University of Worcester Employee Reviews

Full Time degree at Worcester Uni Bsc 2:1 Hons
Student (Former Employee) –  Worcester30 September 2018
I enjoyed learning new things in a mentally stimulating environment, with interesting and intelligent people. There was a fantastic library to do research in and the lecturers supplied excellent reading lists.
Pros
Having the freedom to learn and participate in experiments and discussions and give presentations.
Cons
Great colleagues and supportive work environment
Receptionist/Conferencing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester7 August 2018
Great working environment and team. People are supportive and always friendly. There is room for development. You can go for certificates and develop a lot of new skills. I did :)
Fun, Productive
Student Script Editor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire27 August 2018
I volunteered to help first year students to develop their screenplays. My tutor was friendly and supported me throughout the experience and showed me an alternative perspective of the craft of screenwriting.
Pros
Got to be creative, was able to give leadership and offer advice.
Job - Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Worcester23 July 2018
Fun and enjoyable role. Lovely to meet and chat to new potential students and their families about the university and their chosen course or course of interest.
great atmosphere
Student support notetaker (Current Employee) –  Worcester5 July 2018
I enjoy the feeling of working here, it's very green, modern and clean , full of bright young things and staff!
and a great canteen. I am not an employee but angency staff so cant comment on the uni as an employee
Fun work environment
Actor (Former Employee) –  Worcester18 June 2018
As this was my first paid job I found them very accommodating and they always made sure I felt comfortable and was achieving the best that I could. The hours were flexible to my course hours which I was still completing at the time.
Pros
Experience
fantastic
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Worcester7 March 2018
great place to study and learn very supportive tutors always there if there were any issues and i always had great placements with really good learning opportunities
Positive
football coach (Current Employee) –  Worcester10 November 2015
Enjoyable experiences followed with the ups and downs of a competitive sport. Team management along with supportive peers allowing me to thrive.
Satisfying and vibrant place to work
Human Resources Officer (Current Employee) –  Saint Johns Campus, Univeristy of Worcester5 February 2018
Having studied at the University of Worcester previously and having enjoyed my time here i had the university on my radar as a place i would like to work at, having worked here for a year now i can honestly say its the friendliest and most interesting company I've worked for. Development opportunities are good, there is a comprehensive induction and ongoing training opportunities. Departments work collaboratively with one another. The energy of the students spills over to the employees. Nice working environment. Family friendly working practices.
Pros
Great working environment, good L&D opportunities, supportive colleagues
Aspirational and inspirational.
SENIOR LECTURER IN EDUCATION (Former Employee) –  Worcester19 January 2018
Uow serves its students well and is committed to enabling them to fulfill their potential. Courses are well designed and assessments vary to celebrate a range of learning of styles.

Want to know more about University of Worcester?

Ask a question
Friendly and relaxed place to work
Principal Lecturer (0.5) (Current Employee) –  St. John's Worcester13 March 2017
While working at Worcester I have been able to create many new courses and develop new opportunities for staff and students. It has a 'can do' culture which makes it a good place to work. I have also developed many new skills while working there.
Pros
open to new ideas
Cons
Sometimes too much administration
Recommend
Student Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, ENG21 September 2014
For the most part the post job was enjoyable but advancement to other posts within the University was near impossible. Many student support workers had the same problem.
Good learning environment
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Worcester7 March 2016
Good teaching standards, good resources available to students, nice tutors, difficult to strike a good work life balance and my funds were tight
Pros
good university
Cons
no work life balance
good place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, ENG15 February 2015
usually get a lot support from the right management level, very good place to learn new things from highly intelligent academics. flexible work environment, good staff, nice support, good work ethics.
Career prospects
Student Academic Mentor (Former Employee) –  Worcester15 August 2017
Working in this capacity was a great experience. As a student at the time helping other students it made my own experiences that bit more valuable as they could help others to achieve as I had.
Interesting and challenging workplace
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire13 July 2017
-interesting environment to work in
-new challenges everytime
-'team work makes the dream work'
-good communication between the workers
-well organised and felxible
great stuff
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester19 June 2017
great role, especially for a student. you get to learn a lot! there's gonna be a lot of amazing responsibility and authority on your shoulders; which I found empowering and maybe flattering a bit. loved it (but tbh anything involving students it's pretty fun and easy to love)
Excellent and Inclusive
Corporate Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St John's, Worcester4 April 2017
I was employed immediately after graduating and have an amazing events job. The team have been very accommodating and inclusive when it comes to my mental wellness.
Friendly environment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, UK6 June 2017
Hard work with plenty to challenge you. Can be fun with a great team of employees. Great affordable food with plenty of choice. Mrs Conway the catering manager is very approachable and will assist with any problem you may have.
Pros
Hours to suit
Cons
Hard hot work
A family friendly environment
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  University of Worcester22 February 2017
The University offers lots of positions and is a very flexible and friendly place to work. My only criticism would be that academic staff are treated better and your the pay is perhaps a little low for the tasks carried out.
Pros
flexible family working
Cons
Academics get bonuses, non-academic staff have to beg for a pay increase

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Worcester. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3