Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 127 reviews matching the search See all 1,371 reviews
Fun work environment and great progression
Women's Accessories Deputy Department Manager (Former Employee) –  York11 September 2018
Great place to work for the young fashionables and great progression for staff who want to work their way up in retail, lots of opportunities. Management on the whole are approachable and create a great moral in stores. The benefits are good like holidays and discount, however the management pay needs to be looked at as it is very low compared to other retailers. Some operations need updating but on the whole great place to work if you want to enjoy going in to work every day.
Great Staff but Operationally Awful
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London26 September 2018
Clashing personalities in upper management make for horrible pressure for managers and unhappy staff. Being told to do something for the sake of doing something is the norm. No investment in technological advancement. They pay the national minimum wage in London which should be illegal.
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else.
Work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 March 2018
Working in Urban Outfitters allowed me to gain a decent amount of retail experience needed for the workplace. I picked up a variety of skills from customer service, decision-making and so on.

The team at Bluewater were very nice, however only being there 2 weeks did not give me a chance to develop friendships with anyone. This also meant meeting the management team once or twice, as I was strictly there for experience which meant being on top of the job and tasking all day.

Even though I gained no income, the experience was great and gave me an opportunity to find out how the retail industry works with a fair amount of insight from Urban Outfitters.
Pros
lunches, discounts
Cons
It a nice place to work for
Returns Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire7 June 2018
Urban outfitters is a grate place to work not only for having lots of benefits by being its employees , but also for having a grate culture.
All this makes Urban outfitters outstanding , different then any other companies.You are not only an worker at Urban outfitters you are everything as you have lots of fun , flexibility and joy!
Not a fun place to work in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Circus13 May 2018
A typical day in urban outfitters is so bad, nothing to enjoy. the management was absolutely rubbish. Especially the managers and seniors. staff don't have enough respect for one another.
Pros
no Pros
Cons
long hours and less break
poorly run but great work colleagues.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire2 October 2018
poorly run but great work colleagues. no work life balance, appalling pay, its made up slightly by the 40% off but theirs only so many jeans and fairy lights that can make up for it.
good place to work if you're young
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden3 October 2018
Good place to work if you are in your late teens. I met great friends there and have great memories. The only bad thing is that the pay is awful and it's long hours.
Fun environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westfield white city20 September 2018
Urban Outfitters is a social placewith good work culture, staff are great and enjoyable to be around however its hard work and not worth the pay they offer.
Decent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street4 July 2018
This was my first ever job and I was so excited to work here. The discount of 40% was great. However the work environment was depressing. Not al the staff and managers were friendly which made going to work less fun. It’s like the company only cares for your labour to receive large profits and in return they slap a 40% discount to compensate for the horrible staff environment. Would I recommend? Nope. I would rather work in a friendly staff environment who actually care about their employees and who are welcome. There was barely any basic training at the beginning. I understand you learn as you go, but it’s like they expect you to know everything and be perfect the first time. I would go into work tense but still willing to work my hardest and smile. And then I’ll come out of work in tears and just down and worthless.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Depressing staff environment
Negative, depressive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London18 May 2018
I worked in the UO flagship store on Oxford street, management are rude and patronising. Constantly expect you to cover shifts for them but do not want to listen to simple requests from employees. Overall, they want you to put in your all but they dont care about you. You also never leave on time, often getting kept behind for 2 extra hours when closing due to poor management and lack of staff.
Pros
40% Staff discount
Cons
everything else

Want to know more about Urban Outfitters Inc.?

Ask a question
wouldn't recommend
Senior Sales promoted to Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent18 July 2018
in my experience there was not fair management and staff were not treated equally. To much is expected of staff and looking back the wage was not enough for the work being done.
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire29 May 2018
Starting from a boring job to the pay that is a joke. And what else is a joke? The management! Or a lack of one. The "management" consists of people on the playground coming to work to play on their phones and not do what they actually are supposed to be doing.
Pros
Cons
Mostly everything
Fun and good workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 June 2018
worked at UO part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good discounts

Cons

Very rude and entitled management. Little support

Advice to Management

Hire people who aren’t pretentious
great culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Southampton20 January 2018
Overall, Urban outfitters is incredible to work for. However, I believe they are currently having a bit of an identity crisis with the change of upper management and adapting to current sales culture
Pros
Amazing creative atmosphere
Cons
Inconsistent communication
Very productive and energetic work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast18 June 2018
I’m this work place I would be asking customers about there interest on buying products and try to help them find what they are looking for I was able to resolve complaints and have each customer leave happy. The hardest part about this job was dealing with rude customers although I had a smile on my face. But the most enjoyable part of this job was being able to see a customer leave satisfied:
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Members of staff
Very slow and chaotic place
Visual merchandiser/ sales assistant (Former Employee) –  westfeild17 February 2018
The constant mele of staff coming and going made it very hard to find a productive role within the store but over all working for the brand was not to bad the hours where very flexible and the customer and co-worker interaction is what made most of the days bearable due to the almost stand offish nature of the management team at the time, just created a Noxious Divide.
Pros
discount on clothes and you meet nice people
Cons
management, pay, Not enough work to do.
Interesting
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon15 October 2018
The work load itself was fine, i enjoyed my day to day role. Im interested in fashion so working at urban was a good way to see many different styles.
Nice work experience
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  shorditch7 May 2018
Everyday for 2 weeks I arrived at Urban outfitters in spitafields/ Shoreditch at 9am for the opening at 10 am. Some of the responsibilities that I had during my short stay at Urban outfitters was to clean the shop floor, fold all clothes accordingly in size order to steam clothes and to talk to customers. This built up my customer service skills as I am now much more confident in speaking to customers and engaging them into buying products.
Pros
nice enviroment
Cons
intense working
young and fresh environmnet
Sailing woman (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 August 2018
If your a young boy/girl looking for a job, then Urban Outfitters is definitely the right place for you! Full of young and friendly people your job won't ever get boring.
Run of the mill
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Firm9 April 2018
An okay place to work, not a bad retail job whilst studying. Large company so efforts and hard work aren't really recognised. Nice working environment and good employee benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.