Urban Outfitters Inc.
Information from Urban Outfitters Inc.:

Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom160 reviews
Decent
It’s not bad working at UO but your pay is not worth the stress of the job. The team for me was great and welcoming and made my experience much better.
Worst place I've ever worked.
Okay so, the whole look of working for Urban Outfitters looked great. I'm very into fashion, streetwear all that, so you'd think working somewhere like Urban Outfitters would be the greatest thing. Not at all, the interview was fun, it was a group interview, no dress code for it, just wear what you'd wear day to day, or to fit the look of Urban. I did get a call back the next, which was very exciting.
Right, now the Urban Outfitters I was at was Oxford Circus, the one literally opposite the station, it is hella big. BUT! They had like a million managers, it was very unorganised, I had no rota, I literally had to keep calling up to find out when I'm in next, the people working there aren't friendly at all, unless you get put with a set person to train with, everyone else literally are up their own a*s, it was very awkward. You can't leave on the time you're suppose to leave at, you have to wait for you floor manager to come tell you when you can leave, and each time I was there, I'm staying extra time I'm not getting paid for. You won't have a set lunch time either, you have to also wait. Talking to the girls in the changing rooms, they've all said they hate it there, couple cut down their hours, some even was planning on leaving. I wasn't there for long, but I definitely wasn't about to stay any longer.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here long term unless you are a very very patient person, antisocial or up your own a*s ha.
Enjoyable work culture
Worked at the Oxford Circus flagship store for a year. Overall work culture is very relaxed and enjoyable and the staff is extremely friendly. As with any shop in central it gets very busy so if you are looking to stay on your feet then this is a job for you. Pay is slightly less than other stores (john lewis etc) but the staff discount is good and there were regular socials. As with most retail jobs work can get monotonous.
Pros
Staff discount, relaxed work culture, nice staff
Cons
Long hours, gets hectic at times, pay
Fun work place
I didn't enjoy working here as i was working full time and doing overtime, the pay wasnt great and management were very difficult to work with.
They wasnt very understanding when it came to my medical condition which is very disheartening.

I enjoyed work 50% of the time, sometimes it was fun to be at work but most days i hated it
productive and fun workplace
I really enjoyed coming to work and love how creative and fun everyone was!
there were lots of staff perks including staff appreciation at different times in the year!
job would of been good if management were nice :)
honestly really enjoyed the actual job, folding clothes, manning the tills, working in the fitting rooms, replenishing stock, and u get a discount.. however the people in management or anyone higher than u were just not nice, unless they decided to like you. Definitely a pecking order..
Young workplace, low pay
I would suggest a role like this to students as they mainly only have part-time hours. But it was always fun working with the team, the work/life balance wasn't great but that also depends on the manager and how they deal with your rota.
Very challenging and stressful at times
Attend team briefing pick up scanner start picking or training new personnel how to use a scanner.mangerment continually checking rates meeting targets and high level picking some colleagues were really great and had time for you
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Urban Outfitters Inc.?
Fun workplace but difficult to advance
I enjoyed most of my work at urban outfitters - there wasn't much opportunity for advancement. the workload was manageable but at times demanding when we were short staffed or when someone would call in sick. I feel like the management style wasn't representative of the workplace culture. In that we were often reprimanded for the tiniest of things such as carrying a water bottle on us or sitting down. When the shop itself had such a "laid back" aesthetic and attitude. It didn't really match up with the constant backlash from management
Terrible
The company has a terrible attitude and management of mental health illnesses.

Management are not equipped with the skills to even perform some of their roles and the salary is the worst in the industry - especially considering the size of the teams and progression stunting.
Unsatisfactory
Long days, over stressed and under paid for said stress
not taught anything beyond basics, not pushed to progress through leadership ladder

team was great though, by far the best aspect
Rude
I started work at urban on Monday, I was trained completely wrong and not given all the rules of the workplace correctly, so I made a few mistakes but this is why they have a 3DAY training period, on my 3rd day I was fired because I wasn’t doing it fast enough
what to say
nothing special an had a lot of extra work to pick up for the slack of others including higher management. too relaxed in culture and no real progression. people who should have been moved on were not and allowed to stay in current roles which did not support the business
Low wages
This was an enjoyable job. The wages was way too low for the work we were expected to do. The working environment was good fun and the staff were a good time to be around and made it a very fun place to work
Pay was not the best.
Great atmosphere and people.
The pay was not up to my standard.

Would recommend for students or part time workers.

Easy progression path and great contact between shop floor and head office.
Quite dull and monotonous
Its not that there is much to be done about it. But most of my time working there was spent waiting for something to do, also having to deal with so much theft from customers were frustrating.
work
• Opening and closing the shop floor.
• Operating tills and handling cash, including returns and exchanges.

• Making sure the department was tidy and presentable.

• Clearing clothes from the changing rooms and distributing them to the floor.
Fun place to work
Anthropologie has an incredible time of staff which made the whole experience a lot more enjoyable.

Loved working here and learned so much from the job.
Pros
Working with amazing people
Love the team
Love the team i work with and love the job itself, hours are too long and shift pattern changes every week meaning that days requested off are not always guaranteed. Head office gives you no thanks and always makes simple tasks somewhat complicated.
Like prison
If you could give half a star it be ample. They only keep you on if you're related to someone there or sleeping with someone there. How hard you work and attendance does not come into it.
Pros
Cons
It exists
fun
was fun to work there, pay too low so i had to leave. managers can also be quite rude so they need to be alot nicer to their staff if they want us to enjoy it
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.