University of the Arts London Employee Reviews

creative and fun
Administration (Former Employee) –  Camberwell20 February 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience working there as I learnt so much and gained so much from this experience. I wouldn't mind working for them again in the future.
Pros
lunch
Friendly, productive
Telephony Advisor (Former Employee) –  London6 February 2019
Early start nice time of the day
Everyones voice is heard
Management kept us informed
Great workplace to be in
Tropical temperatures in the office
Not just colleagues but friends
Professional and homelike environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London4 January 2019
A typical working day was starting by being briefed by one of the Supervisor/Manager in charge. After receiving instructions about the event, a map of the building was given to everyone of us. We were assigned with the daily tasks and then sent off to set up everything that was needed to welcome the guests.
I have been working for the same team for almost 3 years and this really gave me the opportunity to get accustomed to the working method and the team members. The scenario were I was working was almost perfect for me and the needs I had. Considering that I was studying and also in need of an employment which could help me to optimise my time schedule. That was potentially one of the best solutions I could have came across. The sum of all this factors largely contributed to create a very positive and enjoyable workplace.
Pros
No commute between college and workplace.
Cons
No free lunch
Great Manager
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  London27 November 2018
Great manager good hours to work around your studies and good pay. one downside is that you get paid a two months after you have worked so hard to budget for the month.
interesting a varied role
xx (Current Employee) –  London28 September 2018
Great role which is engaging and developmental with variety and opportunity however employment status and mechanism for pay are not as good and progression routes are limited. there is a lot of travel involved in role which is not passed and no holiday or sick pay.
Pros
variety of work
Cons
poor employment status
Excellent organisation to be a part of
External Moderator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2018
Really enjoyable and beneficial organisation to be a part of with a keen interest in arts education and transformable education.

Colleagues met during working events, annual meetings and other networking opportunities gives you constantly updated knowledge within the ever changing landscape of education.
As a student
Journalist student (Current Employee) –  London11 May 2018
As a student still studying at UAL I don't have a bad word to say. Lectures are very eager to help if you are lacking in any area and always try to push you to the next leave. Deadlines are very important at UAL as we are being prepped for the professional world everything we do has to be kept to a professional level at all times.
Pros
Everything is professional
Cons
Communication can be hard.
Wonderful place to work for anyone creative
Lecturer & Researcher (Former Employee) –  London9 May 2018
It is a challenging job to be a lecturer and researcher but I loved every minute I was there and found staff to be supportive. The atmosphere at time can be full on especially towards the end of the academic year however overall great place to work.
Pros
Lots of exhibitions
Brillant place to work
EA/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  High Holborn26 February 2018
Vibrant workplace.

I enjoyed the 16 years I worked there as the job grew as the organisation grew and the provided an interesting work day and the progress was visible as I was there for the long period of time. Department went from 15 to over 150 in the time i was there.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Cons
Slow/no decisions made. Bureaucracy.
An excellent experience.
Moderator (Current Employee) –  London22 February 2018
Work was extremely varied and included travel to different sites. Travel expenses were paid for. The workplace involved training seminars, otherwise it was travelling solo to visit as a representative. I learned a lot and would recommend this company to anyone.
Interesting varied workplace based within the Art School
ART SHOP RETAIL ASSISTANT WINCHESTER SCHOOL OF ART (Former Employee) –  London13 February 2018
Stock checking & re-stocking shop materials.
Dealing with customers face to face
cashing up at the end of the day.
placing orders to regular suppliers.
Advising customers on best and appropriate uses of materials
unpacking and arranging stock on to the shop floor.

More about art materials and their various uses.
Working in teams
dealing with peak times and serving customers in time pressured situations.
Dealing with people face to face.

Great to be working with creative people, scope to make the shop environment attractive and user friendly to the students.
Prioritising in pressured situations.
Cashing up skills.
Pros
staff discounts on materials, very local to Winchester
Cons
remote management in London
Fun and Enjoyable
Freelance (Current Employee) –  London4 May 2017
The hours are flexible and the managers are kind and thoughtful. The jobs vary depending on skills sets and number of applicants. I have learnt how to be more confident in the workplace.
Focused on staff development
Administrator (Current Employee) –  High Holborn29 March 2017
Friendly environment and plenty of development opportunities. You aren't expected to work long hours, The company is modern. There are events to keep staff up to date on whats going on on a bigger scale and there is always a networking event after with food and drink. Opportunity to work as part of a large complex organisation and strong communication skills are essential.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Lots of contract issues
Good employer
Postgraduate Community Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Varied30 January 2017
The university sector is a good place to work and UAL is a good example. Salaries are good, leave is generous.
Workload is generally ok... It is an organisation with many different parts, and things can move slowly as a result.
Staff perks include use of the libraries and access to Adobe and Microsoft Office software for your own personal computer
Pros
Generous leave
Cons
If you stay too long you can become a bit institutionalised
Fun Workplace
Technical Tutor (Current Employee) –  London12 July 2016
I enjoy working here. The student I work with are very respectable.
It's where I learn how to teach a class of students for the first time.
Pros
Free lunch, Free Travel
Cons
no cons
To be creative
Student (Former Employee) –  student18 May 2016
I study in UAL for almost two years. I really enjoy the time here. It bring me lots experiences on doing projects. And I made friends here .
No progression opps or work/life balance
Facilities Officer (Current Employee) –  London27 March 2016
No progression opps or work/life balance - shift patterns constantly changing with no consideration for employee's and their families. No progression opps or training provided.
Great company to work with
PA to Associate Directors & IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, UK14 March 2016
I would have stayed if I could, but family matters made me move out of the city, unfortunately. If I have stayed in the city I would have kept the job.
Great Work Culture
Graphic Designer/Artworker (Current Employee) –  London, ENG16 October 2015
Being a student at the London College of Communication as well as working within an educational environment motivated me to develop and deepen my skills. Last year I attended courses in Adobe Dreamweaver. In previous years I undertook short courses in Photoshop and Illustrator and trained myself using Lynda.com in InDesign and After Effects. In addition I attended a Counselling skills short course, which among other subjects helped me to increase my knowledge on topics such as Equal Opportunity and Diversity Policy
Innovative in terms of design.
A great pleasure to work for them.
A dynamic and pleasant workplace
UniFlow Print Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG19 February 2015
UAL has a fast changing environment providing new experiences for students. Because of that the workplace is always dynamic and interesting.