Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 134 reviews matching the search See all 1,464 reviews
Simon dhae
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire12 April 2019
Listen this place was a joke to work for. Even though you had a 100% attendance record and your work was satisfactory you were still overlooked for a full-time position. PS also you had to be the same complexion as the management
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Social and fun place to work
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 April 2019
Fun, cool and trendy place to work. Met many different characters and got to experience working in London. Learned how to build customer relationship skills and how retail structure is organised.
Pros
discounted products
Cons
minium pay
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire6 February 2019
Very relaxed and easy going workplace. Plenty of jobs to do when busy, with customer service being main priority. A friendly and welcoming envirment to work in.
Pros
Chances to progess.
Cons
Unsociable shifts.
Great workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 February 2019
Fun, friendly, good balance of work and home life, good social side to the job as well, great location in Birmingham City Centre and Covent Garden, really fun
Simply the worst job ive ever had!!
Womenswear Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluewater22 January 2019
A typical day is very structured per hour but not planned efficiently to stores needs. The atmosphere of shop is demotivating and senior managers have no respect for staff nor fellow management.
No praises given to staff/managers, always focus on giving negative feedback. Progression chain in urban is a joke, you only get promoted if you are 'liked' and have worked with area managers in the past. Salary is poor considering the turn over of stores. The store is always under staffed some days if your are a manager you can't even leave the shop on your lunch because of simply poor staffing schedules. They're interview process is crazy....they let sales assistants interview ????? Staff and managers don't stay normally any longer then 6-12 months because of simply ending up hating their jobs! Very unorganised and correct HR procedures are rarely carried out. Loss prevention is absolutely dismissed no correct training given to staff and managers. Everyone would moan how much they hate working there I never once heard someone say I love working for urban.
Pros
discount is 40%
Cons
long hours, never get time owed back, rubbish pay
It was a great place to work for, celebrates creativity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex1 January 2019
Was a great place to work but the management would never let you progress throughout the job, so there was no goals.
Was not the most understanding on certain things
Everyone was very friendly, you're allowed to wear what you want and it's a great company to work for as it's different to a lot of retail stores.
Pros
good discount
Cons
Work a lot of days, but mainly 5/4hr shifts, management are not great
Fun and great workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rushden21 December 2018
This jobs is as well work with clothes. This jobs intresting that are not very hard. This work requires more experience and English. It really is very good for advanced people. He may not be suitable as a beginner. Just that is my opinion. This work has great opportunities for improvement. Great team. I like it.
Pros
Three breakes per day
Cons
Arrogant managers
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London23 October 2018
Urban Outfitters was a fun place to work at although very busy at times, but all the staff working there made the job fun. I have learned that patience is the key to any job.
Interesting
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon15 October 2018
The work load itself was fine, i enjoyed my day to day role. Im interested in fashion so working at urban was a good way to see many different styles.
good place to work if you're young
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden3 October 2018
Good place to work if you are in your late teens. I met great friends there and have great memories. The only bad thing is that the pay is awful and it's long hours.
poorly run but great work colleagues.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire2 October 2018
poorly run but great work colleagues. no work life balance, appalling pay, its made up slightly by the 40% off but theirs only so many jeans and fairy lights that can make up for it.
Great Staff but Operationally Awful
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London26 September 2018
Clashing personalities in upper management make for horrible pressure for managers and unhappy staff. Being told to do something for the sake of doing something is the norm. No investment in technological advancement. They pay the national minimum wage in London which should be illegal.
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else.
Fun environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westfield white city20 September 2018
Urban Outfitters is a social placewith good work culture, staff are great and enjoyable to be around however its hard work and not worth the pay they offer.
Fun work environment and great progression
Women's Accessories Deputy Department Manager (Former Employee) –  York11 September 2018
Great place to work for the young fashionables and great progression for staff who want to work their way up in retail, lots of opportunities. Management on the whole are approachable and create a great moral in stores. The benefits are good like holidays and discount, however the management pay needs to be looked at as it is very low compared to other retailers. Some operations need updating but on the whole great place to work if you want to enjoy going in to work every day.
young and fresh environmnet
Sailing woman (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 August 2018
If your a young boy/girl looking for a job, then Urban Outfitters is definitely the right place for you! Full of young and friendly people your job won't ever get boring.
Fun place
Being an active team member (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent1 August 2018
Very lively atmosphere with fun work colleagues that made it very enjoyable to come to work. Work was a little repetitive but nonetheless time went very quick due to how fun it was.
wouldn't recommend
Senior Sales promoted to Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent18 July 2018
in my experience there was not fair management and staff were not treated equally. To much is expected of staff and looking back the wage was not enough for the work being done.
Decent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street4 July 2018
This was my first ever job and I was so excited to work here. The discount of 40% was great. However the work environment was depressing. Not al the staff and managers were friendly which made going to work less fun. It’s like the company only cares for your labour to receive large profits and in return they slap a 40% discount to compensate for the horrible staff environment. Would I recommend? Nope. I would rather work in a friendly staff environment who actually care about their employees and who are welcome. There was barely any basic training at the beginning. I understand you learn as you go, but it’s like they expect you to know everything and be perfect the first time. I would go into work tense but still willing to work my hardest and smile. And then I’ll come out of work in tears and just down and worthless.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Depressing staff environment
Nice colleagues and enjoyable work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London20 June 2018
Enjoyable work however only complaint is that as a student I had specific times I could not work however there was little regard for this. Colleagues were generally very nice and managers were pleasant.
Very productive and energetic work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast18 June 2018
I’m this work place I would be asking customers about there interest on buying products and try to help them find what they are looking for I was able to resolve complaints and have each customer leave happy. The hardest part about this job was dealing with rude customers although I had a smile on my face. But the most enjoyable part of this job was being able to see a customer leave satisfied:
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Members of staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.