University of Worcester

University of Worcester Employee Reviews

United Kingdom43 reviews
As a first-year student, this job was just perfect for me. Recommend. They know that you have classes so nobody is going to schedule anything without you. You go to some meetings and help along but most of the hard work is not yours. The only downside is the number of hours. You may get enough hours one month and the next you are lucky if you make 20£.
Pros
Work whenever you want
Cons
You may not get enough hours to make a great salary
Promise everything but in the end my particular experience was the management had there favourites and felt like an outsider the whole time. Not flexible, not supportive it’s just not wat they project in the glossy information you receive!
Nice place to work. Head groundman very helpful as were all the staff I worked with. Great atmoshpere around the university, friendly place to work. I worked mainly at the main campus.
There is plenty to enjoy about working at the University of Worcester. There is plenty that will fustrate the pants off you.
Benefits:

Flexible working and time off has never been an issue

Pay for the level of job is fair (in most cases, others it makes no sense)

Relaxed atmosphere

relaxed dress code

Good onsite food outlets

Student benefits such as discounts

Negatives:

Major disparity between senior and junior staff

Senior staff do they want dispite policy and procedures which can cause friction and stress to staff just trying to do their job
They have always been friendly and supportive of my ongoing training and development. Willing to listen to my ideas on how to improve and develop my role.
The university provides a multitude of work opportunitys to students, management always provides sufficent support and training. Great work atmosphere.
A great place to work for with all the benefits of holidays, sick pay etc. A great atmosphere.

Good management and HR team to support you through all your needs.
I worked under the University of Worcester through the Worcester Arena. It's a friendly environment to work in, other members of staff are helpful and management is easy to contact.
A comfortable working environment with approachable staff members. Employer is responsive to queries and helpful. Management could be improved but overall very good.
Easy going job helping prospectus students. Many different options of activities and training. Easy to talk to management and payment always quick. Easy to apply for and no expectations from them.
Pros
Can chose hours around your schedule
Cons
0 hour contracts so may not have shifts when needed
All of the people are really friendly and it is a great environment and group of people to be a part of. They care about you and take an interest in your life.
This is a company that values their employees. Good work/life balance. Interesting place due to variety of campus locations and various types of people and events.
By working on a 0 hour contract allows someone to choose when they are going to work. When working on open days you can engage with staff members, current and potential students. I have learnt how an open and interview day is run in the sports department, the atmosphere is relaxed but hard working at the same time to show off the department. The hardest part of the job is not knowing when the next working opportunity is going to be but the most enjoyable is working with different people of each shift and feeling more on the same level with staff and faculty members.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unpredictable hours
The people were great and was a welcoming and fun place to work. Great place if you like meeting new people and enjoy building fun and friendly relationships with the new faces coming through the university every year.
Pros
teammates
Cons
low hours
I enjoyed learning new things in a mentally stimulating environment, with interesting and intelligent people. There was a fantastic library to do research in and the lecturers supplied excellent reading lists.
Pros
Having the freedom to learn and participate in experiments and discussions and give presentations.
Cons
I volunteered to help first year students to develop their screenplays. My tutor was friendly and supported me throughout the experience and showed me an alternative perspective of the craft of screenwriting.
Pros
Got to be creative, was able to give leadership and offer advice.
Great working environment and team. People are supportive and always friendly. There is room for development. You can go for certificates and develop a lot of new skills. I did :)
Fun and enjoyable role. Lovely to meet and chat to new potential students and their families about the university and their chosen course or course of interest.
I enjoy the feeling of working here, it's very green, modern and clean , full of bright young things and staff!
and a great canteen. I am not an employee but angency staff so cant comment on the uni as an employee
As this was my first paid job I found them very accommodating and they always made sure I felt comfortable and was achieving the best that I could. The hours were flexible to my course hours which I was still completing at the time.
Pros
Experience
Cons
great place to study and learn very supportive tutors always there if there were any issues and i always had great placements with really good learning opportunities
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Worcester. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3