University of Ulster

University of Ulster Employee Reviews

United Kingdom52 reviews
Good place to work and to progress Could do with a bit more online training but overall a very good place To work F you’re looking for a work life balance.
I am really enjoying work at Ulster as the environment is very friendly and collaborative. The management is very cooperative and very helpful. The environment is multicultural.
Poor quality and outdated teaching. Only course of it's kind in the country and this monopoly unfortunately has made the course and it's teaching methods outdated and of a poor standard. Over emphasis on tutors being research-led rather than from industry is an issue.
I was only working here for two weeks showing potential new students around the campus and helping them if the had any quires about the university. When working here it was a nice relaxed and calm atmosphere.
Excellent company to work for. Great benefits in training and development.
Scope to progress. Support with job responsibilities in developing and engaging student learning
very busy but good because you never know what is going to be required and therefore you have to be able to cope with prioritising demands on your time to deliver on target
good salary
lovely people to work with

loads of different jobs to do and was very good helping out with the new students.

good environment to work in.
Pros
Good pay, days off
Cons
can get a bit tedious
usually a great place to work, most of the staff are great, flexible working hours, good progression. However some group management staffs method of managing leaves a lot to be desired.
good for helping your student experience to be less expensive when living in student accommodation.
friendly office staff who are more than glad to help.
During my study, UU has provided me with a great stepping stone upon which I can build a career. The resources provided by the University have allowed me to develop myself to the stage I am at currently.
Good reputable company. Good working hours. Need car due to location. Management good. Workers good to work with. Training available. Consistent work.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
-staff are typically fast at responding to problems
-general good systems set up

-3 hour lectures are too long to stay in focus

-water fondant near/in library needed
Pros
loads of study areas
Cons
library opens too late in mornings
Friendly staff and very supportive when learning new tasks such as operating telephone helplines lines for A-level students and when assisting with events like graduation as they provide training days prior to commencing the events.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
There is no free parking for volunteers which can be pricey
I worked as a part time job while studying, it was a great workforce and never had the feeling of dreading going to work!

When something came up last minute staff always tried to accommodate needs
Very friendly people, relax and productive environment. Every day was enjoyable and I learnt many new skills while working there. Everyone was clear on their roles and worked hard for each other.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
the university of ulster Jordanstown is a great institution with fantastic opportunitys and a great outlook on working life balance with a very professional outlook
As a postgraduate demonstrator I've thoroughly enjoyed the opportunities available to me. Staff are wonderfully supportive and encouraging, they have helped me to grow and develop in my career providing invaluable feedback throughout.
Lack of professionalism and tendency to take no measurements what so ever to improve the campus life, and most important students experience who are studying and would like to gain knowledge.
Pros
diverse background
Cons
small lunch area
A typical day included meeting with student and helping them with their daily activities within a university setting. I learned a lot about about caring for people, patience and using my own initiative.
Pros
Rewarding, relaxed and good income
Cons
unreliable job, you only have work while student is in university
worked for sub contractor in the university. Working in the university gave me experience in other jobs that I didn't have enough experience to apply for previously.
Estudios en filología hispánica, muy complementario con mi carrera profesional
Pros
Muy necesario
Cons
Lejanía