midlands24 October 2018
I enjoy fundraising because it's about inspiring people to help others. Of the fundraising companies I've worked at Urban Leaf is by far the best, they pay the highest rate in the industry and the teams are full of great supportive people which for me is one of the most important things in a job.

The hours are good as you always have evenings and weekends free, and you get to travel to new places each day and the travel is paid for. If anything the days go really quick compared to any other job I've had!
Pros
Fun environment, helping charities, good pay
Wonderful place to work for
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 October 2018
I spent a short time here due to other commitments but the company is wonderful to work for. Yes, it's a tough job. But so are most jobs. This job is for hard workers and people who like to make a difference in the world.
Pros
Amazing pay
Cons
Sometimes long travel times to get to site
Misleading and Unsecure Position
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Scotland21 August 2018
Overall I think more intense training is needed to do this job. Objection handling and how to handle certain scenarios and even roleplay should be part of training. I signed up to a four week probation. They said they can usually tell by the end of the first week. I personally sacrificed an awful lot and took a big gamble even taking the job. Regional manager seemed nice. Team leader constructive with criticism and honest. I started to get pledges for them to tell me they just don't see it working out. In all fairness I didn't see through a whole week so I don't see how i got the fair end of the bargain. I feel like my time was thoroughly wasted and in addition to that taken for granted. No follow up phone call from management either. I'm bitterly disappointed having been so impressed by what I'd seen on social media about empowering and encouraging their staff.
Pros
Good rate of pay
Cons
Not good pension. Very little honesy on employers part misleading
Street Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Scotland12 June 2018
Simple job
Care Caller (Former Employee) –  London6 May 2018
Care calling was not difficult, at times people you rang were rude because they thought you were trying to sell them something. It gets pretty boring. The office is small but in a nice location, people are nice. Every month you listen to some of your calls with them and they help you to improve. They bring in people who work for the charities to tell you more about them which is really nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UrbanLeaf. Our community is ready to answer.

UrbanLeaf Reviews by Location