Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 121 reviews matching the search See all 1,303 reviews
young and fresh environmnet
Sailing woman (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 August 2018
If your a young boy/girl looking for a job, then Urban Outfitters is definitely the right place for you! Full of young and friendly people your job won't ever get boring.
Fun place
Being an active team member (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent1 August 2018
Very lively atmosphere with fun work colleagues that made it very enjoyable to come to work. Work was a little repetitive but nonetheless time went very quick due to how fun it was.
wouldn't recommend
Senior Sales promoted to Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent18 July 2018
in my experience there was not fair management and staff were not treated equally. To much is expected of staff and looking back the wage was not enough for the work being done.
Decent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street4 July 2018
This was my first ever job and I was so excited to work here. The discount of 40% was great. However the work environment was depressing. Not al the staff and managers were friendly which made going to work less fun. It’s like the company only cares for your labour to receive large profits and in return they slap a 40% discount to compensate for the horrible staff environment. Would I recommend? Nope. I would rather work in a friendly staff environment who actually care about their employees and who are welcome. There was barely any basic training at the beginning. I understand you learn as you go, but it’s like they expect you to know everything and be perfect the first time. I would go into work tense but still willing to work my hardest and smile. And then I’ll come out of work in tears and just down and worthless.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Depressing staff environment
Nice colleagues and enjoyable work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London20 June 2018
Enjoyable work however only complaint is that as a student I had specific times I could not work however there was little regard for this. Colleagues were generally very nice and managers were pleasant.
Very productive and energetic work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast18 June 2018
I’m this work place I would be asking customers about there interest on buying products and try to help them find what they are looking for I was able to resolve complaints and have each customer leave happy. The hardest part about this job was dealing with rude customers although I had a smile on my face. But the most enjoyable part of this job was being able to see a customer leave satisfied:
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Members of staff
Fun and good workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 June 2018
worked at UO part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good discounts

Cons

Very rude and entitled management. Little support

Advice to Management

Hire people who aren’t pretentious
It a nice place to work for
Returns Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire7 June 2018
Urban outfitters is a grate place to work not only for having lots of benefits by being its employees , but also for having a grate culture.
All this makes Urban outfitters outstanding , different then any other companies.You are not only an worker at Urban outfitters you are everything as you have lots of fun , flexibility and joy!
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire29 May 2018
Starting from a boring job to the pay that is a joke. And what else is a joke? The management! Or a lack of one. The "management" consists of people on the playground coming to work to play on their phones and not do what they actually are supposed to be doing.
Pros
Cons
Mostly everything
Negative, depressive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London18 May 2018
I worked in the UO flagship store on Oxford street, management are rude and patronising. Constantly expect you to cover shifts for them but do not want to listen to simple requests from employees. Overall, they want you to put in your all but they dont care about you. You also never leave on time, often getting kept behind for 2 extra hours when closing due to poor management and lack of staff.
Pros
40% Staff discount
Cons
everything else
interesting
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater14 May 2018
met some good people
learned a lot about working in a big coe
can be hectic
people can be clique orientated
sometimes stock can be hard to process and undersrand
Not a fun place to work in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Circus13 May 2018
A typical day in urban outfitters is so bad, nothing to enjoy. the management was absolutely rubbish. Especially the managers and seniors. staff don't have enough respect for one another.
Pros
no Pros
Cons
long hours and less break
Nice work experience
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  shorditch7 May 2018
Everyday for 2 weeks I arrived at Urban outfitters in spitafields/ Shoreditch at 9am for the opening at 10 am. Some of the responsibilities that I had during my short stay at Urban outfitters was to clean the shop floor, fold all clothes accordingly in size order to steam clothes and to talk to customers. This built up my customer service skills as I am now much more confident in speaking to customers and engaging them into buying products.
Pros
nice enviroment
Cons
intense working
Run of the mill
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Firm9 April 2018
An okay place to work, not a bad retail job whilst studying. Large company so efforts and hard work aren't really recognised. Nice working environment and good employee benefits.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex19 March 2018
Horrible staff.
No real training or focus on the customers.
They are too interested in what they look like and the pay is awful. Would not recommend at all.
Work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 March 2018
Working in Urban Outfitters allowed me to gain a decent amount of retail experience needed for the workplace. I picked up a variety of skills from customer service, decision-making and so on.

The team at Bluewater were very nice, however only being there 2 weeks did not give me a chance to develop friendships with anyone. This also meant meeting the management team once or twice, as I was strictly there for experience which meant being on top of the job and tasking all day.

Even though I gained no income, the experience was great and gave me an opportunity to find out how the retail industry works with a fair amount of insight from Urban Outfitters.
Pros
lunches, discounts
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon22 February 2018
Good group of people to work with. We all work as an effective team which as a whole makes the store run smoothly and efficiently. Hours needed to be managed better.
Cons
Not enough hours
Very slow and chaotic place
Visual merchandiser/ sales assistant (Former Employee) –  westfeild17 February 2018
The constant mele of staff coming and going made it very hard to find a productive role within the store but over all working for the brand was not to bad the hours where very flexible and the customer and co-worker interaction is what made most of the days bearable due to the almost stand offish nature of the management team at the time, just created a Noxious Divide.
Pros
discount on clothes and you meet nice people
Cons
management, pay, Not enough work to do.
Productive and effective learning
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire2 February 2018
Managing orders brought in,
Stock taking and packing,
Managing work well and effective,
The workplace culture was fun,
Hardest part was working in a cold warehouse,
Most enjoyable working with clothes.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 January 2018
The management was laid back but productive team. They made it an enjoyable working environment, they cared for the customers just as much as they cared for their staff. Working there was not much of a chore because all the staff were also fun and easy going.
Pros
Shops discount and loacation
Cons
Taking out the bins

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.