Upwork

Upwork Employee Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews
Upwork is a great place for skill-building and growing as a freelance illustrator. I have had a very good experience over the years and have met many loyal and returning customers.

The freedom of working on your own terms is welcome but it also requires a great portion of self-motivation and dedication. If you are looking to work on Upwork you have to be prepared to give it all and work hard to establish your reputation and begin to earn a steady income.
Pros
Work on your own terms
Cons
No Guaranteed Sallary
It is quite an experience as you talk to different clients and they all expect different things but overall it is not easy as you have to submit a proposal which takes a few days or weeks to get a reply or accepted and then you are interviewed the client and have to provide the work your client has asked and then they you will get your pay and pay varies.
Pros
Many different jobs
Cons
Long wait
UpWork has given me the platform to gain fruitful jobs when I needed them most. In particular I appreciate their safe payment methods giving me peace of mind that I will be paid on time.

Most of my work through UpWork involved market research, reaching out to clients via virtual means and appointing them to the sales team for a presentation of the product and services on offer.

As everybody knows that the hard part of this type of role is that there are no guarantees however as I have found with hard work, motivation and persistence I have delivered satisfactorily results leading me to direct contracts.

I have a passion for helping people hence chose customer services as my future path.
Working remotely can sometimes be daunting, however, Upwork is quite supportive of its employees in that and many other aspects. The company is quite keen on seeing its employees grow as well, which is one of its strongest sides.
Upwork is a freelance job platform, ideal for someone who travels frequently.
The competition is quite intense as there are many freelancers bidding for the same projects. Hence, it is hard to get a consistent flow of work.
I recently got a new contract via upwork and charged a high rate, which I was really pleased with. Upwork then gave me 7 days to upload photo ID - this has been done by me already several times over the course of 10 years. This year my passport expired only a few months ago and now I cannot withdraw any of my hard earned funds because my passport is not valid. I DONT DRIVE. I dont have any other form of photo ID. I have tried sending my recently expired passport but they wont accept it. I WILL NOT WORK FOR FREE UNTIL I GET A NEW PASSPORT. UPWORK are holding my funds now and to be honest, they can keep them - I have made upwork loads of money throughout the years. I need the UPWORK funds to pay for a new passport... they are messing with my livelihood. THOSE ARE MY EARNINGS!!! NOT YOURS UPWORK!!!
Fun and Productive workplace. Here you learn to work with real people with real problems. After this you develop a hatred for upwork and their 20% markup.
I like work as a freelancer on this platform because it puts the price on quality. This platform has brought me a lot of clients and friends too so I recommend for anyone who wants to become a freelancer to join to them.
Pros
Very good security
Cons
taxes are a bit too big
This is a great website to develop skills and build your resume. It helps give you idea regarding work culture and how to develop clients relation and work remotely!
Pros
Work from anywhere
Cons
Difficult to find client at first
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Upwork?
Excellent written and verbal  communication skills inc  formal presentation skills.
Persuasiveness,  Adaptability & Innovation.

Judgment and  Decision-making.

Collaboration &  Leadership.
Yes, it is indeed a very serious and propitious place to work, yet it is also a highly restricted one. Many diplomas, such as Bachelor, are unexploited there, and the kind of information they seek for is rare. It is such a waste for newbies who have a great potential.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
few jobs
If you work hard, upwork can be rewarding,good place to freelance. If you want to have your own work life/social life balance, freelancing is a good option. Job security can be an issue because you can go through dry spells. so be prepared for the good and bad.
Pros
good if you want to work on your own
Cons
Job Security
Overall, Upwork offers a promising living with their large array of jobs posted on a daily basis and the overall atmosphere provided by Upwork. What they don't tell you although is that getting an actual job can be incredibly difficult and tedious; while I would recommend any freelancer to at least try Upwork, reel down your expectations as chances are you won't get a job for at least the first month or two (unless you're incredibly lucky or talented)
It is very easy to be taken advantage of, have to chase payments and it is very unstable if you are not established on the site. If you build a good reputation with good clients it is a lot easier to get consistent work however it is never guaranteed.
Pros
flexible
Cons
unstable, cons
Working as a home based freelancer is really a help for moms who wants to work and at the same want to be a full time mom, it's all about time management and discipline.
Pros
Good Salary, no need to pay the transportation.
Cons
No benefits such as HMO, government monthly contribution.
The most projects like "I have 200$ and I want create facebook". Not know, maybe for Indian guys it good extra earning.....
McDonald's for developers.
Pros
easy to find a job
Cons
most of the work it is pocket money for a student
Here is a good freelance platform where you can work remotely.
During last year I improved my skills in User Experience Design and User Interface Design.
This is a platform of freelancing,i am 92% success freelancer over there.More than 4200 hours success history with 5 star rating out of 5 star.I will give my maximum efficiency to my developer.
Pros
Good client
Cons
heavy competition
If you are a hard worker you can earn a good salary. Each day is different and challenging so optimism and a "can do" approach is required to succeed
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
I like working there, I have had many Clients, there are lots of different job types.
I learnt how to co-operate with different people, also it is the most important thing for me that both the client and i are satisfied with the job I have done.
I'm a logo designer.
I hope u like my work. Me give you after tellinf work.

I will different logo designer, card design , company name logo design etc...
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break